Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

Mia/Bos game 5

Despite Porzingis out and Tatum tainted this is a dangerous game to bet. In fact many elimination games are so. The heat will fight early, but if early/once the end is apparent, they may pack it in late and head for God knows where.
    Points Awarded:

SBR Andy gave Madison 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25099

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Despite Porzingis out and Tatum tainted this is a dangerous game to bet. In fact many elimination games are so. The heat will fight early, but if early/once the end is apparent, they may pack it in late and head for God knows where.
    Knew some College players. They literally had flights booked for Spring Break.

Wouldn't the MIA want to vacation IN MIAMI?

ChuckyTheGoat

See my pick thread. I took an Action play on MIA +14.

The Porzingis adjustment should be bigger. Jaquez injury should be no big deal.

G Delon Wright has some very good Ast/TO #s. Should run the point well tonite.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Watch for the BOS bench to step up big at home tonight.

Just saying, I guess. that teams on the verge of vacation often give up late once the inevitable show up.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30694

Heat aren't really like that though. They fight the entire 48 minutes and never give up

If they lose big it's because they are very depleted and Boston is just that much better

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14632

I’m on the under. Don’t think from the Miami side they will put up much.

ChuckyTheGoat

Watch for the BOS bench to step up big at home tonight.

Just saying, I guess. that teams on the verge of vacation often give up late once the inevitable show up.

Love the BOS bench. But they have to play longer MIN tonite.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7002

T Herro was already in vacation mode ... dude is exposed without Butler for some odd reason. Couldn't hit an outside shot to save his life.

Average ass bum... so happy they are gone please no more miracle "Heat to the Finals" ever again because the only good thing about that is you pay the price for the other team to win but it costs a lot and you have to wait for 5 or 6 games to get paid

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Love the BOS bench. But they have to play longer MIN tonite.
    Guy who needs to play more = Kornet. Guy is pretty damn good.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22965

Go celts

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Heat aren't really like that though. They fight the entire 48 minutes and never give up

If they lose big it's because they are very depleted and Boston is just that much better

WEll, how they are/might be built is an afterthought. One needs to assess today, and who is and isn't ready to play. Can't say much more as it's past posting, but you get my point made above.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    I’m on the under. Don’t think from the Miami side they will put up much.
    Interesting ... I'm more a fan than a gambler in my later years but from game 3 on I was thinking under. You can go to the bank on figuring out wether BOS will commit defensively. They're going to score except the aberration, but whether or not they bring their D? That's in question.

I ask all, who has/is a better guard combo def/Off combo than white/Holiday.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    T Herro was already in vacation mode ... dude is exposed without Butler for some odd reason. Couldn't hit an outside shot to save his life.

Average ass bum... so happy they are gone please no more miracle "Heat to the Finals" ever again because the only good thing about that is you pay the price for the other team to win but it costs a lot and you have to wait for 5 or 6 games to get paid
    He gets abused physically. Say what you will about Tatum/Brown but physically they have gone to the next level.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

He could be the most unrecognized role player in the league. Kudos to him as he's really made a nice little contributor of himself. It's kind of fun to see guys like him find a role and succeed!!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Plus, every minute he is 0/0 plus minus he saves Horford/Porzingis.

asiagambler

WEll, how they are/might be built is an afterthought. One needs to assess today, and who is and isn't ready to play. Can't say much more as it's past posting, but you get my point made above.
    Your point was just a big cliche and not much relevance is what I was saying. If you've watched Heat basketball at all under Spoelstra, they are the last team to "pack it in" because they are losing in an elimination game or otherwise

If they were down by 12-15 points with like a minute left or something, then they were still going to fight until the very end. They wouldn't suddenly decide to just quit with a minute left after 82+ games which is the only way what you said would be relevant

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Your point was just a big cliche and not much relevance is what I was saying. If you've watched Heat basketball at all under Spoelstra, they are the last team to "pack it in" because they are losing in an elimination game or otherwise

If they were down by 12-15 points with like a minute left or something, then they were still going to fight until the very end. They wouldn't suddenly decide to just quit with a minute left after 82+ games which is the only way what you said would be relevant
    The heat were a beaten team from the tip of game 5. Enough said.

asiagambler

The heat were a beaten team from the tip of game 5. Enough said.
    Yes because they are very depleted and Boston is just that much better

ChuckyTheGoat

He could be the most unrecognized role player in the league. Kudos to him as he's really made a nice little contributor of himself. It's kind of fun to see guys like him find a role and succeed!!
    I really think he could make some $$ in the Free Agent market. Very nice player.

Been saying that the Boston bench is very good. Hope my Boston bets plays out in the East.

ChuckyTheGoat

Plus, every minute he is 0/0 plus minus he saves Horford/Porzingis.
    Madison, I've come to appreciate +/- more. Less and less impressed by boxscore stats.

Hi-usage players are some of the most overrated in the league. Game of size and mobility.