Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

I'm a retired parole officer and I needed a bachelors to get my foot in the door. Every states different but I know in the states I worked you would likely never see anything above traffic officer without a degree.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I'm a retired parole officer and I needed a bachelors to get my foot in the door. Every states different but I know in the states I worked you would likely never see anything above traffic officer without a degree.
    The states attorney likely has a salary 3x or greater than the $60,000 salary of the detective, went to school for 7-8 years studying law, passed the bar exam, and much more.

You are probably right though the detective might have a bachelors degree from community college so his opinion is probably far superior to that of the states attorney.

Probably better to stick with the rae card approach and claim that the highly qualified attorney is racist.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    The states attorney likely has a salary 3x or greater than the $60,000 salary of the detective, went to school for 7-8 years studying law, passed the bar exam, and much more.

You are probably right though the detective might have a bachelors degree from community college so his opinion is probably far superior to that of the states attorney.

Probably better to stick with the rae card approach and claim that the highly qualified attorney is racist.
    You realize community colleges don't usually offer bachelor degrees, right?

Are you saying the highly educated attorneys who filed the charges are not as highly educated as the state attorney that didn't?

Much of what you say doesn't make any logical sense. Then you throw out some comment about a race card. Don't think I've mentioned anyone race. When it comes to race I really don't care.

You seem very ill informed regarding the justice system and the educational system.

sharpcat

You realize community colleges don't usually offer bachelor degrees, right?

Are you saying the highly educated attorneys who filed the charges are not as highly educated as the state attorney that didn't?

Much of what you say doesn't make any logical sense. Then you throw out some comment about a race card. Don't think I've mentioned anyone race. When it comes to race I really don't care.

You seem very ill informed regarding the justice system and the educational system.
    Bachelor degrees can be earned at community colleges but nice attempt to deflect away from the topic.

The attorney who filed the charges was a specially appointed axe woman. Do you really think if Al Sharpton and the angry black mob were not protesting and threatening violence that another Prosecuting attorney would have looked at this case.

Famed attorney and Harvard law professor (at 26 the youngest professor ever to teach law at the highly credited law school) has been very vocal that charges should be dropped against Zimmerman and even possibly as far as Prosecutor Angela Cory being charged with perjury for not telling the whole truth in her charging affidavit.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...cution-immoral

Of course being the professional that she is Angela Cory responded by calling Harvard and threatening to sue the school and Dershowitz, to which school officials laughed at her and explained that she can not sue them. Dershowitz carried on.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/06...immerman-case/
    Last edited by sharpcat; 06-12-12 at 10:19 PM.

Tully Mars 63

Yes, you can get a BA at a community college. Just not all that common. Normally CC's offer transfer programs to four year school for the first two years of a BA or BS. Which would be why I said normally. You tried to make it sound like attorneys were way smarter then Det. because they go to more years of school while Det. get there degrees from "some community college." I simply pointed out that 4 yr. degrees from community college are not that common and relatively new. Plus the attorney that charged George passed the same bar exam as the one that passed on charging him.

Do I think the case has political aspects to it? Sure. A lot of high profile cases have people throwing around political weight Turns out in high profile cases media whores like Sharpton and Dershowitz will come out of the wood work. If either party were a chick Allred would have found a camera within the first hour of a national news story.

I also think if the Zimmerman's had been honest in court about how much money they had in the bank George would still be out on bail and his wife wouldn't have a perjury charge to deal with.

There's a lot of questions to be answered in this case. Hopefully Zimmerman will get a fair trial and the facts will come out.
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 06-13-12 at 05:54 AM.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

This may be the worse case of reverse racism we have ever seen, who they gonna arrest next his parents for being related to him. So much for innocent until proven guilty, how were they supposed to predict that people would donate money to them?

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    This may be the worse case of reverse racism we have ever seen, who they gonna arrest next his parents for being related to him. So much for innocent until proven guilty, how were they supposed to predict that people would donate money to them?
    Dude it's not a matter of knowing how much people ARE going to donate it's a matter of knowing how much people DID donate. Then knowing how much you transferred to a an account in your name.

You can not tell a judge you have no money while there's 74K sitting in an account with your name on it... and the jail has taped conversations of you discussing the fund transfers.

This will piss a judge off 100% of the time. Doesn't matter if you're white or black or freaking Simpson's yellow.
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 06-13-12 at 07:28 PM.

nate turner
    Update your status
    nate turner's Avatar Become A Pro!

most american black males are scared of you caucasoids anyway,you run the so call law enforcement in this wicked world, all branches of government(obama is a figure head ),all the money(ashkenazim)and anything else worth anything in this mutt country.jesse jackson and son(government informant)al sharpton( fbi snitch)look it up.you sodomites call out these clowns every chance you get,with out these two your cities and suburbs would be burnt the f down.LET ME BE CLEAR,AL SHARPTON JESSE JACKSON AND THE REST OF THE CAUCASOID LOVERS KEEP THE SO CALLED BLACK COMMUNITY SUBVERSIVE AND DOCILE, AS LONG AS AMERICAN NEGRO'S THINK THEY ARE COMING TO THE RESCUE(JESSE AL AND CREW),THEY CAN GO BACK TO WORK AND SCHOOL AND CONTINUE ON WITH THEIR DAY.this is all a big joke because you know the blood suckers in the media stir this garbage up.THE ONLY WAY IT WILL WORK IN THIS COUNTRY ARE FOR SO CALLED BLACKS TO CONTROL AND POLICE OUR OWN COMMUNITY AND SEPARATE FROM THE BOY LOVING CAUCASOID.THE SECOND OPTION IS TO LEAVE AND START ALL OVER SOME PLACE ELSE (WORKING ON THAT),THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE THE GROUP LISTED ABOVE LOVE THEIR OPPRESSOR.jorge zimmermann should never made it to the police station,but most negro's rather kill themself than the OPPRESSOR.LAST THING,WHEN THE CHICKS COME HOME TO ROOST AGAIN.....(9/11/01)...... DO NOT LOOK TO THE AMERICAN NEGRO MALE YOU HATE SO MUCH FOR ANY COMFORT OR SUPPORT

TO THE RIGHTEOUS............................... ........................PEACE BE UNTO(UPON)YOU

TO THE SODOMITES............................... ...........................FIRE

Tully Mars 63

I think, and I'm just guessing here, there's a bottle of medication somewhere in your house. Seek it out and take some. If there isn't an Rx bottle in your home with your name on it you might want to seek medical help and have one prescribed for you.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

This should have nothing to do with racism, I know a bunch of wannabe tough guys like Zimmerman who must have small dicks & think they need a conceal & carry permit. These dumb fuc%s have no business carrying a gun in public because they are emotionally unstable and I hope Zimmerman frys in jail just to teach all these dipshits a lesson.
    Last edited by hankcream; 06-13-12 at 09:02 PM.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    This should have nothing to do with racism, I know a bunch of wannabe tough guys like Zimmerman who must have small dicks & think they need a conceal & carry permit. These dumb fuc%s have no business carrying a gun in public because they are emotionally unstable and I hope Zimmerman frys in jail just to teach all these dipshits a lesson.

So now you know he's guilty. And apparently people who conceal carry have small dicks and are emotionally unstable. I know a ton of people who conceal carry. I don't think of any of them as being emotionally unstable. I've concealed on a regular basis. Only reason I don't now is I live in a country where it's not legal. But I live in a very safe part of that country, crime rate in my state is lower then most largely populated US states. Almost zero violent crime. When ever I return to the US to visit family I'm usually carrying.

I'm not sure how you know how big concealed carrying guys dicks are but what about my female friends who carry? Do they have small vaginas?

And while racism shouldn't be playing a part in this case it is... from both sides.

sharpcat

Dude it's not a matter of knowing how much people ARE going to donate it's a matter of knowing how much people DID donate. Then knowing how much you transferred to a an account in your name.

You can not tell a judge you have no money while there's 74K sitting in an account with your name on it... and the jail has taped conversations of you discussing the fund transfers.

This will piss a judge off 100% of the time. Doesn't matter if you're white or black or freaking Simpson's yellow.
    I think what is important to realize here is that it was very unclear to the Zimmermans at the time what the money could and could not be used for and who it actually belonged to and how that person wanted it to be spent.

Those who donated to George did not donate their hard earned money so that the state of florida could charge him more money to get out of jail. The money donated was not George's personal piggy bank it was money given to him to help with his attorney fees.

George and his wife did not lie, they told the judge exactly how much money "THEY" had, not how much money they had that belonged to other people.

sharpcat

If I donate money to St. Judes I donate that money for them to invest into their research and to help the children. I do not donate money so that the staff over at St. Judes can go to Hawaii for a week.

Donated money is not your personal spending money it is money that was donated to you to spend on what it was donated for.

Tully Mars 63

I think what is important to realize here is that it was very unclear to the Zimmermans at the time what the money could and could not be used for and who it actually belonged to and how that person wanted it to be spent.

Those who donated to George did not donate their hard earned money so that the state of florida could charge him more money to get out of jail. The money donated was not George's personal piggy bank it was money given to him to help with his attorney fees.

George and his wife did not lie, they told the judge exactly how much money "THEY" had, not how much money they had that belonged to other people.

OK first off ignorance of the law is not a valid defense. But I'm not at all convinced they were ignorant at all.

Here's a couple bullet points for you-

*Zimmerman and his wife had two phone conversations, one on 4-15 and another on 4-16, while George was in custody. The jail, as most do these days, recorded the conversations. Some of the conversation seemed to be in code and talked about how much they had and how to move it around. At point point George doesn't seem to get what the total is and bluntly asked "how much total?" His wife responses "155." Turns out they had, at that time 155k in their accounts. Back to code they, apparently poor code, they discussed moving it to personal accounts. During the second conversation they discussed the need to move some of it to a trusted person.

*Shellie Zimmerman went to the credit union to transfer the funds. Credit union employees informed her that transfers over 10k would need to be reported to the IRS. She made 6 transfers to her and her husbands joint account and an aunts accounts over the next four days that were under the 10k limit. One transfer was made into their account over the 10K limit.

This activity really sounds to you like people who just had no idea? They just happen do all this by accident.

Plus we haven't even touched on the two passport issue. George had two and only turned in one. Now there's nothing illegal about having two, I have two. There's a procedure in place for you, as a US citizen, to obtain two passports. But when a judge orders you to turn in your passport you need to turn over both if you have two.
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 06-14-12 at 10:40 AM.

Tully Mars 63

If I donate money to St. Judes I donate that money for them to invest into their research and to help the children. I do not donate money so that the staff over at St. Judes can go to Hawaii for a week.

Donated money is not your personal spending money it is money that was donated to you to spend on what it was donated for.
    This is the difference between donating to a registered charity and a private individual. When you donate to a private person they're free, leglly, to do with it what they want for the most part. However they need to pay taxes on it. Now there's always the case of fraud like when a person claims they're dying of cancer and it turns out they just want a nice wedding and honeymoon. But with the Zimmerman's and the defense fund they could, as long as they paid taxes on it, use any funds donated to pay for housing, travel, food etc... They could easily make a case that they needed to get away from threats... far away. You know like Hawaii away. Or with that second passport non-extradition country away.

The court has no idea what they were planning and frankly I doubt you do either. Know I don't. But moving money around in amounts that would not be reported and having dual passports and only turning in one is really pretty stupid or they were trying to hide something.

sharpcat

OK first off ignorance of the law is not a valid defense. But I'm not at all convinced they were ignorant at all.

Here's a couple bullet points for you-

*Zimmerman and his wife had two phone conversations, one on 4-15 and another on 4-16, while George was in custody. The jail, as most do these days, recorded the conversations. Some of the conversation seemed to be in code and talked about how much they had and how to move it around. At point point George doesn't seem to get what the total is and bluntly asked "how much total?" His wife responses "155." Turns out they had, at that time 155k in their accounts. Back to code they, apparently poor code, they discussed moving it to personal accounts. During the second conversation they discussed the need to move some of it to a trusted person.

*Shellie Zimmerman went to the credit union to transfer the funds. Credit union employees informed her that transfers over 10k would need to be reported to the IRS. She made 6 transfers to her and her husbands joint account and an aunts accounts over the next four days that were under the 10k limit. One transfer was made into their account over the 10K limit.

This activity really sounds to you like people who just had no idea? They just happen do all this by accident.

Plus we haven't even touched on the two passport issue. George had two and only turned in one. Now there's nothing illegal about having two, I have two. There's a procedure in place for you, as a US citizen, to obtain two passports. But when a judge orders you to turn in your passport you need to turn over both if you have two.
    Yes they were talking in some kind of crazy elaborate code.........Nobody has ever referred to 155,000 in the short form of 155, that is just un heard of.

I would definately be talking loudly about having $155,000 while in prison and not in code. It is not like anybody in prison is going to over hear that I have $155,000 and try to extort me or anything.

I am sure George was trying to pass it off as if 10% of his bond amount would be $15 when he said if it is 150 pay 15 . As a correctional officer have you ever seen people come into jail with $150 bond on 2nd degree murder charges?????

The passport was in the possession of his attorney long before the state was even aware of it, that was well documented but I keep forgetting that you continue to comment on this case despite the fact that you have admitted that you really do not know all of the details.

sharpcat

This is the difference between donating to a registered charity and a private individual. When you donate to a private person they're free, leglly, to do with it what they want for the most part. However they need to pay taxes on it. Now there's always the case of fraud like when a person claims they're dying of cancer and it turns out they just want a nice wedding and honeymoon. But with the Zimmerman's and the defense fund they could, as long as they paid taxes on it, use any funds donated to pay for housing, travel, food etc... They could easily make a case that they needed to get away from threats... far away. You know like Hawaii away. Or with that second passport non-extradition country away.

The court has no idea what they were planning and frankly I doubt you do either. Know I don't. But moving money around in amounts that would not be reported and having dual passports and only turning in one is really pretty stupid or they were trying to hide something.
    Find all the conspiracy theories you want but there are plenty of reasons as to why they moved the money the way they did that really has no bearing on this case and would be an issue with the IRS.

The whole point is that technically they did not lie under oath because the money may or may not have been theirs to claim. Donations did not start coming in until George was sent to prison so him and his wife never even had a chance to discuss the money let alone consult a financial advisor about it.

Tully Mars 63

As a law enforcement officer I've seen people release on their own recog. for murder.

The passport was turned in after the attorney found out he had it and the cash. Zimmermans attorney told him this was info he should have revealed in court.

The "155" comment seems to break from the code. What the code is we don't know right now as the court hasn't agreed to it's public release.

Why did they move the funds in amounts under the 10K limit?

Tully Mars 63

Here's an article about the fund from Forbes-

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi...ng-it-all-out/

If after reading that you still think they had no idea what they were doing was at least questionable if not illegal then you're on your own.

sharpcat

As a law enforcement officer I've seen people release on their own recog. for murder.

The passport was turned in after the attorney found out he had it and the cash. Zimmermans attorney told him this was info he should have revealed in court.

The "155" comment seems to break from the code. What the code is we don't know right now as the court hasn't agreed to it's public release.

Why did they move the funds in amounts under the 10K limit?
    You talk as if everybody in the world has experienced going from living a comfortable life to suddenly living your life in hiding and having your husband thrown in jail only to have your paypal account flooded with $150,000 in less than a week. Pretty easy for you to sit behind your computer in the comfort of your own home and take your time to think about what you would do in their situation.

They had an extremely large balance in their paypal account and had every right to not feel comfortable with that amount of money in paypal. The teller at the credit union obviously suggested that they keep their transfers under 10k, if you are somebody who does not understand what is going on it is not hard to believe that you would make the decision to move the money in small amounts until you figure out what to do.

There is no law against moving money in amounts smaller than 10k and if they were attempting to launder money there would be no way to find that out until after April 16th 2013. Of course you obviously seem to believe in the guilty until proven innocent system.

sharpcat

Here's an article about the fund from Forbes-

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi...ng-it-all-out/

If after reading that you still think they had no idea what they were doing was at least questionable if not illegal then you're on your own.
    How the fukk would they have know about all of this if this article was written after the fact?

sharpcat

As a correctional officer would you honestly think that somebody referring to $155,000 while on the phone in prison is suspicious?

Was he trying to hide the fact that he had $155,000 from the state or is it possible he did not want word to spread around the prison populated with a bunch of criminals that he had $155,000?

Obviously he did not know he was being recorded or he would not have said anything on the phone. So why would he be talking in code to hide his money from prosecutors if he was unaware that he was being recorded? It is more likely that he was talking in code to hide the fact that he had $155,000 from the prison gangs he was surrounded by.

Tully Mars 63

You talk as if everybody in the world has experienced going from living a comfortable life to suddenly living your life in hiding and having your husband thrown in jail only to have your paypal account flooded with $150,000 in less than a week. Pretty easy for you to sit behind your computer in the comfort of your own home and take your time to think about what you would do in their situation.

They had an extremely large balance in their paypal account and had every right to not feel comfortable with that amount of money in paypal. The teller at the credit union obviously suggested that they keep their transfers under 10k, if you are somebody who does not understand what is going on it is not hard to believe that you would make the decision to move the money in small amounts until you figure out what to do.

There is no law against moving money in amounts smaller than 10k and if they were attempting to launder money there would be no way to find that out until after April 16th 2013. Of course you obviously seem to believe in the guilty until proven innocent system.
    I'm not sure I get your first point. Are you saying I'm living a life in hiding? If so what am I hiding from?

When the Judge asked "His wife testified under oath at his bond hearing that she was not aware how much money a website soliciting cash for Mr. Zimmerman’s defense had raised." According to taped jail phone calls that's simply not true. You can claim they didn't know it was their money. You can claim they didn't know what to do with it. You can claim a lot of things. But on the phone with her husband she knew and suddenly when asked by a judge under oath she's doesn't know and claims they have no money for defense. They themselves set up the "defense fund" web site. But they didn't and couldn't know that money was for his defense, umm sure that makes sense. You're right completely innocent. Just all an accident.

I think their guilty of being pretty stupid. I think she's guilty of perjury, I THINK. On the big issue I have no idea if what he did was self defense. Honestly and sincerely I hope he gets a fair trial and the truth prevails. Stuff like being dishonest about the funds and the two passports can not be unheard by the jury pool at this point. Even if he acted completely in self defense his and his wife's actions have hurt him now, that's something his own attorney stated.

Tully Mars 63

How the fukk would they have know about all of this if this article was written after the fact?
    The question isn't if they "knew all this" regarding the article. The issue is-

*"His wife testified under oath at his bond hearing that she was not aware how much money a website soliciting cash for Mr. Zimmerman’s defense had raised."

*His wife transferred 74K out of the defense fund prior to telling the judge they had no funds available for his defense.

Tully Mars 63

As a correctional officer would you honestly think that somebody referring to $155,000 while on the phone in prison is suspicious?

Was he trying to hide the fact that he had $155,000 from the state or is it possible he did not want word to spread around the prison populated with a bunch of criminals that he had $155,000?

Obviously he did not know he was being recorded or he would not have said anything on the phone. So why would he be talking in code to hide his money from prosecutors if he was unaware that he was being recorded? It is more likely that he was talking in code to hide the fact that he had $155,000 from the prison gangs he was surrounded by.
    I'm not sure about Florida, maybe you could google it, but in the 5 states where I've either transferred, picked up or placed in custody people in jails and prisons the phone banks for prisoners are not your average pay phone. One they will only connect you with an operator. That operator will only make a collect call for you. The start of the collect call is pre-recorded and states "you're receiving a collect call from an inmate named _______ at _________ correctional facility this phone call is being recorded. Do you accept the terms and charges for this call?

sharpcat

I'm not sure I get your first point. Are you saying I'm living a life in hiding? If so what am I hiding from?

When the Judge asked "His wife testified under oath at his bond hearing that she was not aware how much money a website soliciting cash for Mr. Zimmerman’s defense had raised." According to taped jail phone calls that's simply not true. You can claim they didn't know it was their money. You can claim they didn't know what to do with it. You can claim a lot of things. But on the phone with her husband she knew and suddenly when asked by a judge under oath she's doesn't know and claims they have no money for defense. They themselves set up the "defense fund" web site. But they didn't and couldn't know that money was for his defense, umm sure that makes sense. You're right completely innocent. Just all an accident.

I think their guilty of being pretty stupid. I think she's guilty of perjury, I THINK. On the big issue I have no idea if what he did was self defense. Honestly and sincerely I hope he gets a fair trial and the truth prevails. Stuff like being dishonest about the funds and the two passports can not be unheard by the jury pool at this point. Even if he acted completely in self defense his and his wife's actions have hurt him now, that's something his own attorney stated.
    Was your husband thrown in jail? Has your paypal account been flooded with $150,000? Unless your a married gay man with $150,000 in a paypal account I was not talking about you. You would be the clown sitting in his basement ranting about what you would have done if you were in their situation, but you are not in their situation so you have no clue as to what you would have actually done.

Unless she knew exactly how much was in the account she did not lie when the judge asked her, he should have been more specific because technically she did not lie to him if she did not know the exact amount that the account had raised. She could have said "I know there is at least $155,000 in the account but Judge lester did not ask her that, he asked her if she knew how much the site had raised.
    The point is that she did not look the judge in the eye and make a bold faced lie she simply did not tell him the whole truth but he really did not ask for her best guess of what was in the account.

Nobody gets charged with perjury anymore and this was a minor offense. She was only charged with perjury because Angela Corey knows she has no case and this is just another attempt to get Zimmerman to take a plea just like the gross over charge of 2nd degree murder. Screw the justice system if a man is innocent and you can not get a conviction just attempt to extort him into accepting a plea.

sharpcat

I'm not sure about Florida, maybe you could google it, but in the 5 states where I've either transferred, picked up or placed in custody people in jails and prisons the phone banks for prisoners are not your average pay phone. One they will only connect you with an operator. That operator will only make a collect call for you. The start of the collect call is pre-recorded and states "you're receiving a collect call from an inmate named _______ at _________ correctional facility this phone call is being recorded. Do you accept the terms and charges for this call?
    Deflecting again are we?

As a correctional officer would you agree that he may have stated $155,000 as a 155 figure because of the fear of word spreading around prison that he had $155,000?

No more deflecting Tully answer the question.

Tully Mars 63

Deflecting again are we?

As a correctional officer would you agree that he may have stated $155,000 as a 155 figure because of the fear of word spreading around prison that he had $155,000?

No more deflecting Tully answer the question.
    I'm not deflecting anything. I didn't respond to your question because it made no sense. I'm simply stating I think there's a serious chance they knew they were being recorded.

So you don't accuse me of deflecting again... Do I think he might have said 155 instead of 155k because other in jail inmates and officers might have over heard him? Sure if that's what the affidavit claimed... that he stated "155" when asked about the amount. But that's not and never was the claim. Affidavit claims he "bluntly" asked "how much they had" and she responded "155." Are you now claiming she was also in jail and worried about gang members over hearing her?

For the record... I don't have a basement. I don't own nor have I ever owned a clown costume. I'm not a married man nor am I a gay man. And I'm not the one ranting here.

sharpcat

I'm not deflecting anything. I didn't respond to your question because it made no sense. I'm simply stating I think there's a serious chance they knew they were being recorded.

So you don't accuse me of deflecting again... Do I think he might have said 155 instead of 155k because other in jail inmates and officers might have over heard him? Sure if that's what the affidavit claimed... that he stated "155" when asked about the amount. But that's not and never was the claim. Affidavit claims he "bluntly" asked "how much they had" and she responded "155." Are you now claiming she was also in jail and worried about gang members over hearing her?

For the record... I don't have a basement. I don't own nor have I ever owned a clown costume. I'm not a married man nor am I a gay man. And I'm not the one ranting here.

Check the facts on the case you are arguing Tully don't just make things up to fit what you want to believe. George clearly was the first to convert thousands to one unit figures.

George Zimmerman: "In my account do I have at least $100?"
    Shellie Zimmerman: "No."
    George Zimmerman: "How close am I?"
    Shellie Zimmerman: "$8. $8.60."
    George Zimmerman: "Really? So total everything how much are we looking at?"
    Shellie Zimmerman: "Like $155"

Tully Mars 63

I didn't have access to the transcripts you're partially posting here prior to leaving on a weekend dive trip. So maybe it's possible he (George) first mentioned the money in terms of .01% of the actual amount. So on that account you could be correct. But even in your argument you claim they didn't know it was their money... and they didn't want people to know how much money they had. That's a rather silly argument. If they didn't know they could use it why were they renting a house with it? Plus none of your posts address her estimating to her husband the amount available in the donation account and then when asked for an estimation from the judge she states she has "no idea."

Your arguments in this thread and elsewhere on this site lack logic and at times are just plain silly.

sharpcat

I didn't have access to the transcripts you're partially posting here prior to leaving on a weekend dive trip. So maybe it's possible he (George) first mentioned the money in terms of .01% of the actual amount. So on that account you could be correct. But even in your argument you claim they didn't know it was their money... and they didn't want people to know how much money they had. That's a rather silly argument. If they didn't know they could use it why were they renting a house with it? Plus none of your posts address her estimating to her husband the amount available in the donation account and then when asked for an estimation from the judge she states she has "no idea."

Your arguments in this thread and elsewhere on this site lack logic and at times are just plain silly.
    The money was donated to them so they could pay for an attorney, housing, the security counsel that they were forced to hire, food and expenses that they would be unable to afford because they were forced into hiding by a lynch mob who found them guilty before a fair trial.

If I give you money to go and buy food and clothing for your children do you think that you can take my money and go spend it on a new t.v. and computer?
    The answer is obviously NO. I gave you money to go buy food and clothing it was not your money to spend on whatever you wanted. Obviously there is a serious conflict on what the Zimmermans could spend the money on and whether it was actually their money or not. A large majority of the money was not donated until Zimmerman was put in jail, not sure what prison you worked in but it would be very hard for a husband and wife to meet with a financial consultant while he is in prison.

Nice shot at the end there, again you resort to insults. While we are sharing our opinions of each other I personally think you are a moron for continuing to spend so much time arguing on a case that you have openly admitted not being up to date on and your die hard attempt to pass guilt on 2 people who have yet to give their side of the story in a court of law.

Tully Mars 63

You need to take a reading comprehension course. I've never worked in a prison, nor have I made such claim.

So far you've claimed they didn't know they could use the money for his defense, it was other peoples money and they didn't know what to do with it. As you stated in post #227
    The whole point is that technically they did not lie under oath because the money may or may not have been theirs to claim
    Now you're claiming something else completely. They knew they could use it for " an attorney, housing, the security counsel that they were forced to hire, food and expenses." You also claim they had no idea they were being recorded. The transcripts you quote also state "this call is being recorded." And you claim they couldn't meet with a financial consultant while George was in custody, yet those transcripts also state they consulted with an employee of the credit union. The credit union I belong to offer financial consultations, never heard of one that didn't. You claim the wife wasn't lying when she answered the judges question- "Can you estimate the amount in the on-line account?" with "no, I can't." Even though days before she easily gave her husband an estimation of it's value.

Your argument seems to be these people aren't lying they're too stupid to be lying.

sharpcat

You need to take a reading comprehension course. I've never worked in a prison, nor have I made such claim.

So far you've claimed they didn't know they could use the money for his defense, it was other peoples money and they didn't know what to do with it. As you stated in post #227Now you're claiming something else completely. They knew they could use it for " an attorney, housing, the security counsel that they were forced to hire, food and expenses." You also claim they had no idea they were being recorded. The transcripts you quote also state "this call is being recorded." And you claim they couldn't meet with a financial consultant while George was in custody, yet those transcripts also state they consulted with an employee of the credit union. The credit union I belong to offer financial consultations, never heard of one that didn't. You claim the wife wasn't lying when she answered the judges question- "Can you estimate the amount in the on-line account?" with "no, I can't." Even though days before she easily gave her husband an estimation of it's value.

Your argument seems to be these people aren't lying they're too stupid to be lying.
    1) Bail is set according to the amount of assets a person has that they can use towards their bail. Even Judge Lester has previously and still would admit that what the donated money was meant to be used for is questionable. Judge Lester is waiting until the bail hearing on the 29th to decide whether or not the Zimmermans lied to him and if he should reinstate the bail, you armchair detectives should do the same.

2) Zimmermans bail was revoked because the Judge felt that the zimmermans were not straight forward with him and he wants to show that he is not going to tolerate that from either side during this trial. Peoples bail can be revoked for many reasons and it happens very frequently, Zimmermans bail can be reinstated if Judge Lester feels he has a fair explanation.

3) Judge Lester did not convict Shellie Zimmerman of perjury. The prosecutors felt that they had enough evidence to charge her with perjury but it still remains to be seen if she is proven to have committed perjury. We still have yet to hear the Zimmermans version of what was said and why it was said.

4) I can assure you that nobody who donated to Zimmerman did so with the intention of allowing the state to take that money and charge Zimmerman a higher bail.

5) Your credit union is pretty awesome if they send their financial consultants to meet with you and your wife in prison on short notice (less than a week).

6) Money came flying into his paypal account the second he turned himself in, at the rate money was flying in one could easily not have any idea of what the account could have ballooned to over several days. How about innocent until proven guilty here Tully? maybe we should wait to hear an explanation from the Zimmermans about what happened before we start making assumptions???

Your argument seems to be that the Zimmermans are guilty of all counts and that the burden of proof is on them to prove that they are innocent. Sorry that is not how it works. You also are full of ASSumptions there Tully you truly do sound like an ass.

Tully Mars 63

1) Bail is set according to the amount of assets a person has that they can use towards their bail. Even Judge Lester has previously and still would admit that what the donated money was meant to be used for is questionable. Judge Lester is waiting until the bail hearing on the 29th to decide whether or not the Zimmermans lied to him and if he should reinstate the bail, you armchair detectives should do the same.
    I am not aware of the judge making any statements regarding the donated funds other then they were not disclosed during the initial bond hearing. Do you have a source for that statement?

2) Zimmermans bail was revoked because the Judge felt that the zimmermans were not straight forward with him and he wants to show that he is not going to tolerate that from either side during this trial. Peoples bail can be revoked for many reasons and it happens very frequently, Zimmermans bail can be reinstated if Judge Lester feels he has a fair explanation.
    I'm well aware of why his bail was revoked and that bail can be revoked for a number of reasons.

3) Judge Lester did not convict Shellie Zimmerman of perjury. The prosecutors felt that they had enough evidence to charge her with perjury but it still remains to be seen if she is proven to have committed perjury. We still have yet to hear the Zimmermans version of what was said and why it was said.
    Really he didn't convict her the day they charged her? You mean she has the right to counsel and a trial? Wow! Who knew?

4) I can assure you that nobody who donated to Zimmerman did so with the intention of allowing the state to take that money and charge Zimmerman a higher bail.
    You know the all reasons all other people denoted funds? That's amazing, how do you know the intent of other people?

You're aware that bail is basically a deposit that ensures you show up to court, right? I mean if George doesn't abscond the money will be returned.

5) Your credit union is pretty awesome if they send their financial consultants to meet with you and your wife in prison on short notice (less than a week).
    Please show me where said "in person." Because I clearly stated they spoke with a CU employee and received advice over the phone and that they could easily have requested financial advice in the same manner. Or they could have just asked their attorney. According to his statement he asked about the funds, they could have easily informed him. Had they George would likely be out of custody right now.

6) Money came flying into his paypal account the second he turned himself in, at the rate money was flying in one could easily not have any idea of what the account could have ballooned to over several days. How about innocent until proven guilty here Tully? maybe we should wait to hear an explanation from the Zimmermans about what happened before we start making assumptions???
    Sure when asked "do you have an estimate?" you should always tell a judge "No, I don't." Certainly if you can't give an exact amount and if it had been two days since you discussed the estimated amount with your spouse. We'll see how well that goes over in court soon.

Your argument seems to be that the Zimmermans are guilty of all counts and that the burden of proof is on them to prove that they are innocent. Sorry that is not how it works. You also are full of ASSumptions there Tully you truly do sound like an ass.
    I'm full of assumptions? You assume you know the intent of all the people who donated funds. You've made several contradictary statement on this thread. And I've repeatedly expressed that I have no idea if George is guility of the main charges. In fact I've said I hope he gets a fair trail. I haven't made an assuption of his guilt. I do think the evidence of her purjury is pretty clear. But I'm more then willing to wait until a judge rules on that and all the other issues in this case. I think out of the two of us you've made the assumption they're innocent far more then I've assumed they're gulity.

sharpcat

Do you honestly believe that any one who donated money to George Zimmerman is content with the state of florida raising his bond because of the money they donated?

Since when do people get back the 10% that they have to put down for bail? I did not know that bail bondsman put their money and necks on the line without charging a fee.

First ... 45678910 Last