budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1157

Here we go again with Kawhi

Mysterious knee issue. Partly practiced. May or may not play game 1.

This guy is impossible. I can't believe they added him to the olympic basketball team. they should take him off, they now have reason to.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16301

Strange timing for that 12th selection, and a strange choice overall really, but he's in that elder generation clique.

budwiser

yeah the timing is horrendous

kawhi did the same thing during the previous 2 playoffs.
    mystery knee injury. might play might not

i think everyone is afraid of criticizing him. remember he sulked about pop and nobody could figure out why

IBetYou

People are saying Brunson should have been selected. Bridges would have been my choice. A younger Leonard, willing to do the dirty work.

Why Embiid is on the team I don't know... I thought USA were this dominant basketball nation, but they have to steal from Cameroon?

IBetYou

Always a shame in basketball when the rich get richer. Like when the Warriors got Durant for Barnes on the heels of a 72 win season.

Serbia don't do this naturalizing player nonsense.

budwiser

look at that roster again, almost every guy on that team is old and/or has injury problems

other than halliburton and edwards this team has a problem. too old. that's the achilles heel

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    look at that roster again, almost every guy on that team is old and/or has injury problems

other than halliburton and edwards this team has a problem. too old. that's the achilles heel
    The FIBA game is 40mins. And there's 12 of them. The centre spot was their lone weakness but they have gone the naturalised route like what small Euro countries do.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    The FIBA game is 40mins. And there's 12 of them. The centre spot was their lone weakness but they have gone the naturalised route like what small Euro countries do.
    is there going to be any serious competition to team usa? if not doesn't matter who they pick

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    is there going to be any serious competition to team usa? if not doesn't matter who they pick
    Not really. France have the twin towers (Wemby/ Gobert) and Fournier can still score. That might be their toughest test. No titan among the European national teams these days. Serbia have Bogdan & Jokic but they're going through a generational change with a young supporting cast coming up.

IBetYou

Spain are the other good team. Getting Rubio back from his depression, or whatever it was. Balanced squad that is extremely well coached.

I can't take Slovenia seriously. Not a real team.

IBetYou

Forgot about Canada... but their main problem is - like USA - the centre spot. So maybe they can steal Ayton from the Bahamain NT and challenge the "Dream team"

budwiser

Thanks.

I noticed Team USA roster is 100% black. They could have stuck a Reaves in there just to make it look fair. lol