brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Tom "durrr" Dwan 1.5 million Challenge

http://beat.bodoglife.com/poker/ivey...nge-52181.html

Wow. anyone see this?? Talk about some serious money, i would love to see the last few hundred hands in action.

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

This Dwan guy is the strangest looking human being I've ever seen. I'm not Brad Pitt, but this guy looks like he jumped off some moon in some far off solar system.

brooks85

i've seen him on poker after dark a couple times. But, when i read the article today i didnt make the connection. Whenever he talks, he says weird stuff.

Razz_Donkey
    Donkey of the Razz
    Razz_Donkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard about this on pokerroad.com. Its pretty sick. Tom looks desperate for action, he is laying some crazy odds. With that said Durrr is one of the best shorthanded and heads up no limit players in the world. My guess is that Ivey will be his most difficult competition. I'm not sure if he can pull it off, but if he does it will cement his place as a true legend. I can't wait to watch them duke it out....

brooks85

any new news on this?

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Well he lost 5 million dollars in january online/offline. So far Poker DB has him up 1 million in february. I think he said he had an 8 million dollar BR approx, so january had to hit him like a ton of bricks. I haven't heard any knew updates on this.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i'd be surprised if his bankroll was "only" 8 million. His lifetime earnings are quite a bit more than that

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by spongerat View Post
    i'd be surprised if his bankroll was "only" 8 million. His lifetime earnings are quite a bit more than that

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I know a few professional card players who only BR a fraction of their worth to protect themselves from swings and more importantly to put their saved money into things other than poker such as family, house, cars, etc.

Razz_Donkey
    Donkey of the Razz
    Razz_Donkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Durrr is famous for putting large amounts of his bankroll at risk. Not sure how big it is, but this challenge has a high likelihood of crippling someone. I expect Durrr or perhaps another participant to seek outside backers if it starts getting bad. Check pokerroad.com there is usually interesting audio news to be downloaded pertaining to this.