Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

This is why every year the right wingers pull out the "gun card" cause as u can see how the idiots in here will fall for it over and over again. Nobody is taking ur guns but just mention someone might they go into a frenzy and fall for it all over again. You have to hand it to rightwing politicians. They own the market of nitwits.
    Points Awarded:

golfrulz gave Thor4140 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: golfrulz, and ACoochy

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    You describe Americans from all walks of life, not just liberals.
    All Americans?

I'm not so sure. Hatred for most people is not the result of fear, but experience.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 04-02-12 at 11:23 AM.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    This is why every year the right wingers pull out the "gun card" cause as u can see how the idiots in here will fall for it over and over again. Nobody is taking ur guns but just mention someone might they go into a frenzy and fall for it all over again. You have to hand it to rightwing politicians. They own the market of nitwits.
    Um,

no one would ever talk about guns if people didn't start talking about how we need to ban guns. There is no thread here about guns without JJ making comments about banning guns.

No gun owner would ever get upset about this issue if it wasn't for influential people making anti-gun comments. Gun owners feel under attack not only from the media (V.Tech, Tuscon), Hollywood, and lesbians, but the Presidency (IE: "clinging to their guns and religion"), the atty general ("We need to brainwash them against guns") and scores of others in academia and government.

There have been numerous cases all over this country where they have tried to restrict firearm ownership. Have you not read about the cases in Chicago, San Francisco, New York, and Washington D.C.? They have all tried to ban their citizens from having guns for self-defense. They ARE trying to take away guns. Just because they haven't been successful yet doesn't mean they might not one day in the future. Gun owners flip out for the same reason the US Supreme Court just flipped out on the solicitor general's argument for Obamacare, when large groups of credentialed people start suggesting, earnestly, that these type of blatantly unconstitutional actions are justified, then there is no other reaction than to flip out and say, "Wait, what? Are you fukking kidding me?"

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

the whole 'if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have them' is an invalid argument, probably instilled into the mind of simple people by the gun lobby

yes no matter what the legal status of gun ownership is, criminals will have guns, and there will always be crime. Crime will not decrease just because you put guns in the hands of ordinary people, instead, you get incidents like:

Columbine Highschool Massacre
    Treyvon Martin Shooting
    David James getting shot infront of his 8 year old daughter by neighbour
    University of Texas Clock Tower Shootings
    Virginia Tech Massacre

etc...

you need a gun to protect your house? In my experience, burglars break into homes when NOONE is home and they usually never carry guns, why would a burglar need a gun? to hold up the toaster? the truth is there is almost no chance of an armed burglar breaking in while you are home. All these excuses are just that, excuses for trigger happy people.

And the fact that guns are legally manufactured and sold makes it easy for criminals to obtain them, this is from wikipedia:

-Juveniles most often acquire guns from family, friends, and street contacts.
    -A report by the ATF released in 1999, found that 0.4% of federally-licensed dealers sold half of the guns used criminally in 1996 and 1997.
    -An estimated 500,000 guns are also stolen each year, allowing them to get into the hands of prohibited users.
    -Unlicensed private sellers are permitted by law to sell privately-owned guns at gun shows, or at private locations.

I rest my case
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 04-02-12 at 12:23 PM.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    the whole 'if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have them' is an invalid argument, probably instilled into the mind of simple people by the gun lobby

yes no matter what the legal status of gun ownership is, criminals will have guns, and there will always be crime. Crime will not decrease just because you put guns in the hands of ordinary people, instead, you get incidents like:

Treyvon Martin Shooting
    Virginia Tech Massacre

etc...

you need a gun to protect your house? In my experience, burglars break into homes when NOONE is home and they usually never carry guns, why would a burglar need a gun? to hold up the toaster? the truth is there is almost no chance of an armed burglar breaking in while you are home. All these excuses are just that, excuses for trigger happy people.

And the fact that guns are legally manufactured and sold makes it easy for criminals to obtain them, this is from wikipedia:

-Juveniles most often acquire guns from family, friends, and street contacts.
    -A report by the ATF released in 1999, found that 0.4% of federally-licensed dealers sold half of the guns used criminally in 1996 and 1997.
    -An estimated 500,000 guns are also stolen each year, allowing them to get into the hands of prohibited users.
    -Unlicensed private sellers are permitted by law to sell privately-owned guns at gun shows, or at private locations.

I rest my case
    So you don't think there would be more armed robberies if criminals knew that no one would have a gun? You're at least a little bit wrong because they would obviously go up... it would be nice to know for a robber that they won't get shot by a citizen when they're trying to steal something. It is a constitutional right, why should it disappear?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

^ most stupidest post of the day by SportsMushroom
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wtf

SportsMushroom

I would never live in a country were anyone that passes me by could potentially have a gun. I dont care if you think you are responsibly, most psychos think that. Most people are pieces of shits and I do not want to live in a country that allows every piece of shit to own a gun. Its like that wacko zimmerman, saw a guy in the street, didnt like his face and shot him dead. Or the guy in the david james case, he started a fight, assaulted a guy and when he realised he was losing he pulled a gun and shot him. Neither of them will go to jail because of self defence. Land of the free my ass more like 'land of could get shot on any given day by a psycho who has a constitutional right to carry a gun and will not go to jail because it was self defence'

PickWinnerAllDay

I would never live in a country were anyone that passes me by could potentially have a gun. I dont care if you think you are responsibly, most psychos think that. Most people are pieces of shits and I do not want to live in a country that allows every piece of shit to own a gun. Its like that wacko zimmerman, saw a guy in the street, didnt like his face and shot him dead. Or the guy in the david james case, he started a fight, assaulted a guy and when he realised he was losing he pulled a gun and shot him. Neither of them will go to jail because of self defence. Land of the free my ass more like 'land of could get shot on any given day by a psycho who has a constitutional right to carry a gun and will not go to jail because it was self defence'
    Chicago made it extremely hard to get a gun. Now look at their violent crime and murder rate.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave PickWinnerAllDay 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    So you don't think there would be more armed robberies if criminals knew that no one would have a gun? You're at least a little bit wrong because they would obviously go up... it would be nice to know for a robber that they won't get shot by a citizen when they're trying to steal something. It is a constitutional right, why should it disappear?
    it was a constitutional right 250 years ago, now there is a police force and an army, there is no need for everyone to be carrying a gun around

people hiding behind the constitution to protect their right to have a gun, but did not protest the passing of the patriot act that suspends all sorts of other, more important, constitutional rights are either hipocrites or stupid, but most likely both
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 04-02-12 at 12:39 PM.

SportsMushroom

Chicago made it extremely hard to get a gun. Now look at their violent crime and murder rate.

the US has a higher murder rate than europe where gun ownership is illegal

I win

PickWinnerAllDay

it was a constitutional right 250 years ago, now there is a police force and an army, there is no need for everyone to be carrying a gun around
    Yeah, this country has a great history of doing very well when they take away things they aren't supposed to...

PickWinnerAllDay

the US has a higher murder rate than europe where gun ownership is illegal

I win
    So all of Europe? huh?

paco

people hiding behind the constitution to protect their right to have a gun, but did not protest the passing of the patriot act that suspends all sorts of other, more important, constitutional rights are either hipocrites or stupid, but most likely both
    yea, the police is always right around the corner when someone is being attacked, mugged, raped, right?

paco

There have been 4 thugs shot and killed in the past month here in Detroit cuz they were trying to rob people , without cpl's, those innocent people and there kids likely woulda been killed. But only the bad guys were killed and made society a safer place.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    yea, the police is always right around the corner when someone is being attacked, mugged, raped, right?
    The only thing the police are always there for is speeding. I can't go 80 in a 70 without a cop around, they sure are reliable on that. But if my friends are getting car jacked in the bad part of town God knows a cop isn't within 5 miles.

paco

The only thing the police are always there for is speeding. I can't go 80 in a 70 without a cop around, they sure are reliable on that. But if my friends are getting car jacked in the bad part of town God knows a cop isn't within 5 miles.
    That's cuz they are at the Dunkin Donuts.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    In 2006 I got attacked/mugged, I came out unharmed because neither me nor my attacker had access to a gun

Id rather run the risk of getting mugged/attacked, were I actually stand a chance to defend myself, rather than risk getting shot dead for no reason by an 'upstanding' citizen that wanted to 'exersize' his constitutional right ala treyvon martyn or david james

and as long as every idiot is allowed to shoot a gun and face no concequences by claiming self defence, there will be a treyvon martin and a david james dieing every second

The Madcap

typical liberal metro-centric bullshit. This is exactly why people like us hate your foreign stinking guts.

How far away do you live from the nearest hospital? 5-10 minutes?

How far away is the nearest police station or patrol car? 3-4 minutes?

There are at least 50,000,000 people in our country living in small towns and rural areas where the nearest police station might be 30 minutes away. The nearest hospital might be 45. That's a long damn time to wait for an ambulance. It's a long damn time for a guy to commit a crime and get the hell out of town. It changes your perspective. You're more isolated. You're more alone. You're basically, on your own. You have to be able to defend/protect yourself, because there won't be a police officer to stop anyone. The paramedics are not right around the corner. Sure the threat and rate of crime is less in these small towns than in big cities, but there's a reason for that---everyone in a small town has a fukking gun.

You don't want guns in your country? COOL. No worries here. I don't care. That's YOUR business. You live there. This is OUR business. So why don't you shut the fuk up about it and take your oblivious self-absorbed rooster-sukking bullshit somewhere else you commie fukking fairy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paco

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

You guys are still talking about guns..

Guns are not going away..

Since obama the liberal came in, there has been a shitload of guns sold..

Lets calm down.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Let's take away everyone's guns...

Let's evenly distribute the wealth...

Let's make the world one big happy Nation...

Don't you know that people are perfect, we live in a perfect world, what is wrong with these flawed humans that think these perfect plans won't work. I'm gonna carry on with my perfect day...

Good Luck with your bets, oh wait, we live in a perfect world where everyone wins their bets...Sorry

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

some nutjob unloaded on a bunch of medical college students killed a few and they still have not caught him yet and what is msnbc talking about? trayvon martin, I know liberals are extremely thin minded but this is ridic now.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Asian guy is suspect he was a student also, he opened fire in class shot the person in front of him execution style went on to kill a few others, he is still on the loose and msnbc was talking about 60% of latinos find blacks threatning, then the guy mentions the school shooting for 2 seconds and says we will keep you posted

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    typical liberal metro-centric bullshit. This is exactly why people like us hate your foreign stinking guts.

How far away do you live from the nearest hospital? 5-10 minutes?

How far away is the nearest police station or patrol car? 3-4 minutes?

There are at least 50,000,000 people in our country living in small towns and rural areas where the nearest police station might be 30 minutes away. The nearest hospital might be 45. That's a long damn time to wait for an ambulance. It's a long damn time for a guy to commit a crime and get the hell out of town. It changes your perspective. You're more isolated. You're more alone. You're basically, on your own. You have to be able to defend/protect yourself, because there won't be a police officer to stop anyone. The paramedics are not right around the corner. Sure the threat and rate of crime is less in these small towns than in big cities, but there's a reason for that---everyone in a small town has a fukking gun.

You don't want guns in your country? COOL. No worries here. I don't care. That's YOUR business. You live there. This is OUR business. So why don't you shut the fuk up about it and take your oblivious self-absorbed rooster-sukking bullshit somewhere else you commie fukking fairy.

you can justify it any way you want but allowing irresponsible people to own a gun is why thousands of innocent people die every year

Im glad I live in a country were people like you and paco are not allowed to own weapons, makes me feel a lot safer when I am in a classroom or an office and know that there are no guns in the room, and I feel safe that when I am playing basketball the douchebag neighbor wont come out and shoot me because he doesnt like skateboards near his house

and Im supposed to trust that you or anyone else for that matter is going to only have the gun for personal protection? giving that much power to people is not good, humans cannot handle power well, add to that the fact that the law gives an excuse to people like you to shoot anyone they want and then claim self defence makes a horrible situation worse

you think that the fact that there is an NRA lobby is a coincidence? there are many US citizens that dont like the gun laws, probably the majority, which is why the nra needs to lobby and bribe to make sure the laws dont change

so the right to own a gun may be constitutional, but it is definitely not democratic, since most americans dont agree with it
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 04-02-12 at 03:22 PM.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

you can justify it any way you want but allowing irresponsible people to own a gun is why thousands of innocent people die every year

Im glad I live in a country were people like you and paco are not allowed to own weapons, makes me feel a lot safer when I am in a classroom or an office and know that there are no guns in the room, and I feel safe that when I am playing basketball the douchebag neighbor wont come out and shoot me because he doesnt like skateboards near his house

and Im supposed to trust that you or anyone else for that matter is going to only have the gun for personal protection? giving that much power to people is not good, humans cannot handle power well, add to that the fact that the law gives an excuse to people like you to shoot anyone they want and then claim self defence makes a horrible situation worse

you think that the fact that there is an NRA lobby is a coincidence? there are many US citizens that dont like the gun laws, probably the majority, which is why the nra needs to lobby and bribe to make sure the laws dont change

so the right to own a gun may be constitutional, but it is definitely not democratic, since most americans dont agree with it
    are you just making shit up? 47% of US citizens actually own a gun not to mention those who may agree with the gun laws but do not happen to own a gun plus your sighting Wikipedia as your reference?

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Treyvon Martin Shooting
    Virginia Tech Massacre

tragic events but guns also save lives examples

1 http://statter911.com/2009/11/15/flo...april-inciden/
    2 http://chuckpalahniuk.net/forum/1000...is-life-others

and UK where guns are banned is free of all this gun violence right? NO example Cumbria shootings 12 dead 11 injured

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    are you just making shit up? 47% of US citizens actually own a gun not to mention those who may agree with the gun laws but do not happen to own a gun plus your sighting Wikipedia as your reference?
    I dont rely on wikipedia or any person/corporation, I form my own opinions, and the fact that the gun lobby is one of the biggest and most active tells me that there is a lot of opposition and pressure to ban guns and the nra is trying to hold on to its golden goose

also If 47% of people have guns then who in there right mind would want to live in a country were every other person that walks by you may be carrying a concealed gun, that is depressing

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Treyvon Martin Shooting
    Virginia Tech Massacre

tragic events but guns also save lives examples

1 http://statter911.com/2009/11/15/flo...april-inciden/
    2 http://chuckpalahniuk.net/forum/1000...is-life-others

and UK where guns are banned is free of all this gun violence right? NO example Cumbria shootings 12 dead 11 injured
    you are not exactly proving your point

1. the attacker was not armed, it was hand to hand combat. It was two officers trained in defensive combat, most likely carrying tazzers and batons vs one unarmed civilian. they could have overpowered the guy but chose to end a life because the constitution provides them such privileges. if anything this proves my point, not yours

2. and were do you suppose the two assailants got the weapons from? 99% they were using firearms legally manufactured and obtained within the united states, again you site a case that makes my point and not yours, most people are not responsible or sane, if you put a weapon in their hands they are likely to use it for the wrong reason. If guns were not available to the average joe this would have never happened

and you mention the cumbria shooting, you know why you mention the cumbria shooting? because it was a rare occasion

in the UK (which has a lot more crime than any other european nation) there have only been two shootings in the last 200 years, the cumbria one in 2010 and one in 1987

in the US on the other hand in just ONE year:

2012 Ingleside mass murder
    2011 Seal Beach massacre
    2011 Grand Rapids, Michigan mass murder
    2011 Tucson shooting
    2011 Cupertino quarry massacre

not to mention all the reported 'self defence' cases were the killer says it was in self defence and the police cant do anything about it, because its almost impossible to prove intent

Thank you, I'm here all week
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 04-02-12 at 04:30 PM.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Nice Point there Mushroomer....

Just think guys all those innocent victims of gun violence died so that u could have the right to bear arms...Hope ur selfishness was worth those lifes...

Another gunman in California opens fire in a private christian college killing 3 and wounding half a dozen....

Yet another reason y ur country will always take 1 step forward and 4 steps back when it comes to social progression...

Its the bad apples of the NRA that are drowning out the overwhelming support to ban guns thats the real problem here...
    Points Awarded:

SportsMushroom gave ACoochy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

SportsMushroom

oh the tragic coincidences in life

just as soon as I finished my last post, I press on Firefox Latest Headlines button and the first news report is this

Deaths in US university shooting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17590859

SportsMushroom

February 2010: A University of Alabama professor, Amy Bishop, opens fire at a faculty meeting, killing three colleagues and wounding three others
    February 2008: Former graduate student Steven Kazmierczak kills five students, wounds 16 at Northern Illinois University and kills himself
    April 2007: Seung-Hui Cho kills more than 30 people in a dorm and a classroom at Virginia Tech, before turning the gun on himself
    April 1999: Two students kill 12 others and a teacher and wound more than 20 before killing themselves at Columbine High School

Im pretty sure the killers in all these cases were on a forum somewhere posting 'it is my constitutional right to bear arms' before doing the shit that they did

ACoochy

Shroomer, its now 6 confirmed dead and 3 injured...

Im sure the Lord told him they all deserved it though. After all, y would god invent the firearm if he didnt want them to harm citizens to harm and mame eachother??

Fukkin caucasian terrorists

PickWinnerAllDay

This argument is pointless. If someone has gone crazy and wants to kill fellow students or fellow co-workers, they will either find a gun or make a bomb or stab them.

You can't save people from random acts of senseless violence. It is going to happen.

Making it harder to find a gun might delay the tragic shooting from Monday to Wednesday... do you guys really think someone who is crazy enough to kill a ton of people is going to calm down and go to the gym to cool down if they don't have a gun and then they are perfectly okay?

SportsMushroom

This argument is pointless. If someone has gone crazy and wants to kill fellow students or fellow co-workers, they will either find a gun or make a bomb or stab them.

You can't save people from random acts of senseless violence. It is going to happen.

Making it harder to find a gun might delay the tragic shooting from Monday to Wednesday... do you guys really think someone who is crazy enough to kill a ton of people is going to calm down and go to the gym to cool down if they don't have a gun and then they are perfectly okay?
    wow just wow, I am sure the families of the victims of shootings will agree with you, it was inevitable it was all gods will there was nothing we could do about it

complete nonsense

obtaining a gun or a bomb is difficult to impossible for ordinary people, at least in countries that it is illegal to do so

to give everyone a gun means to give every person the opportunity to act on their impulses, even the sanest and most responsible of people find themselves in instances of rage or despair and instead of punching or stabbing someone you are giving them the option to empty a magazine in a room full of people
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave SportsMushroom 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ACoochy

Body Count up to 7 now.

All this bloodshed from a welloff conservative christian. Guy mustve been a junkie right??

And to think this couldve been avoided had access to firearms been made more difficult. No way the guy would have killed 7 had he had a knife..

paco

Non- Americans are against Guns cuz they can't have 1

Hate the playa, (in this case the shooter), not the game

First ... 234567 Last