InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pre-Flop Pocket AA (advice needed)

How do you guy approach this hand. Raise? How about a NL situation?

Thanks

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

fold

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

just kidding you might want to trap and just call i had aa beat by 2 pair never all in unless you get a set on the flop it all depends low chip stack go all in maybe you can double up what position aa is a good hand but going allin online they seem to favor the low hand
    Last edited by andrew5; 08-29-09 at 09:11 PM.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15044

I would say it depends on your position at the table, ITH. If you are in late position and there are several decent calls already made, then I would go all-in. This will either result in everyone else folding and you getting to steal all the calls or you might get one caller (maybe two I guess) who you are almost sure to have the odds in your favor against. If there have not been any calls made and you are in late position, then I would just call - your goal then would be to keep the blinds in unless they are large at that point and you want to steal them with an all-in.

If you are in early position, then it probably depends on the kind of game. If it's just a cash game, then you should raise and keep the number of callers down. If it's a tourney then it depends on how far along things are. If you figure there will be a caller ahead of you (especially someone with a lot of chips), then I would just slow play it. Because at that stage in a tourney, there won't be many people calling for only the minimum. Someone along the way will raise for a lot and if it's a big call then I'd re-raise going all-in. If you don't get a big caller but a few callers to go against, then proceed with caution with the flop - and I would just go all in then and make them pay to see the last two cards.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

I didnt read the other post but if you got AA you gotta push.
    better to get players out sooner than letting them catch quads, straights, royal flushes, etc.. on the river.
    raise and make the others pay dearly to see the flop, turn, and river.

but I'm just a fish, and cant win shit online.
    but playing live i will make the others pay if they wanna continue

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by InTheHole View Post

Thanks

Tournament or cash game?

Early positon or late postition? If late position, how many limpers were there?

What stakes?

Aggressive table or passive table?

biggamerife21
    biggamerife21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

damn quads? straits? royal flushes? your putting them on a prety strong hand looks like you been playing at bodog?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

yeah there's a lot of other factors that determine what I do with aces. I rarely ever call pf unless I'm in early position at an aggressive table. You generally want to raise for value. If you raise and don't get called then there wasn't anything to be won during the hand anyway. You would just let the limpers catch their draw and put yourself in a tough situation later in the hand.

Normally if I'm in late position and against a re-raise or in the blinds w/ a raise I'll flat call. Another reraise or shove gives away the hand.

To go further in depth I'll need more info :-)

InTheHole
    InTheHole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Everyone for your replys

CRAZYBEAR007
    CRAZYBEAR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

AA Advise

Best things to remember about AA pre-flop, "most of the time you don't win big with pocket AA but it if you loss it is usually BIG (Quote from Doyle Brunson)".

Your odds of winning heads-up (one-on-one) is between 80% and 95%; for every additional player that stays in YOUR ODDS GO DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY, something like 60% with two callers and 40% with 3 callers. Do whatever it takes to try and get heads up before the flop and you will be way ahead.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by InTheHole View Post

Thanks
    i guess it depends on position.whose still in the hand.and definetly how far u are in the game...early on i usually bet high enough that if a player stays.he would have to go all in.when the tourney is deeper in ,i would raise enough to keep them interested,the deeper u get into tourney,the better the players are..i guess what im saying is ,u have to do what u feel comfortable in