Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there an experienced on-line poker player who can break this down for me?

$10,000 1st Deposit Bonus

IntertopsPoker.com is pleased to introduce the largest bonus on the Net for all its new customers. All new players making their first-ever deposit in our Poker Room will receive an amazing 500% Deposit Bonus worth up to $10,000!
    It's so easy:

Open an account and enter the Bonus Code "10KBonus" => five times your deposit amount (up to $10,000) will be credited to a bonus account. All you have to do is to start playing to release your bonus: For every $25 Rake you generate, you will receive 5 points and for every single point $1 will be credited to your poker account from your Bonus Account. This process continues until your complete bonus has been credited!

Mudcat

I gotta say, it strikes me as a helluva deal. Is it as good as it sounds? I’ve played just a little bit of on-line poker so I don’t have a strong sense of how fast rakes would add up in a deal like that. Is that something where you could earn that bonus fairly quickly, or would you have to play 12 hours a day every day for 2 years?

I also don’t have any idea how good Intertops is for poker, if they have an unusually high rake, if they have a decent level of activity at the tables etc. etc.

Let’s assume a player was going for the max with a 2K deposit. Okay I suppose it would then depend what tables you were playing at. Well any insight would be appreciated. I’ve been thinking for awhile about increasing my on-line poker activities and this might be a springboard.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Its seems like a great deal, they are obviously trying to get new players to boost the numbers of players at the site. Have you downloaded the software and seen how many players they have online??

Would be tough to earn the bonus with no action available at the tables.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

For every $5 you pay them in rake, they give you $1 back. Not that great a deal.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets not forget that Intertops does have 13 states that they don't accept players from these days. Here are the states that they will not accept players from: Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wisconsin.

Bullajami
    Bullajami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    For every $5 you pay them in rake, they give you $1 back. Not that great a deal.
    20% of rake refunded as bonus. Not a great deal. Most first deposit deals refund 40%+

Also, is the bonus released in increments (like every $10), or do you have to earn the entire $10K in bonus to get anything? And what is the time frame? Do you have to earn $10K in bonus in 6 months or less? (Thats a lot of poker.)

Mudcat

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Its seems like a great deal, they are obviously trying to get new players to boost the numbers of players at the site. Have you downloaded the software and seen how many players they have online??

Would be tough to earn the bonus with no action available at the tables.

Agreed and no, I don't know what the action is like there. That was part of what I was hoping someone could tell me. I could download the software as you say.

In retrospect I posted the question more on a whim than anything. The piece of spam turned up in my inbox and got the wheels turning but really, I don't have the time to dive into a lot of on-line poker right now.

It seems intriguing because I am basically a break-even on-line player - I've been playing on the same deposit for a looooong time at Poker Stars - so I figured if I started having some rake returned that would be all profit. Plus I barely try right now. If I actually started studying and putting in some hard work I wonder how I would do.

So this deal sounded splashy and got the wheels turning but there are many factors.

Pokerdogg
    Pokerdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not that good a deal at all. If you look around, you can find much better sign up bonus than that.

Depending on the limit you play at, and whether you play Limit or No Limit, you can find some sign up deals that pay well over 50% of the rake. If you want something that is ongoing (i.e. not just an one time sign up bonus), you can get rake back of around 30% at a lot of sites. I can get you a mid-30% rake back at a Pokerroom skin if you are interested, or go check out one of the number of rakeback sites.

I can point you to a good site regarding poker bonus if you want to go that route. PM me if you like.

Good luck.

Mudcat

That's good info pokerdogg and everyone else. Thanks. I'll look you up PD if I ever move past my current "all-talk" phase and really start increasing my poker focus.

ico2525
    ico2525's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Yeah I was drunk when I wrote my first post. It's basically 20% rake back. Eh, it's not a terrible deal, but there are better out there. Would you rather have a 10% cash bonus (that you're free to use and withdraw whenever), or would you rather have a 20% rake back bonus?

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

WSEX pays 80% RB on every single pot.

SlappyWhite
    SlappyWhite's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is not that good, at standard rake levels you would have to play about a million dollars worth of hands that go to the flop or further.

jolub
    jolub's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I'm reading this correctly. For every $25.00 in rake you give them, they will give you $5.00. I don't think this is any big deal. Plus there's probably a time limit. Don't fall for this bs.