marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Birdman a film about the rapper?

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This game is starting to blow up for the Bills down 10 now in the 4th rubber ... Not looking good... Kyle Orton always did suck..
    Meh. Terrible game. Buffalo is better than that. So conservative on offense. You gotta score occasionally when down there. They settled for fgs. Had a gift fumble towards end to save our cover...right down there...they settle for a fg and miss it anyway.

Im becoming a mush quickly.

For record I like Saints -7 this week..

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

any1 n the betdsi contest? suns undr 202.5

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    any1 n the betdsi contest? suns undr 202.5
    What? You still get betpoints too? Cash them bitches out, they won't last long, and when they kick you out of the program they take any points you accumulated.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Is Birdman a film about the rapper?
    It's a film about all rappers.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Saw Nightcrawler tonight, was good, but not great. Gyllenhall's performance was unnerving, although he reminded me of most autistic poker players that I know. No, huge moments that Oscar is going to love. Probably a favorite to get nominated, but unlikely to win. Film was in the vein of Taxi Driver or Funny Games, but not willing to push all the buttons that it could've. Reminded me of Gone Girl with the hamfisted "message" that was so obvious as to be unnecessary.
    Last edited by NunyaBidness; 11-14-14 at 11:54 PM.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Which one would you watch in the cinema between Fury, Birdman, Interstellar and Nightcrawler? Have some free tickets i have to burn off. I'm thinking Interstellar. Fury seems to lent it self well to the big screen as well though.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Scoped this film last night, and I recommend it highly:

Thought I'd post it here, as I know you are a fan. Had the pleasure of seeing the Bad Seeds back in June for the first time. The film is a tad bit indulgent, but otherwise absolutely excellent.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Which one would you watch in the cinema between Fury, Birdman, Interstellar and Nightcrawler? Have some free tickets i have to burn off. I'm thinking Interstellar. Fury seems to lent it self well to the big screen as well though.
    Haven't seen Fury yet, But I rate Birdman as the best film of the year so far, and I thought Interstellar was pretty stupid.

If 90% of the dialogue was removed from Interstellar I feel like it could be a great film. Without spoiling too much, there are definite similarities between Interstellar and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Now imagine if 2001 involved the characters explaining the whats and whys of what was going on at every possible turn. That is Interstellar.
    Last edited by NunyaBidness; 11-14-14 at 11:57 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Scoped this film last night, and I recommend it highly:

Thought I'd post it here, as I know you are a fan. Had the pleasure of seeing the Bad Seeds back in June for the first time. The film is a tad bit indulgent, but otherwise absolutely excellent.
    Saw this last month at the local arthouse theatre, enjoyed it quite a bit. Cave is so full of himself, but he probably has the right to be.

He also was just on Austin City Limits last week, pretty good if you can find it online.

I've seen him 3 times live now and he seems to do pretty much the same set every time, which is disappointing. I really never need to hear Stagger Lee, Mercy Seat, or Red Right Hand again, wish he'd do some deep cuts, occasionally.

Last show we were in the very front row, he engages with the audience more than any artist I've ever seen.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Saw this last month at the local arthouse theatre, enjoyed it quite a bit. Cave is so full of himself, but he probably has the right to be.

He also was just on Austin City Limits last week, pretty good if you can find it online.

I've seen him 3 times live now and he seems to do pretty much the same set every time, which is disappointing. I really never need to hear Stagger Lee, Mercy Seat, or Red Right Hand again, wish he'd do some deep cuts, occasionally.

Last show we were in the very front row, he engages with the audience more than any artist I've ever seen.
    I was about 3 rows back from the front, extremely engaging. I'm assuming you saw him on the end of the same tour I caught him on the beginning of. He played all the staples, about half of his last album, only deep cuts we got were "Tupelo" and "From Her To Eternity". Still an absolutely amazing show, the energy that this guy exudes is ridiculous.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    I was about 3 rows back from the front, extremely engaging. I'm assuming you saw him on the end of the same tour I caught him on the beginning of. He played all the staples, about half of his last album, only deep cuts we got were "Tupelo" and "From Her To Eternity". Still an absolutely amazing show, the energy that this guy exudes is ridiculous.
    He ALWAYS plays Tupelo and From Her to Eternity. Let me guess, he also played, Jubilee Street, Push the Sky Away, Love Letter, We Real Cool, and Mermaids.

Disappointing when artists do this. Saw Springsteen at Bonnaroo a few years back and he played for like 2 1/2 hours and basically played every song I didn't want to hear and nothing I wanted to hear. I mean seriously, no time for Ghost of Tom Joad, but you're going to play Santa Claus is coming to town? In August?
    Last edited by NunyaBidness; 11-15-14 at 12:09 AM.

Sacrelicious

He ALWAYS plays Tupelo and From Her to Eternity. Let me guess, he also played, Jubilee Street, Push the Sky Away, Love Letter, We Real Cool, and Mermaids.

Disappointing when artists do this. Saw Springsteen at Bonnaroo a few years back and he played for like 2 1/2 hours and basically played every song I didn't want to hear and nothing I wanted to hear. I mean seriously, no time for Ghost of Tom Joad, but you're going to play Santa Claus is coming to town? In August?
    Didn't get We Real Cool, but got the rest of them, for sure. That being said, Jubilee Street is one of my favorite nick cave songs.

Trying to think back and remember all the songs, we got West Country Girl, Do You Love Me, Into My Arms, Let Love In, Red Right Hand...

Still an amazing show though. Ghost of Tom Joad is my favorite Bruce song, I also have an extreme soft spot for the RATM cover:

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Nightcrawler for me

marzwoody

I haven't seen a good film in so long and none of these films even interest me in the slightest.

Interstellar maybe.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12134

If we are talking about movies, I'm excited about the movie "The six billion dollar man".. It's in the making now.. Mark Walberg is the bionic man... http://deadline.com/2014/11/mark-wah...rg-1201274727/

Big fan of the original series.. Most of you guys are too young to have seen the tv series but it was way ahead of it's time..

No new trailer yet but the old one still works.. Lol..

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    If we are talking about movies, I'm excited about the movie "The six billion dollar man".. It's in the making now.. Mark Walberg is the bionic man... http://deadline.com/2014/11/mark-wah...rg-1201274727/

Big fan of the original series.. Most of you guys are too young to have seen the tv series but it was way ahead of it's time..

No new trailer yet but the old one still works.. Lol..
    We watch art around here, not action films.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Nightcrawler for me
    I think you got a crush on Jay Gilly tho.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I don't know if you give a shit about chess, Nunya, but Magnus Carlsen just made a colossal blunder, then got re-colossal-blundered by Anand in their world championship match. What is this, WSOP?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I don't know if you give a shit about chess, Nunya, but Magnus Carlsen just made a colossal blunder, then got re-colossal-blundered by Anand in their world championship match. What is this, WSOP?
    Yeah, I've got money on Draw and Carlsen for the match. Carlsen bet looking bad at this point.

marzwoody

Last good film i saw was starred up. highly recommend.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Yeah, I've got money on Draw and Carlsen for the match. Carlsen bet looking bad at this point.
    fock nunya, i thought we were betting on magnus samuelsson

MD

What was the closer for Carlsen?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What was the closer for Carlsen?
    -400 for the whole match.

Game line last night was -195 draw, -170 Carlsen, +.5 -205 Anand. IIRC

Anand didn't win a single game last time they played.

MD

-400 for the whole match.

Game line last night was -195 draw, -170 Carlsen, +.5 -205 Anand. IIRC

Anand didn't win a single game last time they played.
    Carlsen's game is getting figured out, though. It's almost impossible to take advantage from him late, but his freeform opening play allows, potentially, the opportunity to take advantage early and then refuse to cede it late. Harder than it sounds because of his flawless endgame, and I expect Carlsen to readjust as he always does, though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Last good film i saw was starred up. highly recommend.
    Seen it. Pretty good

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think you got a crush on Jay Gilly tho.
    This is true. Also have one for edward norton, joseph gordon levitt, and mark ruffalo tho

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    This is true. Also have one for edward norton, joseph gordon levitt, and mark ruffalo tho
    Arrogant dark haired white guys are your thing then?

Are bean dip hands a dealbreaker?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Lol hmm does seem tht way doesnt it!

seymour-hoffman should be on the list as well actually

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Haven't seen Fury yet, But I rate Birdman as the best film of the year so far, and I thought Interstellar was pretty stupid.

If 90% of the dialogue was removed from Interstellar I feel like it could be a great film. Without spoiling too much, there are definite similarities between Interstellar and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Now imagine if 2001 involved the characters explaining the whats and whys of what was going on at every possible turn. That is Interstellar.
    I despise movies who do that. Talk down to the audience, that's the worst think that can happen in cinema. Sounds like it is one to miss in that case. I was thinking mostly due to the effect work it might be worth checking out on the big screen.

Might have to go with Nightcrawler, sounds interesting. Helps that Taxi Driver is one of my favorite films ever. V reconnemds it too i see.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Most of the Oscar Buzz films haven't been released in my neck of the woods, yet. A lot of the times I have to catch screeners before theatrical release. Only semi-award buzz film I've seen so far is St. Vincent, which was good, but isn't going to pick up anything. And of course Gone Girl.
    Just watched St. Vincent, superb film!

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Redwings u5.5 -155 for the contest.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes going haywire for anyone else?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12134

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    5Dimes going haywire for anyone else?
    No problems on my end...

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Have a Packers NE tease. Well open tease, I don't even have the NE line yet.

GB teased to PK. NE assune to +8.5 or +9

First ... 82838485868788 ... Last