ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Any players here who Specialize in HU?

Playing HU 2 and 4 man for years on Stars and FT.... but action has become too hard to be honest. Still making money, but all the fish are gone it seems.

Anyhow, just wanted to throw out Party Poker as a suggestion for some. Just tried it out recently and the competition is beyond easy. Either players with large -ROI% or brand new to the game.

Only problem, Party Pokers software is horrible. Its slow and ugly.

Anyone have any other suggestions for HU play? Perhaps Ultimate Bet, or Cake???

Krazygame
    Krazygame's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog has a really nice heads-up structure, probably some of the softest opponnettes

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

everyone just bum hunts now

ThaddeusB
    ThaddeusB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135661

Yes, I specialize in HU. If you aren't using SharkScope or one of their competitors, you are missing out. I often find fish at levels I wouldn't take all comers using it.

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusB View Post
    Yes, I specialize in HU. If you aren't using SharkScope or one of their competitors, you are missing out. I often find fish at levels I wouldn't take all comers using it.
    I use Sharkscope too... its how I know the pool of fish is so much smaller. A lot of break even players. Not to say I cant win on a regular basis still... but I miss the old days of players calling the whole way with bottom pair, not just sitting on top pair or draws.

Where do you currently play?

ChileCheese

Quote Originally Posted by Krazygame View Post
    Bodog has a really nice heads-up structure, probably some of the softest opponnettes
    About Bodog...
    I assume they have limits from $5-$100.
    Could you fill me in on a few things.

1) rake amount for $20 or $30?
    2)time of blinds and blind structure
    3)amount of chips

ThaddeusB

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    I use Sharkscope too... its how I know the pool of fish is so much smaller. A lot of break even players. Not to say I cant win on a regular basis still... but I miss the old days of players calling the whole way with bottom pair, not just sitting on top pair or draws.

Where do you currently play?

One thing to remember is that the average player at all sites will be near break even, regardless of what the average skill at said site is. For example, if everyone at a site was a fish the average fish would win half the time... I don't worry to much about a given players profit level, but instead I want to know how often they play HU (good full table players are rarely good at HU) and their W-L ration in HU play.

I play on the Merge Network. They have nice 5/10 minute levels (regular/turbo) that usually allow for enough time for skill to prevail before the blinds turn it into a luck game. They also only rake HU SNGs at half the normal rate, which is a big plus. For example, a $10 SNG rakes 50¢/side rather than the usual $1/side.

Incidentally, IMO calling only with top pair & up+draws is an easily exploitable strategy HU.

RazzFan
    RazzFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    everyone just bum hunts now
    This!

ChileCheese

One thing to remember is that the average player at all sites will be near break even, regardless of what the average skill at said site is. For example, if everyone at a site was a fish the average fish would win half the time... I don't worry to much about a given players profit level, but instead I want to know how often they play HU (good full table players are rarely good at HU) and their W-L ration in HU play.

I play on the Merge Network. They have nice 5/10 minute levels (regular/turbo) that usually allow for enough time for skill to prevail before the blinds turn it into a luck game. They also only rake HU SNGs at half the normal rate, which is a big plus. For example, a $10 SNG rakes 50¢/side rather than the usual $1/side.

Incidentally, IMO calling only with top pair & up+draws is an easily exploitable strategy HU.
    Yea good points, im hearing you on the avg player thingy...
    just curious, can u fill me in on the rake amount for $20 and $30 stakes?

ThaddeusB

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    Yea good points, im hearing you on the avg player thingy...
    just curious, can u fill me in on the rake amount for $20 and $30 stakes?
    $1 and $1.50

ChileCheese

$1 and $1.50
    Thank you, much appreciated