Johns1124
    Johns1124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

What is "Software Poker"

I recently inquired Bulldogpoker about a few concerns I had with the "fairness" of play and this is there response.

My Letter:
    You cant tell me for half a second that your poker engine is random!
    1. Miraculas Rivers on 25% of tha hands
    2. at a 2 person table both payers get Flush & FH
    3 65%-70% of all draws go to the person with the higher stack!

Their response:

Sir, remember that the software poker its very diferent from the real one, and we are certified.

My Question: What the hell is "Software" poker? I thought Holdem is Holdem? What do they have some sort of "Weird" variation of it. Im not sure I think I will steer clear.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Get some poker software, log your games, check stats. I was suspicious till I did this, then found things were fine - eg my higher pairs were winning on showdowns with exactly the % that theory would suggest (slightly over 80%).

Before I did that, I would have said I was getting disproportionately screwed losing with AA. The reason is part of the base psychology of poker: the bad beats get burned into your mind (and 20% happens fairly often!).

Bullajami
    Bullajami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I suspect the CS agent is using the term "software poker" to differentiate from live poker in this instance. Many poker CS folks do not speak english as well as I'd like them to.

I think that's a goofed up explanation, though. The odds of software poker vs live poker should be the same. The difference would be that software poker is faster, so you see more improbable shit in an hour of play using software than real cards. (You should see more probable shit in that hour, too!)