stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32492

Rams +3 (-105) Lions

I just think the Rams right now are the better team now that Stafford and Williams are 100 percent.
    Rams are hot coming into this game, winning seven out of their last eight, the lone loss being on a walk off punt return in Baltimore last month which was kind of a fluke.

True all five of the previous Rams games have been decided by one score, and one can argue they should have lost that Giants game, but as I like to say, "What's the bottom line?"
    Winner's win.

I like what Detroit has done the past two years, I like Goff, when he was breaking into the NFL I caught a lot of shit defending him, I like St. Brown too. I always liked Coach Campbell, loved him when he played for my NY Giants.
    Lions with Cambell is an easy team to root for.

Thing is Goff is pick prone, threw more INT's that Stafford (who can throw head scratching INT's as well) in two more games started.

I trust Stafford more in this spot than Goff, now that Cooper Kupp is healthy Stafford has one more option to go to besides Nacua (who finished fourth in league in receiving yards right behind St. John)

Kyren Williams led the NFL averaging 95 rush yards, per game (look it up) in only 12 games, would have won the NFL rushing crown from CMC if he made every start.

I like both coaches, McVay has won a ring, I like McVay better.
    I like LA's rush attack better, now that Kupp and Nacua are a 1-2 tandem I like the Rams pass attack much better.
    (Both TE's should start but are dinged up)

You can pass on both team's defenses, and both teams run defenses are pretty stout though.
    IMO both defenses overall are even though I've heard Detroit has the better team defense.

For the reasons stated above, I like the Rams despite Detroit's home field advantage.

RAMS +3 (-105)
    Points Awarded:

Headsterx gave stevenash 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DonnieBrasco23

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Great write up Nasher enjoyed it. I hit this one for 3 units +3.5 so needless to say it’s an important wager for me to end my week.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9616

Think the Rams just have edges in all areas, QB, WR, coach, best individual defensive player.

Lions do have the better kicker, which could be huge. Rams going back to Maher, who they cut after the Steelers game. Sam Maher who missed three extra points for Dallas in the playoffs last year against Tampa.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Think the Rams just have edges in all areas, QB, WR, coach, best individual defensive player.

Lions do have the better kicker, which could be huge. Rams going back to Maher, who they cut after the Steelers game. Sam Maher who missed three extra points for Dallas in the playoffs last year against Tampa.
    True, true.

I looked at the special teams too, I even said to myself before placing my wager "watch the kicking game screw me here."
    What did Bill Parcells like to say " Three aspects of the game, offense, defense, and special teams, you need to win two of those three to win".

(Or something to that effect)

Seattle Slew

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    True, true.

I looked at the special teams too, I even said to myself before placing my wager "watch the kicking game screw me here."
    What did Bill Parcells like to say " Three aspects of the game, offense, defense, and special teams, you need to win two of those three to win".

(Or something to that effect)
    Maher is all streaks. He either makes a bunch in a row, or misses a bunch. McVay will know early what to do if he starts shanking kicks or extra points.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9469

Lets go LA

Seattle Slew

How about this, if Green Bay and the Rams both win, the Eagles are in position for a divisional home playoff game next week against the Rams.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieBrasco23 View Post
    Great write up Nasher enjoyed it. I hit this one for 3 units +3.5 so needless to say it’s an important wager for me to end my week.
    Appreciate that.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Lets go LA
    I wonder who Jaker is rooting for?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13364

I wonder who Jaker is rooting for?
    Lol

I think it's going to be a good game. Hopefully Rams come through. This has been a great season either way.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25004

I think we're due for a tight game at this point. This is still the playoffs, right?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2405

I hate LA but love free nachos more so go Rams!

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I'm on the rams as well. I've picked every game right so far and so far every game has been a total rocking chair sleeper of a win. That teaser with dallas was also a sleeper for the loser column.
    Detroit is a good story but they're D fense isn't going to hold up in my opinion. I expect points and in the end, the Rams come through and cover. I do hope the Lions win, but the cash goes on the Rams.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1157

unfortunately a lot of us on the rams but my play is rams also

hopefully we're right cause that's not usually a good sign

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6590

Guess I'm on an island on my own. Riding the D-train.

Edit: Me and Lakerboy...

Last edited by swordsandtequila; 01-14-24 at 07:01 PM.

Slurry Pumper

Gonna take the over 10.5 +130 (draftkings) in the 1st quarter. I liek the payout and I think this game gets going right off the bat.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Slurry Pumper 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

Goff should be good for a couple turn overs and -40 yards lost from being sacked.

Puka Nacua is having himself a record year, hope he plays on.

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I'm on the rams as well. I've picked every game right so far and so far every game has been a total rocking chair sleeper of a win. That teaser with dallas was also a sleeper for the loser column.
    Detroit is a good story but they're D fense isn't going to hold up in my opinion. I expect points and in the end, the Rams come through and cover. I do hope the Lions win, but the cash goes on the Rams.
    Wow! So we're going to get 4 in the row blowouts?

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post

what are you talking about

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post

Well that would wild, but the rams backers will take a last minute TD from the Lions with a gamble 2 point conversion either way to get that cash.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13364

There's a few things I like for the Rams here (other than being a massive homer )

Rams strength of schedule vs Lions SOS. Lions have had an easier road to get here.

Rams are hot and have been playing their best ball coming into the playoffs.

Experience
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DonnieBrasco23

Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1595

I’ll take Stafford over Goff anyday

budwiser

I just think the Rams right now are the better team now that Stafford and Williams are 100 percent.
    Rams are hot coming into this game, winning seven out of their last eight, the lone loss being on a walk off punt return in Baltimore last month which was kind of a fluke.

True all five of the previous Rams games have been decided by one score, and one can argue they should have lost that Giants game, but as I like to say, "What's the bottom line?"
    Winner's win.

I like what Detroit has done the past two years, I like Goff, when he was breaking into the NFL I caught a lot of shit defending him, I like St. Brown too. I always liked Coach Campbell, loved him when he played for my NY Giants.
    Lions with Cambell is an easy team to root for.

Thing is Goff is pick prone, threw more INT's that Stafford (who can throw head scratching INT's as well) in two more games started.

I trust Stafford more in this spot than Goff, now that Cooper Kupp is healthy Stafford has one more option to go to besides Nacua (who finished fourth in league in receiving yards right behind St. John)

Kyren Williams led the NFL averaging 95 rush yards, per game (look it up) in only 12 games, would have won the NFL rushing crown from CMC if he made every start.

I like both coaches, McVay has won a ring, I like McVay better.
    I like LA's rush attack better, now that Kupp and Nacua are a 1-2 tandem I like the Rams pass attack much better.
    (Both TE's should start but are dinged up)

You can pass on both team's defenses, and both teams run defenses are pretty stout though.
    IMO both defenses overall are even though I've heard Detroit has the better team defense.

For the reasons stated above, I like the Rams despite Detroit's home field advantage.

RAMS +3 (-105)
    kupp in and the Detroit te laporta in though it's hard for me to imagine him being 100%

agree mcvay better xs and os coach. plus he knows everything about goff

Seattle Slew

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs83 View Post
    I’ll take Stafford over Goff anyday
    Stafford booed heavily when he came out. Pretty lame. Guy took a pounding for 12 years for that team.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4202

If the Lions lose, then is BLM in Detroit ready to start riots and burn down the city?

Slurry Pumper

I can't believe I'm taking Stat Padford on the road tonight but the Rams are playing well. Lets get this going right from the start and see these teams run up and down the field to get me that 1st quarter over 10.5. I like the game over as well. Shyt I got several bets on this game, that is scary if the Rams get shut down, I'm screwed and will have to make up for it wit ha good day during the week in the markets.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25004

Eminem is on the Lions.

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    what are you talking about
    Slurry has been picking winners in the playoffs. All of his 3 picks resulted in blowout wins. He's picking Rams. So will tonight be 4 blowout wins in a row?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Stafford booed heavily when he came out. Pretty lame. Guy took a pounding for 12 years for that team.
    Slewy, has OldBill found your house yet? I heard he's rollin' up in a 85' Pinto to take you on a date!

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Eminem is on the Lions.
    He'll "lose himself" for being a homer.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    If the Lions lose, then is BLM in Detroit ready to start riots and burn down the city?
    Detroit is overdue for some riots and some big fires after all. I think its been since the 60's riots. Its overdue.

Headsterx

Get ready for another shit show of sports coverage...

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Detroit is overdue for some riots and some big fires after all. I think its been since the 60's riots. Its overdue.
    Have you seen the Detroit Metro area lately, if they riot there will be no property damage.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Eminem is on the Lions.

Headsterx

Guess who's back? Stafford's back!

1234 Last