Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

IOWA @ ARIZONA appears to be the #1 game next Saturday

Next Saturdays CFB schedule is a big letdown when compared to this past Saturday.

Fishhead

#9 iowa @ #23 arizona

iowa -1.5

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not much on the schedule this week.

Who is televising that game?

It isn't on ABC/ESPN's national game at 8-----those two games are Texas/Texas Tech, and ND/Michigan State

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Not much on the schedule this week.

Who is televising that game?

It isn't on ABC/ESPN's national game at 8-----those two games are Texas/Texas Tech, and ND/Michigan State
    Not sure Marty, I usually leave the TV listings to others..........to old for that.

I should leave picking games to others also, hit about 20% over the weekend.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16317

this game could be as good as we have seen this season

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post

One thing for sure, there is going be some hard knocks unleashed in this affair.................

As a Hawkeye fan, this game has me extremely concerned.........Iowa never seems to fair well in the state of Arizona.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    #9 iowa @ #23 arizona iowa -1.5
    Iowa's only giving -1.5 next week?? Iowa is a lot better than people give them credit. That's a steal.

I know you like Iowa in that game Fishy

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

i cant believe this line..

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Iowa's only giving -1.5 next week?? Iowa is a lot better than people give them credit. That's a steal.

I know you like Iowa in that game Fishy

No, staying away from game.

Just don't have enough information or film on Arizona to make a forecast on this one.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Iowa will be the play here.

I say Iowa moves to -2.5

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think Iowa will be the play here.

I say Iowa moves to -2.5

Game is -2 at many shops.....................

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

fishhead............. what am i missing. this looks to good to be true to me. i have watched both teams play and iowa is clearly better. i have already got down on the 1.5, but i would love to get your thoughts.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8798

Arizona's program has been a joke for many a year now. Iowa is a cream of the crop type unit

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    fishhead............. what am i missing. this looks to good to be true to me. i have watched both teams play and iowa is clearly better. i have already got down on the 1.5, but i would love to get your thoughts.

See post #9 in this thread........

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Iowa in this spot the more I look at this game.

Ferentz usually has them playing physical, and Arizona still hasn't had that "wow" win just yet.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

ESPN has this game, but it is a late game, which is why we, on the West Coast, get to see all of the great games. This game starts at 10:30 EDT, which is 7:30 PDT. I took Iowa in this game for a very simple reason. Arizona is a good team that will be in contention for the Pac 10 title, though not favored by any stretch of the imagination. Iowa is a very good team that is not only one of the favorites to win the Big 10 title, but is in the National Championship picture. Arizona is not physical enough for Iowa.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It isn't even close to last week no doubt. Last week was a good early season schedule.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8798

Arizona's win over Toledo means squat, that is one horrible team

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You people are all saying what the books want you to say.

"Iowa's only -1/2? I'm all over them!!!"

This will be a huge public play, and a huge public bloodbath.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

here are some maybe's as far as good games (albeit unranked teams):

clemson/auburn
    california/nevada
    texas/texas tech

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You people are all saying what the books want you to say. "Iowa's only -1/2? I'm all over them!!!" This will be a huge public play, and a huge public bloodbath.
    So would you be willing to make a points bet? I take Iowa -2 and you take Arizona? 100 pts?

Think what you want, but this is a really tough Iowa squad that is flying under the radar. The Pac-10 won't see a defense like them the rest of the year.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PtShooter View Post
    Possibly, but tough to top Boise St/Va Tech.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very tough game to call. The difference is the Hawkeyes defense and physicality. Zona's O is slightly more capable, especially at home. But last time I checked defense wins big games, as long as they have a solid offense to go with it and Iowa does.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

This game could be physical just like last season when they played in Iowa City. However, Nick Foles wasn't the QB in that game which Iowa won 27-17. Then again, Foles *was* the QB when they got shutout by Nebraska 33-0 in the Holiday Bowl. Arizona always runs up the score on bad defenses and gets shut down against good ones. Iowa -2 seems like a bargain.

I also love Nebraska -4 @ Washington and Cal -2 @ Nevada. For all the talk about Nevada's high powered offense, they got EMBARASSED by SMU in the Hawaii bowl last year, and shut out by Notre Dame's notoriously atrocious offense last season.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    So would you be willing to make a points bet? I take Iowa -2 and you take Arizona? 100 pts?

Think what you want, but this is a really tough Iowa squad that is flying under the radar. The Pac-10 won't see a defense like them the rest of the year.
    You want to bet 100 points when you have 61?

Again, I like Iowa. I don't see how they're "flying under the radar" -- they're a Top-10 team. Fact of the matter is, they have three new starters on the OL, two new LB's and a questionable PK game. Those are the kinds of issues that don't surface vs. EIU and ISU at home, but will in the desert against a Top-25 team IMHO.

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

I-O-W-A

I will have our fans rocking for this one. Many black/gold will be in attendance

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

fish didn't you just crush half the forum with your Iowa State play last week...what's your play on this game? Zona

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Windy City View Post
    fish didn't you just crush half the forum with your Iowa State play last week...what's your play on this game? Zona

Yes, had ISU and crushed a few posters with the play.

NO PLAY HERE

mhossa
    mhossa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Yes, had ISU and crushed a few posters with the play.

NO PLAY HERE
    Iowa played maybe their best first half of football against ISU last week in Ferentz tenure here. I think you're greatly underestimating just how dominating our offensive and defensive lines looked, Stanzi had one or two bad passes instead of having 1 or 2 horrific passes, and the offense seems to be clicking and putting up points early. We didn't even blitz once. Tarpinian made his first start at MLB and looked much more athletic than Angerer ever did. Robinson looked like a best, and our D-line had them under raps, despite mostly playing contain. Arnaud threw the ball 44 times to Stanzi's 18, and Ricky still had more yards.

I was real scared about Arizona coming into this season, but last weekend changed my mind. I think our defensive line is too dominant, and our LBs and secondary are too athletic. Hell I even remember AC running down Grigsby from behind last year. 7 of their points were on a pick 6, and our offense played pretty mediocre last year. This is an Iowa team that hasn't looked fazed while playing on the road in a while. I think Iowa will win pretty easily.

FWIW I took them big at -2. But, to each his own.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by mhossa View Post
    Iowa played maybe their best first half of football against ISU last week in Ferentz tenure here. I think you're greatly underestimating just how dominating our offensive and defensive lines looked, Stanzi had one or two bad passes instead of having 1 or 2 horrific passes, and the offense seems to be clicking and putting up points early. We didn't even blitz once. Tarpinian made his first start at MLB and looked much more athletic than Angerer ever did. Robinson looked like a best, and our D-line had them under raps, despite mostly playing contain. Arnaud threw the ball 44 times to Stanzi's 18, and Ricky still had more yards.

I was real scared about Arizona coming into this season, but last weekend changed my mind. I think our defensive line is too dominant, and our LBs and secondary are too athletic. Hell I even remember AC running down Grigsby from behind last year. 7 of their points were on a pick 6, and our offense played pretty mediocre last year. This is an Iowa team that hasn't looked fazed while playing on the road in a while. I think Iowa will win pretty easily.

1. Let's not go overboard with Tarpinian here.......Angerer was/is a very fast and athletic linebacker, good enough that he is playing in the NFL

2. The IOWA DL is most certainly scary GOOD......AWESOME......SPECTACULAR...... ......agree. However, let's not go overboard on saying Iowa's secondary is to athletic.

3. Agree, road games and a hostile crowd will not be a factor, hell, 20,000 Iowa fans are expected in Arizona.

4. Why in the world would you bet them big at -2 when there are tons of -1.5 and even a few -1's around??......not sharp.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If AZ can run the ball they will win. If not, Iowa cruises.

kanak_attack
    kanak_attack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

this is a tuffy. gl

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by mhossa View Post

I stopped reading when you talked up Tarp over Angerer. Give me a break.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Cal and Nevada is a great game also

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

12,000 expected Iowa fans in the stadium. Phenomenal turnout for a non conference road game halfway across country. Best fans in college football.

12 Last