Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

and some ninja stars .. anybody ever try those?

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    A woman who tries to reach for a gun will most likely be shot and killed instead of just being raped. The attacker always has an advantage. There's always a chance she might win.......lottery on your life.

You take the walking down the street example too literally, anywhere you are in life, someone can shoot you before you even know wtf happened. No one cares what weapon you have on you because it won't matter. Do you not understand that?

Everyone on the internet thinks they are Rambo or something. Yup you'll stop every crime that is happening in front of you, you'll never miss, the bad guys have no chance.

When criminals shoot other criminals, when gangs fight other gangs, why are they not "hesitant"? They know all these people carry guns, they know they will be firing back, why does this continue? All these gangs are armed, no one should be attacking them right, they should never be dying right?

These threads are comedy. At this point, whatever laws you change or don't change won't matter because the society is already created. If you ban guns, crime will go on, if you give everyone a gun to protect themselves, crime will go on. Have fun.
    I never said my solution would solve crime completely -- but I think it would be more effective than the gun restrictions.

You make a grave error in your argument with the street example. In my example, someone who randomly attacks me from behind and kills me, will get killed/(citizen's) arrested by the guy watching, since 50% of people have guns and most people are good. If you rely on the police only, these people can get away.

In your words, "do you not understand that?"

But that was just the beginning of your flawed logic. You also forget that most criminals aren't going around and shooting people in the back for no reason. He'd probably be trying to get my money or something. You know, something that benefits him. In the time it takes him to do that, a bystander can easily defend me. Since, you know.. they're there. And the police aren't.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    A woman who tries to reach for a gun will most likely be shot and killed instead of just being raped.

No one cares what weapon you have on you because it won't matter. Do you not understand that?

Yup you'll stop every crime that is happening in front of you, you'll never miss, the bad guys have no chance.

When criminals shoot other criminals, when gangs fight other gangs, why are they not "hesitant"?

These threads are comedy.
    With all due respect to you as a poster, but you sir are a fuckkin idiot. Do you have any evidence to support what youre saying, or do you make it up as you go along. What are you arguing, that because of your facts (let assume they're true) these people are better off not armed? Have you ever seen a female shooter before? Do you not know anything about situational awareness? You have not a clue what you are talking about. Go have a cup of coffee and then come back and read your statements.
    Last edited by Extra Innings; 03-31-12 at 08:30 AM.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6729

fuk dat. where i go on a regular basis i NEED to carry my .45 (fully licenced/permitted by my state)
    the knife is a lil too close for comfort and id really have a hard time drawing back a bow when mr. strung out crackhead decides im a threat to the "pad" he's crashed out in. im actually looking forward to making a ragged hole in someone who threatens my life...in a house they dont belong in.

i realize this is probably WAAAY beyond anyones attention span reading this but well worth the watch.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/pet...ose_a_gun.html

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

banning guns is a bad idea for a few reasons but the biggest thing it would accomplish is a huge black market.

It would be no different than prohibition.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Come and get 'em!

Thanks Extra, I had to replace my keyboard due to excessive drooling from this pic.
    Points Awarded:

Extra Innings gave samdapatriotsfan 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Guns aren't going anywhere. I don't think non-military people need to have fully automatic machine guns but what are you gonna do? Curious to know how many of our gun toters here have ever been shot. It is not fun.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Once you allow them it's too late to take them away. If you take guns away then only criminals have them. This would not be a good situation.

CrazyCarl

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    banning guns is a bad idea for a few reasons but the biggest thing it would accomplish is a huge black market.

It would be no different than prohibition.
    This guy has the right idea.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    I found some links, but they all conflict.

From what I found, anywhere from between 15-33% of Canadians own a gun, and anywhere from 20-40% of Americans own guns. This suggests a higher rate for US ownership, however, there were several stories indicating that gun ownership in the US has "skyrocketed" in the last 3 years since Obama got elected. Unfortunately these articles did not reveal from what levels gun ownership "skyrocketed." Go figure.

All I can tell you is that in college I did a stats project on gun ownership, and at the time (probably between 2000-2002) Canadians were shown to have significantly more guns per person and higher rates of ownership. But I seem to recall our source did not include law enforcement or military personnel, which could be a main reason why the Canadian totals were higher.

But anyway, according to quick internet fishing, it would seem your suspicions are correct and mine are no longer valid. Interesting what one man's election can do isn't it?
    just was working on simmilar stats in class recently i know current numbers have guns in us at around 91 per 100 citizens cant remember canidas numbers we were looking at the whole world interesting note in switserland i think it is where military service is manditory and all men are requierd to own a gun the number is at 45 per 100

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

what a stupid fukkin thread. don't own a gun yet but seriously considering it.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Don't change anything or ban all guns and impose a 20 year sentence if you are found with one/life sentence if you commit a crime with a gun.......Problem solved

badhunter
    badhunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Yeah ban guns from law-abiding citizens then the only people left with guns are gang bangers, crack addicts and thugs. That's real smart. Good luck when some punk breaks into your house, whacked out on crack or meth, and you wake up defenseless and end up dead. Me? I'll blow his ass away with one of my 50-something weapons and live happily ever after.
    Points Awarded:

paranoyd androyd gave badhunter 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings, and jarvol

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Don't change anything or ban all guns and impose a 20 year sentence if you are found with one/life sentence if you commit a crime with a gun.......Problem solved

It costs $50k-$80k/year to keep someone in prison. The first politician who tried to enact such a law would be run out of office. Even if it were to pass, the justice system would collapse as there are millions of people who would refuse to comply with an unconstitutional law. It'd be like the drug war x100.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by badhunter View Post
    Yeah ban guns from law-abiding citizens then the only people left with guns are gang bangers, crack addicts and thugs. That's real smart. Good luck when some punk breaks into your house, whacked out on crack or meth, and you wake up defenseless and end up dead. Me? I'll blow his ass away with one of my 50-something weapons and live happily ever after.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by badhunter View Post
    Put the crack pipe down son...Ur fukkin deluded...

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2271

EI, next time your in CA I have a few weapons I would like to show you. We are going to have fun at the range. I have three different Tar 21's, you are going to love what my machine guy did to one of them.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Extra Innings, and jjgold

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    It costs $50k-$80k/year to keep someone in prison. The first politician who tried to enact such a law would be run out of office. Even if it were to pass, the justice system would collapse as there are millions of people who would refuse to comply with an unconstitutional law. It'd be like the drug war x100.
    If they are that worried about the cost of keeping people in prison, explain all the non violent drug offenders locked up

CrazyCarl

If they are that worried about the cost of keeping people in prison, explain all the non violent drug offenders locked up
    People are starting to wake up about this, as well.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    People are starting to wake up about this, as well.
    Yeah Ron Paul and no one wants to listen or vote him in

CrazyCarl

Yeah Ron Paul and no one wants to listen or vote him in
    Marijuana will probably be legal within a couple of decades. People have been waking up about it for quite awhile even before Ron Paul's popularity spiked in 2008. He just sped up the process.

Extra Innings

Paco, with all due respect, I hope your gun handling skills have improved (you realized you pointed this gun several times at your head without knowing whether it was loaded). You indeed, are fuckkin crazy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paco, with all due respect, I hope your gun handling skills have improved (you realized you pointed this gun several times at your head without knowing whether it was loaded). You indeed, are fuckkin crazy.

that had to be post of the week

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Thankfully this thread is in Players Talk, where it belongs, which is only about sports gambling, which also has A LOT to do with guns.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

paco

the gun was NOT loaded and I explained in the vid that IF it was one in the hole, the slot above woulda been raised. Just makes this firearm that much better

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    the gun was NOT loaded and I explained in the vid that IF it was one in the hole, the slot above woulda been raised. Just makes this firearm that much better
    I'm well aware of chamber indicators, I have one on my M3, Sr9c, and Sr40c. You always treat a weapon as though it's loaded...a lot of behavior occurs on an unconscious level (muscle memory), if you handle it like that on a conscious level it will inevitably come back to haunt you. What I am trying to say here is to gun handling practices as getting the best number is to sports gambling...

If that doesn't sit well with you, would you handle the gun like that in front of your daughter?
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Extra Innings 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

It was not my intention to get this thread moved.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Well u should give a fukk. Almost anything that helps save lives is a good thing and contributes towards the greater good, right??
    Haha ur inferring im a coward yet u feel the need to hide behind a piece of metal that u believe will protect you
    Keep it up stooge, ur emotions deliver style but nothing of substance...
    I don't hide behind my gun. I actually prefer hand to hand combat. It's more personal. It's a better vehicle to unleash rage, punishment, and deliver righteous pain. Guns just deliver death.

And yes, you are a coward. Here, I'll prove it to you.....

You liberals say "we fear what we do not understand." And "hatred is the result of fear." So basically, we hate and fear things we don't understand, things that are new to us, things that we have no experience with.

I take it you know how to drive a car. And like most people, I take it that when you get in your car to drive to the supermarket your hands are not trembling in fear of dying in an automobile wreck. This is because you know how to drive. You've ridden in a car your whole life. You've been around cars your whole life. Everyone you know drives a car or rides in one regularly. It's been a normal everyday part of your existence for decades. And so you have no reason to fear it, because, there's never been anything personally scary about it. Even if in the abstract it's known so many people die in car accidents, you aren't afraid. Because as often as people drive, car wrecks are rare. You probably don't really know anyone who's been killed in a car wreck that well. A friend of a friend. A distant relative. Whatever.

Point is, cars do not scare you. And cars do not scare you because you know how to operate them. You know how they function and what they can and can't do. And you know how most other people use their cars and what to expect. You have experience with automobiles.

Then take guns. You don't own a gun. You don't have friends that own guns. You don't know anyone who owns and operates a firearm on a regular basis. Unlike cars, you have no experience with firearms, and you fear what you don't understand. You, are a coward.

See, in America, lots of people own guns. We grew up around guns. We were trained how to use them at an early age. We were taught to respect them and their potential dangers. Much like we were taught how to drive. We are no more afraid of guns and gun owners than we are of cars and other drivers. But you are, because while people drive in your country, they don't own guns. And that ignorance breeds your fear and hatred.

Look at it this way, despite all the guns in this country, we know fewer victims of gun violence than car wrecks. But nobody is afraid to get behind the wheel when they drive to the mall. Me personally, not only have I never known a person that was wrongfully killed by another hand's with a gun, I have never even met anyone that's known someone that was killed by a gun. Oh I read about the tragic stories in the paper, but I do not actually have a personal relationship with these individuals. That's how rare it is. Meanwhile, I've personally known 2-3 people who have been killed in car wrecks. And again, no one is afraid to drive.

You are afraid of guns because you have no experience with them. YOU are ignorant with regards to firearms. And that's fine man. Just have the balls to admit it. Have the balls to admit, "hey, guns scare me, they just do, they make me cower a little bit in fear." And then, you will have developed the courage to admit to yourself what we already know, that you are a coward. And admitting it is the first step to recovery. The next step would be realizing that you don't know enough about life in America to question it and then shutting the fuk up.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 04-01-12 at 02:52 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol, and Conan

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Guns don't kill people. People do!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2197

I love how jj waited until paco went M.I.A. to make this thread.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guns increase your chances of being shot yourself..always been like that.
    Even da Boyz in da Hood had to learn this.
    99% of you fukks will never need a gun, and most of those saying they have one just do it to be cool. As cool as a bastard shooting someone innocent.

paco

Raise the prices of ammo. $100 per bullet. People will think twice.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    I don't hide behind my gun. I actually prefer hand to hand combat. It's more personal. It's a better vehicle to unleash rage, punishment, and deliver righteous pain. Guns just deliver death.

And yes, you are a coward. Here, I'll prove it to you.....

You liberals say "we fear what we do not understand." And "hatred is the result of fear." So I am about to take a shit all over my keyboard and see what posts.
    You describe Americans from all walks of life, not just liberals.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Guns increase your chances of being shot yourself..always been like that.
    Even da Boyz in da Hood had to learn this.
    99% of you fukks will never need a gun, and most of those saying they have one just do it to be cool. As cool as a bastard shooting someone innocent.
    i guess im a 1% then i have guns and use them regularly for hunting its the best way to get lean meat cheep to i usually take 1-2 deer a year and as many geese as the law lets me 2 a day during the season witch i don't think is enough as there all over the place and they destroy fields the farmer who lets me use his land for hunting cant stand them. i also had to kill a coyote couple years back as he was eating the chickens.

First 1234567 Last