20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Never play drunk poker

I come home today, have a few vodkas and go on to full tilt. Playing a deep stack 1/2 NL game.

I start playing my normal game but keep getting reraised by this dude. I fold the first few times figuring he's got something. He keeps doing it every time I raise. I then start pushing back..... but the luck box has everything..... I push back he calls. I flop a set... he hits bigger set..... I got him all in twice with JJ, he as AQ one time and AK the other hits his A and hits his Q. I know I"m racing but wtf.

If I hadn't been drinking I probably just would have avoided him instead of making him a target.

Good lesson learned boys.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Some of the clowns I know play better drunk, it just depends on the person and their style of play.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10453

no way you play better drunk, probably much more aggressive but you can easily get caught

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1766

i disagree to my style. i slow down when drinking and drunk. time goes slower so dont get bored. i only play live games drunk. online with 6 tables i can do sober but still bored.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1766

anyone ready to play friday night at bwin. need the players.

scruffy mojo
    scruffy mojo's Avatar Become A Pro!

playing drunk is giving money away

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wasent drunk but i was drinking beer and feeling good and i placed 4th in bodog $500 freeroll

MerseysideRed
    MerseysideRed's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had one time to see a drunk person plays Poker.

I played in Vegas in the Venetion, and I saw this drunk guy with his girlfriend which was just spending more and more money for nothing, I think that being drunk was not a good strategy for him

Madukwe
    Madukwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

agreed

tuck your money away when drunk, playing poker is a baaaad decision

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I remember coming home from the bar one night and sitting down to play some 2/4 and 3/6 limit one night...I don't remember anything that happened.

I woke up the next day and was like....dammit did I really let myself play poker last night? I logged on and there was $400 more in my account than I thought there was.

That's a rarity.