Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15337

Do you make this call?

I am playing 1/2 NL and have been playing 4-5 hours and have about 450. Several hands have been straddled and this one was. Lot's of callers gets to me in small blind and I see pocket AA. I jack it to 34 preflop and the BB insta calls and everyone else folds. The BB has about 500 and have seen him push his draws hard and hit to build up his chip stack. The flop comes 10 3 3 two diamonds. I bet 50 and the BB moves all in. Why such a big bet? I didn't get it. I mean he could have raised to 120-150 to find out if a hand like QQ, JJ was good. I admit I was scared of pocket 10 10 but no way was I folding pocket AA even having to call 365 more.

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

No, it's an insta call. You have to have him on a big pair or even AK "possibly" if you're beat with a set, you're just beat, nothing you can do about it. Make the call

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

snap call

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Call it everytime.

rdo37
    rdo37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I would call it every time, but would not feel great about it. Most likely the guy is just bluffing with a flush draw, just chalk it up to variance if you lose. And if he somehow had a 3....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Rage

Blacke
    Just Livin' the Dream!
    Blacke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1276

snap call...my thought process is that he wouldn't make that bet with any hand you lose to and he is just trying to take it down...what did you do?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15337

He had pocket QQ

I called and won

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

This is always sick. The problem is that, from my experience, no matter the skill or loose/tightness of the opponent, it is always a coinflip if the villian has a set/strong draw or is just bluffing. And really AA is just a bluff catcher in this instance.

Generally I would lay it down and wait for a better spot. You had $84 invested and need to call 4x that to see if it was a bluff.

Just my opinion.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

From my experience, this is always a bluff here unless you're playing an amazing player that can read you very well. If he has you dominated here, he will either make a small reraise or call you since there aren't many cards that can help you.(mostly just call) Not many players would take a chance at having someone fold a hand they can make more money from later on. Looking at the board he shouldn't be afraid of anything with a full house. If you have a flush draw you would likely pay him off a lot more. If you have an overpair, you will also likely pay him off more. Best case scenario for him is if he's on a flush draw. Most likely he will have a flush draw, an overpair, A10 or maybe A10 suited with a backdoor. This situation happens quite often. Many bad players make over bets with bad hands. You should always try to pay attention to people's bet sizes to understand what they mean. All this being said, for 1/2 it's a big bet to call and you should be a little cautious, but knowing the information you knew on this player should make it an easy call.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

A good player would not move all in if he hit the flop.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I generally agree but I think that is also the point, the good player is "switching gears" and playing differently than you expect. I have seen it numerous times from people that I thought were pretty good.

Also as I said, I think it is independant of good or bad player. Unless you really know this player and don't think there is a chance that he would do that with a made hand, then it is a coin flip.

I have personally overbet the pot to try and induce a bluff call against a good player. it works 50/50.

As I said, just my opinion.

Cheers.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The main two ways he's moving in with TT or a 3 there is if (1.) He's a fish and it's a spaz fish shove with TT or 3 (2.) He is a good player and has you leveled and believes you will believe that he's bluffing if he shoves.

Though he could have TT, hiis most likely calling hand if he's holding one 3 is A3 which he you have two blockers to. Without knowing a lot about the villain, I think that you have to suck it up and call this board. If the flop is something like T 8 3 then I think you can find a fold.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

easy call

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I wouldn't say it is always a good call but the way this guy played I would have guessed flush draw and called. I have seen good players push allin with 10/10 faking a bluff or draw. This can be a good play against certain types of players or large chip stacks.