pokerdemon11
    pokerdemon11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ivy vs hellmuth

Who is truly the greatest?

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Ivey by a long short, it is not even close.

PROfitableEnergy
    How you feeling? God Like.
    PROfitableEnergy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Close thread please LOL

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Depends on your definition... Hellmuth is a genius when it comes to marketing

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Haha both aren't the "greatest". Hellmuth isn't even close. Ivey may be in the top 5 but he's just a ghetto moron.
    Points Awarded:

CBASS gave NYSportsGuy210 40 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NYSportsGuy210

Michael Mizrachi vs. Brad Booth is the better match up.

ROGUE63
    ROGUE63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

ivy takes hellmuth down every time

pokerdemon11
    pokerdemon11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Haha both aren't the "greatest". Hellmuth isn't even close. Ivey may be in the top 5 but he's just a ghetto moron.

First off I never said heads up but you New Yorkers are all alike. Anyone can beat anyone heads up. I am asking more if you had to put your life savings on 1 of these 2 to win a tourney who would you put it on.

NYSportsGuy210

You're post said "who is the greatest"? I am telling you neither is.....how does that make me "all alike"?

Perhaps you should take grammar lessons before you post stupid ass questions without properly conveying what you even mean.

zjohnzzz
    zjohnzzz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13076

ivey will be when he catches up to helmuth in bracelets, and he will

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdemon11 View Post
    First off I never said heads up but you New Yorkers are all alike. Anyone can beat anyone heads up. I am asking more if you had to put your life savings on 1 of these 2 to win a tourney who would you put it on.
    Hellmuth for Texas Hold'em tourneys still, Ivey for every other kind of tourney and cash game. Ivey is way better all around, but Hellmuth has had good Holdem results.

TheAccountant
    TheAccountant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You're post said "who is the greatest"? I am telling you neither is.....how does that make me "all alike"?

Perhaps you should take grammar lessons before you post stupid ass questions without properly conveying what you even mean.
    Well said.

As for the original question, Ivey without any doubt.

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would put my money on ivey hellmuth blows up and goes on tilt too much

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I guess ivey is best. He seems better

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Ghetto moron?

Let's analyze this:

Before he was famous his family had more money than yours. (This is just a guess. You don't appear to have the presence of a solidly-middle-class individual).
    After he became famous, he has WAAAAAY more money than you. EDIT: for those that don't know, Ivey was born in Riverside, CA, but moved to SUBURBAN New Jersey 3 months later. Suburbs. Away from NYSportsGuy210. Far away.

I would love to live in his "ghetto."
    Last edited by MadTiger; 11-08-10 at 08:46 AM.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Oh, I see. NY vs NJ or something like that? Is that what you are on, too? SMH at you.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Ivy is my favorite player but Hellmuth has to be consider one of the greatest and he has the braclets to prove it.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Depends on your definition... Hellmuth is a genius when it comes to marketing
    No, Hellmuth is a sell out, he can't make money playing cash games so he needs to market himself while his pathetic image lasts.

Watch any cash game Hellmuth is in, where there are descent players playing, he ALWAYS ends up in the red. ALWAYS. Put Ivey on the same table and the coward makes an excuse to leave before the game is half way through (same happens when eh plays with other pros).

Hellmuth is so bad, there are an endless amount of online pros who can destroy him on any given day heads up, let alone Ivey.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    Ghetto moron?

Let's analyze this:

Before he was famous his family had more money than yours. (This is just a guess. You don't appear to have the presence of a solidly-middle-class individual).
    After he became famous, he has WAAAAAY more money than you. EDIT: for those that don't know, Ivey was born in Riverside, CA, but moved to SUBURBAN New Jersey 3 months later. Suburbs. Away from NYSportsGuy210. Far away.

I would love to live in his "ghetto."

And I'm gonna let you know without going too much into detail you are WAYYY OFFF on your guess there Sherlock Holmes. My mother and father alone have earned well over 6 figures in their lifetimes. PS- Money or location has nothing to do with Ivey being "ghetto"....it's Ivey's nature and the way he thinks and comes off as. So stop you're analysis cause you're obviously not even close to knowing what's being talked about here.

That being said....both players have done well in their poker careers and have made more than my whole family probably has combined....but still I wouldn't consider Helmuth as the "greatest" anything. I've met the guy too....he is just very tight and disciplined. That's only a third of the skills needed to be a great poker player.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 11-09-10 at 02:33 PM.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    No, Hellmuth is a sell out, he can't make money playing cash games so he needs to market himself while his pathetic image lasts.

Watch any cash game Hellmuth is in, where there are descent players playing, he ALWAYS ends up in the red. ALWAYS. Put Ivey on the same table and the coward makes an excuse to leave before the game is half way through (same happens when eh plays with other pros).

Hellmuth is so bad, there are an endless amount of online pros who can destroy him on any given day heads up, let alone Ivey.
    I agree with this as well. Helmuth really isn't that great...he isn't very smart by nature either.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

He did alright on the Big Game the last few times, even running really bad.

Had a few ok seasons on hsp.

But yeah overall he is a loser in cash games but so are most "pros"

ivey just has a unlimited bankroll thanks to fulltilt otherwise he'd be back to sleeping under bridges again.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

He doesn't always end up in the red and what do cash games have to do with anything? There's a lot more to poker than cash games and you are specifically talking about NL hold'em. As far as the endless pros can beat him theory that's by far the most ridiculous thing anyone can say. He's dominated at the top and in heads-up. You don't win 11 bracelets by not being able to play heads-up. He also won the 2005 national heads-up poker tourney against the best pros in the world, but I guess that doesn't count for anything. Look at his heads-up performances against the best pros and then see how ridiculous your post is. Also please find the definition of "sell out". When you've won more WSOP bracelets than anyone else you're not selling out by making money off it. Every pro out there markets themselves and most of them only have 1 bracelet or even less. Even Phil Ivey who you mentioned as being a top pro makes a ton of money from marketing.

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ivey is a true gambler, Hellmuth is a true hideous crybaby.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19015

Sam Grizzle

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilljacademics View Post
    Sam Grizzle
    Sam Grizzle is beat up and sad. Pint of cheap bourbon sad.

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    He did alright on the Big Game the last few times, even running really bad.

Had a few ok seasons on hsp.

But yeah overall he is a loser in cash games but so are most "pros"

ivey just has a unlimited bankroll thanks to fulltilt otherwise he'd be back to sleeping under bridges again.

Living under a bridge? You dont know ivey's game very well. He makes plenty of money.

GAB
    GAB's Avatar Become A Pro!

id have to say ivey because hellmuth won all his bracelets way back when poker wasnt popular and fields were much smaller and ivey just owns everything he plays and hellmuth just gets owned these days when he plays against guys like ivey and durrrr so def ivey

22dsnyd22
    22dsnyd22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Hellmuth is a douche bag and a whiny azz baby, therefore IVEY wins in all categories

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1230

i wouldnt bet on either of them to win a tourny.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    He did alright on the Big Game the last few times, even running really bad. Had a few ok seasons on hsp. But yeah overall he is a loser in cash games but so are most "pros" ivey just has a unlimited bankroll thanks to fulltilt otherwise he'd be back to sleeping under bridges again.
    Ivey had the electric cut off a few times when he started grinding, but I don't know about any "domestic displacement" issues. Link?

BranGor
    BranGor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

And I'm gonna let you know without going too much into detail you are WAYYY OFFF on your guess there Sherlock Holmes. My mother and father alone have earned well over 6 figures in their lifetimes. PS- Money or location has nothing to do with Ivey being "ghetto"....it's Ivey's nature and the way he thinks and comes off as. So stop you're analysis cause you're obviously not even close to knowing what's being talked about here.

That being said....both players have done well in their poker careers and have made more than my whole family probably has combined....but still I wouldn't consider Helmuth as the "greatest" anything. I've met the guy too....he is just very tight and disciplined. That's only a third of the skills needed to be a great poker player.
    Maybe "you're" parents worked in a fukkin Mcdonalds for their entire life time? Pretty sure you can make six figs making minimum wage for 40 years.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ivey > Hellmuth. This is like comparing the pro's to college teams. Its not even close.

NYSportsGuy210

Actually no my father is a mechanical engineer and my mom has a Masters in Mathematics and works as an actuary. But feel free to stop by Bayside NY and say what you have to to my face.....cause their son will still knock your pansy @ss out.

PS -Tell your mother last night was free of charge.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Nookx View Post
    Ivey > Hellmuth. This is like comparing the pro's to college teams. Its not even close.
    Umm sure there bud.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Hellmuth is a good tournament player who hasn't adjusted to the changes of the game the last few years. Hellmuth gets blasted because he gets made a fool of in televised cash games and he is an attention whore...but the guy won a bracelet and went deep into the main event as short as 2 years ago. He knows how to play...

12 Last