itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Probably the worst season so far. Many of the plots were boring or didn't make sense. Then killed off arguably the biggest protagonist on the show. According to the actor, he's not coming back. So I wouldn't hold your breathe.
    I've been tricked by that game from the Walking Dead cast before...so I'll keep fingers crossed

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Probably the worst season so far. Many of the plots were boring or didn't make sense. Then killed off arguably the biggest protagonist on the show. According to the actor, he's not coming back. So I wouldn't hold your breathe.
    Yeah but what is Kit Harrington supposed to say? He's a professional, I don't think he would just come out and ruin a major spoiler like that. I guess we will see next season!

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I agree it was the worst season, but that still makes it, what, a B+ or A-? Still my favorite current show, so I'll be back. And I've also got two of the five books left to read (everyone who watches the show but hasn't read, just read the books, there's so much more detail to the story, plus it fills in the void between seasons!)...

They sure did leave a lot of cliffhangers... lot of people seem to be assuming Melissandre being at the Wall means she's going to bring Jon back. I mean I hope so, but what are we going on? They didn't even tease anything like that. Best as I can tell is just back in Season 2 with the Brotherhood Without Banners, when Thoros of Myr would bring back Beric Dondarrion and had done it like six times after he got his ass kicked. He was a red priest and Mel is a red priestess, so maybe? But it sure didn't seem that way.

But aside from that, the Sansa/Theon cliffhanger, the did-Stannis-die cliffhanger (since we didn't actually see it? - but I assume yes he did), the Daenerys cliffhanger (I assume that's some other tribe of Dothraki people)...

But yeah, this season could have been better. The Dorne storyline was never given much time to develop and the characters seemed sort of cliche. The Arya storyline was a little confusing and never all that compelling (hope she plays a role in the ultimate showdown though!). Littlefinger, I mean WTF, they never closed that, what is he even doing? They never went back to Margaery and Loras, WTF. I also had a big issue with Cersei's storyline... did anyone else think it didn't make much sense that the Faith Militant were suddenlly THAT POWERFUL to pull off the shit they pulled?!?! Where the fukk was the Lannister army??? How the heck could they allow that to happen to the queen mother, queen Margaery, etc. Pretty strange and those blanks should have been filled in for us better. Perhaps it's spelled out better in the books.

Still enjoyed and watched every ep twice, but def feel it could have been better.
    Points Awarded:

ADR51 gave Capybara 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Jon Snow will be brought back by melisandre, just as Beric Dondarion was brought back by Thoros of Myr( and catelyn stark as lady stoneheart, not in the tv show) the priests and pristesses of r'hallor can bring back people from death.

In the books at the end of the 5th stannis is not dead but stuck between the wall and winterfell, and reek and Arya(in the books is arya not sansa) escape from winterfell by jumping off the wall, so they're not dead.

ADR51

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    I agree it was the worst season, but that still makes it, what, a B+ or A-? Still my favorite current show, so I'll be back. And I've also got two of the five books left to read (everyone who watches the show but hasn't read, just read the books, there's so much more detail to the story, plus it fills in the void between seasons!)...

They sure did leave a lot of cliffhangers... lot of people seem to be assuming Melissandre being at the Wall means she's going to bring Jon back. I mean I hope so, but what are we going on? They didn't even tease anything like that. Best as I can tell is just back in Season 2 with the Brotherhood Without Banners, when Thoros of Myr would bring back Beric Dondarrion and had done it like six times after he got his ass kicked. He was a red priest and Mel is a red priestess, so maybe? But it sure didn't seem that way.

But aside from that, the Sansa/Theon cliffhanger, the did-Stannis-die cliffhanger (since we didn't actually see it? - but I assume yes he did), the Daenerys cliffhanger (I assume that's some other tribe of Dothraki people)...

But yeah, this season could have been better. The Dorne storyline was never given much time to develop and the characters seemed sort of cliche. The Arya storyline was a little confusing and never all that compelling (hope she plays a role in the ultimate showdown though!). Littlefinger, I mean WTF, they never closed that, what is he even doing? They never went back to Margaery and Loras, WTF. I also had a big issue with Cersei's storyline... did anyone else think it didn't make much sense that the Faith Militant were suddenlly THAT POWERFUL to pull off the shit they pulled?!?! Where the fukk was the Lannister army??? How the heck could they allow that to happen to the queen mother, queen Margaery, etc. Pretty strange and those blanks should have been filled in for us better. Perhaps it's spelled out better in the books.

Still enjoyed and watched every ep twice, but def feel it could have been better.
    Keep on reading bud...you are almost there

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Was that Cersei's real body?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Lena Headley is hot. She's also covered with tattoo's. Pretty impressive they removed those.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Lena Headley is hot. She's also covered with tattoo's. Pretty impressive they removed those.
    lol

it was a body double

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30354

Quote Originally Posted by ADR51 View Post
    Jon Snow will be brought back by melisandre, just as Beric Dondarion was brought back by Thoros of Myr( and catelyn stark as lady stoneheart, not in the tv show) the priests and pristesses of r'hallor can bring back people from death.

In the books at the end of the 5th stannis is not dead but stuck between the wall and winterfell, and reek and Arya(in the books is arya not sansa) escape from winterfell by jumping off the wall, so they're not dead.
    Not Arya, it is fake Arya.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    lol

it was a body double
    Duh...haven't had my coffee yet

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

RIP Hodor

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

considering the cheapness of the jon snow death/resurrection I wouldn't be surprised if hordor was alive still like glenn on walking dead.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wanna have a threesome with the dragon momma and Sansa Stark
    Points Awarded:

ADR51 gave TheSideBet 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    considering the cheapness of the jon snow death/resurrection I wouldn't be surprised if hordor was alive still like glenn on walking dead.
    lol u cant compare both deaths.in game of thrones jon snow being resurrected is a important part of the story. In the walking dead it was just a cheap ploy used to get more viewers watching and they way they did it in walking dead was too stupid

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Nice, didn't know this thread was back!

Great episode last night, I need to rewatch it.

Still not sure I think the writing is as good now that none of it is GRRM and it's just written by the two dudes who adapted it. You can tell at times the writing lacks his flair and also that they're adding in some dumb "modern" sort of humor that is very disconnected from the way they all usually would speak. Anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by Capybara; 05-23-16 at 08:54 PM.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    lol u cant compare both deaths.in game of thrones jon snow being resurrected is a important part of the story. In the walking dead it was just a cheap ploy used to get more viewers watching and they way they did it in walking dead was too stupid

killing jon snow as a twist to end a season only to bring him back the following is cheap as hell no matter how you slice it. But, still not as bad as walking dead or even close.

in other news, sansa is pregnant

ADR51

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Not Arya, it is fake Arya.
    Yeah, it's Jayne Poole, niece or daughter to Sir Rodrik,former master at arms of winterfell, if i remember correctly.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    killing jon snow as a twist to end a season only to bring him back the following is cheap as hell no matter how you slice it. But, still not as bad as walking dead or even close.

in other news, sansa is pregnant
    Well they were following the end of book 5 exactly with Jon's murder. How his resurrection or lack thereof (but I assume resurrection) will go in book 6, which is not out yet, remains to be seen.

Lol, Sophie Turner is pregnant or Sansa is? You guessing?

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25689

Well they were following the end of book 5 exactly with Jon's murder. How his resurrection or lack thereof (but I assume resurrection) will go in book 6, which is not out yet, remains to be seen.

Lol, Sophie Turner is pregnant or Sansa is? You guessing?
    There's a theory that Sansa is pregnant with Ramsey's child. She mentioned that she still feels what Ramsey did to her everyday, her lack of appetite and her new dress that she's wearing.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    There's a theory that Sansa is pregnant with Ramsey's child. She mentioned that she still feels what Ramsey did to her everyday, her lack of appetite and her new dress that she's wearing.
    Ahhh, very interesting! I didn't think that's what she meant, but it does make some sense. Hmmm... Can't wait for Sunday!

What are you guys most looking forward to? I can't wait for Arya to break free of being a servant all the time and somehow return to her family in Westeros. Her reuniting with Jon would be the ultimate for me, hope that happens at some point.

brooks85

they should have just left snow dead. Hound is much more interesting.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

What did y'all think of the Battle of the Bastards? Pretty bad-ass episode!

TheSideBet

What did y'all think of the Battle of the Bastards? Pretty bad-ass episode!
    Glad to see Ramsey get his face eaten off. But my issue with the episode was why in the hell did baby brother keep running straight and not doge those long range arrows being fired at him. I mean you can't turn around and see it falling like a fly ball and just move? He deserved to die, wouldn't have survived in that world then.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Glad to see Ramsey get his face eaten off. But my issue with the episode was why in the hell did baby brother keep running straight and not doge those long range arrows being fired at him. I mean you can't turn around and see it falling like a fly ball and just move? He deserved to die, wouldn't have survived in that world then.
    Haha, yeah some people have mentioned that. That didn't bother me, remember that he is just a kid. Younger in the books too I think than that actor is. He could have been thinking just get as far away as fast as I can.

My problem with the episode is Why the hell would Sansa NOT have mentioned to Jon about the Vale knights maybe coming! He might then have stalled the battle and thus countless lives could have been spared. Made no sense to me except to add in the drama of the cavalry coming to the rescue.

Andy117

Haha, yeah some people have mentioned that. That didn't bother me, remember that he is just a kid. Younger in the books too I think than that actor is. He could have been thinking just get as far away as fast as I can.

My problem with the episode is Why the hell would Sansa NOT have mentioned to Jon about the Vale knights maybe coming! He might then have stalled the battle and thus countless lives could have been spared. Made no sense to me except to add in the drama of the cavalry coming to the rescue.
    Littlefinger can't be trusted, maybe she thought he wouldn't show.
    Also if the Knights of the Vale, Ramsey's battle plan would have been different. They may have stayed behind the walls of winterfell.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Game of Thrones the last two seasons =

Girl power x 7, nothing interesting, no plot twists, whatever they say happens, happens

Basically, it's weak. As fukk

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Game of Thrones the last two seasons =

Girl power x 7, nothing interesting, no plot twists, whatever they say happens, happens

Basically, it's weak. As fukk
    I agree that the last two have been the weakest seasons, but I think you're going overboard. Still a great show. The books will always be better though, you should read them if you haven't.

brooks85

awesome episode, makes up for the shitty-let down episode before it.

However, are all the giants dead now?

They won't have a giant vs the white walkers. I was looking forward to that.

also, episode 10 has big shoes to fill now.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Final episode of the season

The scene has been set for next seasons showdown...

TheSideBet

'King' Cersei, the women of Dorn, mother of Dragons, Brienne of Tarth the giant girl knight, Arya 'the assassin' Stark what the hell is this over the top female power trip going on?

Mountain, Braun and the Hound need to step up and put these winches in their medieval places next season.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Fukking amazing ending to the season.Tied up alot of loose ends.The King of the North!!

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

What a season finale! Cersei straight up OWNING... Tommen shocker... Arya revenge... Tyrion recognition... Really well done ep!!
    Last edited by Capybara; 06-27-16 at 03:47 PM.

Andy117

Great season finale, loved the music in the opening scenes in Kings Landing.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Sir gregore put a hurtin on the nun!!

brooks85

I thought winter was coming? The way they drag stuff out reminds me why I hate watching week to week. Also, the way they used gregory was annoying as hell especially with the episode 8 tease. Parade this badass around all season and the most we see is him kill two scrubs and presumably rape a nun.

And now they are already saying season 7 is about cersei and who she is now... it is obvious what is going to happen and I can already imagine how they are going to drag out the dragon queen's story. We will probably get one episode with a battle again at the end of the season.

tommen's death was awfully convenient to fulfill the prophecy from the fortune teller because jumping doesn't make much sense since he was still the king.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-28-16 at 03:43 PM.

First ... 567891011 ... Last