Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

"Game of Thrones” star Sophie Turner opens up about her battle with depression and how social media was a “catalyst,” on “Phil in the Blanks” podcast. And, hear why she says it’s important to share her story.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last Sunday watching the battle with my wolf like creature next to me

Points Awarded:

KVB gave HurryUpAndDrink 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5541

Such an awesome show! I'm gonna miss it once it's all over. No other show like it. I can't stand these futuristic shows and cop shows. There's not enough good shows like fame thrones with knights etc.

inmyownzone
    inmyownzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

dope season so far. heard the show is gonna end different than the books so itll be interesting to read the last two books sometime in the next 20 years lmao. im only on the 3rd book now though. didn't watch sundays episode till last night and even with trying to avoid spoilers like the plague, I knew the night king lost at winterfell because of a recommended video on youtube that read " why the night king lost at winterfell " and then my friend posted a pic on snapchat of aryas head on lillards body when he got tackled after the "dagger" against okc.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by inmyownzone View Post
    dope season so far. heard the show is gonna end different than the books so itll be interesting to read the last two books sometime in the next 20 years lmao. im only on the 3rd book now though. didn't watch sundays episode till last night and even with trying to avoid spoilers like the plague, I knew the night king lost at winterfell because of a recommended video on youtube that read " why the night king lost at winterfell " and then my friend posted a pic on snapchat of aryas head on lillards body when he got tackled after the "dagger" against okc.
    I'm on book 4 and kinda pissed because there is a book 6 that hasn't been published yet. Or maybe not written, idk.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9119

They really going to spend the last 3 episodes building up drama with Cersei, when Arya can take care of everything by herself? Cersei has no idea she's basically godlike at this point. Wouldn't stand a chance.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Such an awesome show! I'm gonna miss it once it's all over. No other show like it. I can't stand these futuristic shows and cop shows. There's not enough good shows like fame thrones with knights etc.
    the dragons make it awesome otherwise its just an average show, too much bs and incest

i would rather watch knightfall and vikings on history channel, the last kindom, old shows like tudors and penny dreadful on showtime, white queen, white princess, spanish princess(may 5) on starzz, so many others

bigtymer56

They brought Ghost back for that? What a send off. They shouldve just let him die last week. Lmao.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    They brought Ghost back for that? What a send off. They shouldve just let him die last week. Lmao.
    man, and why not use Bran to scan with the crows the enemy position

why travel separated??? why by sea knowing how dangerous Euron's fleet is

Bran has done shit, literally!

And so the Hound and Arya go ona suicide mission to take out the Mountain and Cersei... please...

And what's Jamie gonna do?? They need all the men they can get but Brienne stays back??? And Thormund abandons his king with the wildlings???

WHAT?

Im angry at the shitty writing, the actors are awesome, the cast is what truly makes this show.

The directors can't write for shit

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

I find Season 8 disappointing so far apart from episode 1.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Just realized Jon will rejoin Tormund and Ghost beyond the wall after everything is over.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Riveting episode

Last one was all action this one was all intrigue

dlowilly

Haven't read the books or anything but I get the feeling that even though we have seen and heard little from Bronn lately he will play a major role soon. He has a vested interest in seeing Cersei go down now (Lord of Highgarden vs. Riverrun) yet she and her army don't know any different. He may even be the one who kills her at an opportune moment. What are the odds on him ending up on the Iron throne anyway?

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Centaur (dlowilly) excellent thread.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Haven't read the books or anything but I get the feeling that even though we have seen and heard little from Bronn lately he will play a major role soon. He has a vested interest in seeing Cersei go down now (Lord of Highgarden vs. Riverrun) yet she and her army don't know any different. He may even be the one who kills her at an opportune moment. What are the odds on him ending up on the Iron throne anyway?
    I am starting book 5 (and the last one published in the series.) There is a lot going on and so any different characters that you still get confused 5 books in. Get with me in a few days. It's over 1000 pages. Should take me about 4-5 to read.

inmyownzone

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I am starting book 5 (and the last one published in the series.) There is a lot going on and so any different characters that you still get confused 5 books in. Get with me in a few days. It's over 1000 pages. Should take me about 4-5 to read.
    I feel like winds of winter (book 6 of 7) will come out in the next year and a half. Which means I need to get moving on books 3-5. George isn't happy with the show anymore and I think that's gonna make the last 2 books even better.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by inmyownzone View Post
    I feel like winds of winter (book 6 of 7) will come out in the next year and a half. Which means I need to get moving on books 3-5. George isn't happy with the show anymore and I think that's gonna make the last 2 books even better.
    I don't think he knows how to finish it, he's stuck.

inmyownzone

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    I don't think he knows how to finish it, he's stuck.
    I agree. But I feel like throneheads disappointment with this final season will push book 6 a bit but who knows when the final installment will come. A lot of chapters for 6 aren't just written but have been posted on his website already.

HurryUpAndDrink

Very dissapointed

These showrunners are dumb and dumber JFC...

penetrate Daenerys

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15337

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    Last Sunday watching the battle with my wolf like creature next to me

lmao

absolute poverty

trash all over the place, cheap cosco tv, wood panel walls, malnourished dog

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

this isn’t just character assassination. this is character annihilation.
    the worst part is that cersei was right about her....
    Arya still has a green-eyed kill left, rip daenerys targaryen

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

Completely ruined Jamie's character arc
    Completely ruined Cersie's character arc
    Completely ruined Dany's character arc

Other than that I liked it!!

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    lmao

absolute poverty

trash all over the place, cheap cosco tv, wood panel walls, malnourished dog

If you ever have a choice between wood paneled walls and modern drywall, take the wood panels!

The wood often has natural anti-fungal, anti-mold and anti-biotic properties, while modern drywall appears almost deliberately designed to support the growth of mold, mildew and fungus.

Long story short, wood panels are generally far healthier and superior to whatever it is you have right now.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post
    Completely ruined Jamie's character arc
    Completely ruined Cersie's character arc
    Completely ruined Dany's character arc

Other than that I liked it!!
    Clumsy writers, the only thing that saves the season is the amazing cast. They were doomed ever since they chose to do these 2 last seasons in 13 episodes instead of 20. And since GRRM said it should have been 10 seasons, I can sense he is pissed they overlooked and scraped tons of stuff necessary to season us viewers for what was coming.

They totally ****** character development this season.

But I guess it was nice that Sandor the Hound found some shampoo in Winterfell so he looked good for the Clegane Bowl.

HurryUpAndDrink

Last episode won't make a difference, its ruined. Plot writing is like the base of a building, if its not well done and stable enough, the building will eventually fall flat on its own no matter how pretty it looked.

Production: B+ (was +A before the Coffee cup on Episode 4 and hear Euron yell "Fire!" when instructing his men to fire the ballistas... how do you fire a fukkin arrouw man? LOOSE!!!!)

Acting: A-

Sound Design: A

Music: A+

Direction and Cinematography: A+

Visual Effects: A

Writing: F

dlowilly

Sucks they left out Lady Stoneheart totally

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Sucks they left out Lady Stoneheart totally
    And Nymeria and the pack of wolves...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

season 8 has been disappointing should of done more with the deaths of the incest siblings
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 05-14-19 at 01:22 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

yep, huge let down so far.

First two episodes were useless and after waiting two years the first episode was truly a joke.

Just nothing good about this season and the biggest gaffe of all?

Cersei builds scorpions but doesn't put any in the city or around the keep.

Also, hilarious the first dragon got hit by 3 different people yet no one can even get a shot off on the next one.

Doesn't even make sense how the first dragon even got hit unless danny had her eyes closed and was daydreaming. You would have seen the huge sails of the boat before anyone aiming the scorpion could even see the dragon.

and the way they did the night king was crap. He basically died by monologging. But, instead of talking and wasting time he just stood there and wasted time.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    And Nymeria and the pack of wolves...
    Don't forget the part where apparently Jamie's hand grew back right before he died.

That should rank up there with the Starbucks cup.

Ok, reading is taking me longer than I thought. A week later and I am 43% through the 5th book (which is almost half because from 91% on, it is nothing but breakdowns of all the major and minor family trees)

And Dany is still in Meereen. Tyrion and Jorah are on their way there.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

The writing started going south as soon the show eclipsed the books but it's been gaping this final season

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Cersei or Lena headey got paid $48k a minute to basically drink wine and stare out on a balcony this season

Jon snow or aegon Targaryen or kit Harrington got $500k to look sad and repeat you're my queen or I don't want it

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

"A dire wolf has no place in the south" - John Snow

Ditches ghost just like that. Unreal

Why Game of Thrones fans are outraged over the show’s treatment of Ghost

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Last 3 episodes were fukking EPIC.

I don't understand what people are complaining about.

This is a perfect microcosm of politics and real life where most start out wanting to make the world a better place and get seduced by circumstance, ego and whatever else.

"You die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain."

"Daenerys may not be the hero, kings landing needs, but she may well be the one it deserves."

bigtymer56

First ... 10111213141516 Last