StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Interesting but seems too convoluted. I do predict an angle about providing an annihilation threat (my theory) as to why the NK is doing what he's doing (bring people together).

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Did they ever explain how the dickless army got off that island after the crazy guy burned all their ships? Or was that just another huge plot hole in a rushed and poorly written season?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^lol forgot about that.

I just found out the final season is 2 years from now. Waiting 2 years for 6 episodes.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Wow, about to go look that up. Are they going to upcharge for that too? PPV?

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Did they ever explain how the dickless army got off that island after the crazy guy burned all their ships? Or was that just another huge plot hole in a rushed and poorly written season?
    You mean Casterly Rock? I didn't think that was an island, thought Jaime said they did it so the unsullied would have to walk across Westeros
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Yeah and how is a wight dragon shooting fire? A living dragon shooting fire is one thing, but a wight dragon shooting fire doesn't even make sense. It would kill itself.

In the book I heard the wight dragon actually had ice breathe.

also, just read the theory about bran being the night king and I get it. I thought the theory was bran was controlling him now but the theory is bran went back in time and got trapped in night king's body. Certainly interesting theory and ties in how night king knew to bring the chains.
    Watching that Ice Dragon basically impersonate a giant "Acetyline welder's torch" to the Ice Wall was hilarious to me. That's basically what the Night King was doing, having this dragon just blow blow blow blue fire till it came down.

It's going to be a really lame storyline if all it takes is killing the Night King, and then all the whitewalkers immediately die. That would make the battle with them way too easy, but that's probably what they will go with. THey'll have Jon beat the WhiteWalkers in the first 2 episodes, then you'll have Jon and Dany feuding about who is the rightful King. Meanwhile Cersei will be gathering her forces, and it'll still end up a fight between those 3.

I really doubt the ultimate battle will be the whitewalkers vs the living.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Wow, about to go look that up. Are they going to upcharge for that too? PPV?

lol they could do it too. In fact, if they were smart and wanted to make the most money they would just cancel the last season since it's 2 years away anyways and plan 6 separate, 2 hour+ movies. Waiting would suck but it would solve all the issues since they are largely budget related plus they would make a lot more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post

Watching that Ice Dragon basically impersonate a giant "Acetyline welder's torch" to the Ice Wall was hilarious to me. That's basically what the Night King was doing, having this dragon just blow blow blow blue fire till it came down.

It's going to be a really lame storyline if all it takes is killing the Night King, and then all the whitewalkers immediately die. That would make the battle with them way too easy, but that's probably what they will go with. THey'll have Jon beat the WhiteWalkers in the first 2 episodes, then you'll have Jon and Dany feuding about who is the rightful King. Meanwhile Cersei will be gathering her forces, and it'll still end up a fight between those 3.

I really doubt the ultimate battle will be the whitewalkers vs the living.

yeah that is how I see it going down too. They will fight off the night king then cersei will be the last one standing to be defeated.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

That would actually be more interesting because though the WW are an interesting, creeping part of the story, it's always been about the literal Game of Thrones. I say Cersei dies by episode 3 if there are 6 episodes. If the Night King bites it early, will Bran play a huge role then?

Isn't it funny how so many of these (formerly child) actors are pretty ugly at this point? Arya and Bran among the top uggos as they become adults now.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Isn't it funny how so many of these (formerly child) actors are pretty ugly at this point? Arya and Bran among the top uggos as they become adults now.
    It really is funny
    Army of the dead is already past the wall, but in the time it takes for him and his army to reach Winterfell Bran will have a 5 oclock shadow and Arya will have big she cant hide

dlowilly

LOL Bronn and Poddrig split from the big scene for a drink so Bronn and Cercei actors don't have to be around one another
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HurryUpAndDrink

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    lol bronn and poddrig split from the big scene for a drink so bronn and cercei actors don't have to be around one another
    hilarious.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I'm just here to observer dork ass geeks....

But I hope there is a translator - I don't speak nerd

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    I'm just here to observer dork ass geeks....

But I hope there is a translator - I don't speak nerd
    Apparently you don't speak English either.

brooks85

so air date is not until april 2019 according the girl playing arya

and show writers, the ones who have dropped turds all over the show after there was no more books to use, just got signed to do star wars movies.

dlowilly

Good season premier

That poor Umber kid

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14632

Good season premier

That poor Umber kid
    Eagle is the Uber kid. Ohhhhh, you said Umber.

HurryUpAndDrink

LOL, that dragon stare when you are smooching the mother of dragons...

The dragons know he is the true king

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    LOL, that dragon stare when you are smooching the mother of dragons...

The dragons know he is the true king
    Maybe it was more like, "Dude that's your aunt, gross"

HurryUpAndDrink

Maybe it was more like, "Dude that's your aunt, gross"
    LOL, nah, the history of the Targaeryans is full of incest

Is in their blood. Dragon lays with dragon, to keep the bloodline pure.

HurryUpAndDrink

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...tuff-happened/

1. Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya — The OG Throuple

The first Targaryens to sit on the Iron Throne were a sister-brother-sister throuple. By all accounts, Aegon the Conqueror was in love with his sister Rhaenys but felt obligated to also marry his older sister Visenya. The three of them had a solid ruling relationship and each of the wives had one son. When Aegon died and Rhaenys’s son Aerys took the throne, Visenya waited five years before a lifetime of sister-wife resentment boiled over and she had him killed. Her son Maegor took the throne and was predictably insane, earning the nickname “Maegor the Cruel.”
    To be fair, it seems like this was more of a polygamy problem than an incest problem.
    2. Shaera and Jaehaerys — Stumbled At The Finish Line

By the time Princess Shaera and Prince Jaeherys were around, their father King Aegon had caught on to the idea that making sure your kids weren’t reliably sociopaths was more important than making sure they had silver hair. King Aegon betrothed both Jaehaerys and Shaera to other families, but the siblings couldn’t deny their love and secretly married. The king was upset, as were the families they were supposed to marry into, but their love prevailed and they had two children, Aerys and Rhaella. Yes, that Aerys. Their son became the Mad King.
    Book-only characters Jaehaerys and Shaera don't exist in the timeline of Game of Thrones, where King Aegon is listed as the Mad King’s father, but in both cases Aerys married his sister Rhaella and became father to Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daenerys.

[IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/madking-1504044220.png?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&r esize=480:*[/IMG]

They were doing so well, and then...
    HBO

3. Aelor and Aelora — Twincest With A Twist

Aelor and Aelora were twin Targaryen royals who married, and it’s heavily suggested that they were in love! Real love! Or at least in love enough so that when Aelora accidentally killed her husband in a mysterious accident she was upset enough to go mad with grief and guilt. That’s three strikes for insanity, if you’re keeping count.
    4. Daemon and Rhaenyra — Just An Absolute Shitshow

Princess Rhaenyra fell in love with her uncle Daemon. Her father the king had earlier refused to let Daemon give a dragon egg to a girl he liked, so Daemon retaliated by seducing the princess. Later, after both Rhaenyra and Daemon got married to spouses that died young, the uncle and niece doubled down on pissing off the king by eloping. This story would almost almost be sweet, if it didn’t end with Daemon cheating on her with another distant Targaryen relative, him falling off a dragon, and Rhaenyra being eaten by a different, meaner dragon.

[IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/dragon-teeth-1502911295.gif?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&r esize=320:*[/IMG]

Could have gone a lot better for Rhaenyra.
    HBO

5. Jaehaerys and Alysanne — As Good As It Gets

Jaehaerys (a different Jaehaerys than the guy in #2) and Alysanne were married siblings who stayed together for forty-six years. They were actually married for longer, but had two Great Quarrels during which they separated, a rarity for a royal couple. Their first argument was never described, but the second erupted when Jaehaerys intended to pass over a woman in favor of a man in the line of succession. Alysanne argued that if women were were so useless, he didn’t need her around, and left him for two years.
    This is...fine. Really badass, actually. As far as recorded Targaryen incest goes, this is literally the best Daenerys and Jon could possible hope for. It’s certainly better than being killed by your other mom, or seduced over an egg, or raising a terrorist. Unfortunately we’ll have to wait a year (or two!) to find out how the star-crossed descendants of the Mad King cope with finding out they’ve unwittingly committed the Targaryen taboo, and if history will repeat itself in any interesting and terrible ways.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13364

simmer down nerds

dlowilly

I think I would rather be in Winterfell waiting for the dead to come than live in LALA land though

dlowilly

Maisie Williams has a tight little bod

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Arya for the win

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

everyone say a prayer for lyanna mormont, the lady of bear island before next week’s episode

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    everyone say a prayer for lyanna mormont, the lady of bear island before next week’s episode
    thats scary to think off

how many big characters will die next epi? 5.5? over -125?

lol

this episode was great, lots of loose ends handled

HurryUpAndDrink

Maisie Williams has a tight little bod
    that one was confusing for me

she aroused me but I cannot help I know this girl since she is 10 and she is still kinda underage in the show

in real life, the actress is 22

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

It was confusing to witness Arya lose her virginity. Felt weird. I wanted to fast forward the part too.

Realise now I mostly felt angry about the whole scene. IDK why yet.

Yulia74

Quote Originally Posted by yulia74 View Post
    lyanna mormont the killer of giants, poor girl

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by yulia74 View Post
    lyanna mormont the killer of giants, poor girl
    horrible death, she fought like a bear should

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Arya for the win
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9119

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    horrible death, she fought like a bear should
    That shit was comical.

Episode was meh for me. Miss the old days when everything wasn't so damn predictable. And they didn't hammer you over the head with foreshadowing. "And blue eyes.." Lol, could've just skipped the half hour between that line and the final scene.

That was one of the things that drew me into the show. The heroes weren't guaranteed to survive. The good guy got his head crushed because he lost his cool in battle occasionally. Or everytime somebody died it wasn't a heroic sacrifice.

Now its like every other show were the heroes always win at the last possible second. Fuking Jon Snow is worst general on the show but survives every battle.
    PS. - Great use of the White Walkers.
    Last edited by bigtymer56; 04-29-19 at 10:11 AM.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    That shit was comical.

Episode was meh for me. Miss the old days when everything wasn't so damn predictable. And they didn't hammer you over the head with foreshadowing. "And blue eyes.." Lol, could've just skipped the half hour between that line and the final scene.

That was one of the things that drew me into the show. The heroes weren't guaranteed to survive. The good guy got his head crushed because he lost his cool in battle occasionally. Or everytime somebody died it wasn't a heroic sacrifice.

Now its like every other show were the heroes always win at the last possible second. Fuking Jon Snow is worst general on the show but survives every battle.
    PS. - Great use of the White Walkers.
    I was telling a friend that, Jon is kinda dumb, has zero sense of strategy (and even if he does, he doesnt follow his own plan like in the Battle of the Bastards).

GRRM is not happy with the showrunners I hear, he claims they jammed this last season into very few episodes, claims there was enough material for 2 full seasons, 10 episodes each.

I personally liked the episode, but the way some people made it its very UNBELIEVABLE.

*All of a sudden Jamie was an expert sowrdsman with his left hand... why show him as an useless fighter all the time just to have him man up like that on the toughest battle? He and Brianne should have died.

*Samwell survived, don't even get me started on that.

*Loved the Lyanna Stark moment, seeing her all battered after the giant punched her was gutwrenching.

*I'm cool with Arya being the hero... in fact I don't mind it at all. She kinda deserved it more than Jon.

*Dany should have died with Jorah, there were shots in which Dany fought off 3+ walkers with the sword, when according to the show SHE NEVER HELD A FUCKIN SWORD. Sorry, I dont buy it she fought off those beasts with no skills, sorry thats just lazy writing, why not have her train a bit during season 3-4 with Jorah or something and set her up to not be useless without her dragons?

*Jon should have died too... when the night king resurrected the fallen, everyone was toast... I can't believe they survived for mins with the other walkers... again, not the best writing, could have done differently.

*Berric got stabbed 30 times or some shit and managed to overrun the walkers just to die inside, should have died outside.

*How did Arya ran past by 500+ walkers unstopped??? loved all her scenes btw, she is a great actress and I'm strangely super infatuated with her, she's 22 but I feel like Stevek the pedo.

Yulia74

yea, too much BS, too many characters, most people follow it because of the dragons

HurryUpAndDrink

I like it, I will enjoy it... but I think these 2 last seasons have MANY, MANY flaws

It just shows the directors are great at making film out of a great story, but they cannot write the story.

GRRM is to blame as well for taking ages to finish the last book. Buy a kilo of coke + 100 boxes of wine = Write for 2 years and lose 100 pounds. JFC.

Is not rocket science!

First ... 9101112131415 ... Last