k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

How can you not take Chiefs next week in the playoffs?

Miami is screwed.
    Everything will be against them.

All the fish on a road dog and line going the other way already.

This is like an 85% win here.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4202

Dude. Isn't this a little early? I didn't even know the matchups yet, and you already degened.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25004

All the fish on a road dog? What the hell does that even mean?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19774

I think he means all the squares are on the Dolphins but the Chiefs are getting the money; way more bettors one way, way more money the other.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I think he means all the squares are on the Dolphins but the Chiefs are getting the money; way more bettors one way, way more money the other.
    There's a fundamental problem with this assessment tho... The average joe isn't betting on a Sunday night for next week's games. That's just not how squares roll. Money this early is from bettors trying to capture an edge with a given number, not saying they're all sharp necessarily, but not what I would call square money.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 01-08-24 at 02:00 AM.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Eddy Munny 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    There's a fundamental problem and with this assessment... The average joe isn't betting on a Sunday night for next week's games. That's just not how squares roll. Money this early is from bettors trying to capture an edge with a given number, not saying they're all sharp necessarily, but not what I would call square money.
    I don't agree with that either. I wait until the last 15-20 minutes before the game because Line Movements are very important to me. More important to me than betting something Sunday night a week before the games.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave hehfest 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19774

I don't know if his assessment is correct, but that sounds like what it is; I'm not touching the game.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21845

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I don't agree with that either. I wait until the last 15-20 minutes before the game because Line Movements are very important to me. More important to me than betting something Sunday night a week before the games.
    That's a terrible plan. You're either betting on anti-steam, which is bad. Or you're betting with the steam at a bad number, which is also bad. Why don't you think the closing line is efficient?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 458

Not a lot of money bet a week before the game. Line movements that early could be a couple hundred dollar bets. Very easy to move line when there is light action.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    That's a terrible plan. You're either betting on anti-steam, which is bad. Or you're betting with the steam at a bad number, which is also bad. Why don't you think the closing line is efficient?
    Maybe but when you bet early you are actually gambling aka guessing. I do agree that the closing line isn't the be all and end all but the money coming in closer to the game is usually fairly accurate.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    You don't have to bet right now but the Chiefs are the play unless something changes leading up to the game.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Miami is a fraud. Their offense is good vs trash teams.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8881

Miami 31 Kansas City 30

lakerboy

Mia might cover the 3.5 and lose at least that's what I think and books will be happy with that.

That hook is crucial

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8833

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    You don't have to bet right now but the Chiefs are the play unless something changes leading up to the game.
    Plenty can change leading up to the game. Primarily the health of several key players for Miami. Although KC are a very average team right now , I would back them -3 if Waddle , T.Hill , both Def ends and safeties are all still banged up. Otherwise , I think Miami may well be the better team right now

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2966

Also one has to consider the revenge angle as well if you are going to wager on the Chiefs/Dolphins game. KC beat them in Germany earlier in the year 21 - 14. but like Franz and others have already mentioned, the biggest and main concern/issue with this game is the health and injury concern of the Dolphins. lot's of players banged up while the Chiefs are healthy (relatively speaking). only a few players nicked up but all of the key cogs and core players are ready to go.

k13

Spread goes under -3 then mind can change otherwise too strong of a position by books.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6585

I like revenge angles but mainly when a team gets upset then gets another shot. Or even if the team who lost is clearly really good. I’m sure Miami wanted revenge last night, for instance. They just haven’t done enough to prove their worth yet. Definitely on a good trajectory but not there yet and I don’t see their proving grounds being Arrowhead on a January night on the world renowned Peacock internet television service.

Also…one thing I usually don’t care much about is weather, but this game is gonna be colder than the frozen sperm coming out of Santa Claus’s nude erect penis with a candy cane hanging off of it after he spent all night delivering presents in the subzero atmosphere. Or at least that’s how cold it will feel to the poor Miami Dolphins.

Suffice it to say I like KC in this matchup. I’ll watch the line and see how all that shakes out before playing it but that’s where I am at the moment
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave texhooper 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30682

Looks too easy. But remember Chiefs have the worst WR group in NFL history

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2537

Chiefs have been so non clutch this year. If it hits 4 then I'm taking the Dolphins.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Looks too easy. But remember Chiefs have the worst WR group in NFL history
    There is a reason the line is so small for Chiefs and it is not because it is a steal. Books obviously know something else Chiefs would have been a much bigger favorite.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I understand your theory here, but its worked for me for years this way.

1. It gives me more time to get the best idea of where the public is really going based on my gut (not web sites information)
    2. I pay close attention to the very late line movements that I have been studying for years.

And, at the end of the day, how many games come down burn you and fall close to the spread anyway? Sure, I could get a bad number now and again by waiting and it could affect me. Case in point: I would've bet the Colts early in the week accordingly this last game. However, by waiting, I got a good feel about the game. I didn't like the line movement I saw leading up to game-time so I just didn't bet the game.

I'm not saying by waiting it can't affect me negatively sometimes too, but for me its what works. Perhaps, betting right away is what works for you.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30682

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    There is a reason the line is so small for Chiefs and it is not because it is a steal. Books obviously know something else Chiefs would have been a much bigger favorite.
    Tua is terrible. Always chokes when the game is on the line

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Tua is terrible. Always chokes when the game is on the line
    I agree..but the line is only a FG. It should have been a TD but it is not. Why were books affraid to open Chiefs -7?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2966

I agree..but the line is only a FG. It should have been a TD but it is not. Why were books affraid to open Chiefs -7?
    Because this is the NFL and these guys are professionals and Miami (even with all of their injuries) is still a talented playoff team with a very explosive offense. and up until that shellacking in Baltimore two weeks ago they were considered one of the top teams in the AFC that could make a Super Bowl run. Furthermore, let's not act like the Chiefs have been world beaters either and blowing teams out. they have had their fair share of problems as well this year and have also struggled too. Even Mahomes is having a down year with TE Travis Kelce as his only reliable weapon and no elite caliber wide receivers on the roster. Simply put, Dolphins are a very live dog that can not only cover but win this game outright as well.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2537

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Because this is the NFL and these guys are professionals and Miami (even with all of their injuries) is still a talented playoff team with a very explosive offense. and up until that shellacking in Baltimore two weeks ago they were considered one of the top teams in the AFC that could make a Super Bowl run. Furthermore, let's not act like the Chiefs have been world beaters either and blowing teams out. they have had their fair share of problems as well this year and have also struggled too. Even Mahomes is having a down year with TE Travis Kelce as his only reliable weapon and no elite caliber wide receivers on the roster. Simply put, Dolphins are a very live dog that can not only cover but win this game outright as well.
    Glad to see someone is thinking!
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave klemopixx 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2864

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Stop it, we only care about the number because that determines everything, the players have no bearing on games.

How does one insert blue font? Asking for a friend

Eddy Munny

This line was never going to be -7. C'mon man... You also have to factor in players that could return this week like Waddle, Xavier Howard, and Jevon Holland. The game they played in Germany was competitive, a couple of flukes put MIA in an early hole.

lakerboy

Not a TD but -4.5 was fair.

I fully expect KC to win and not cover. Fg win. Typical KC bs then they will go to buffalo.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

I fully expect KC to win and not cover. Fg win. Typical KC bs then they will go to buffalo.
    I think it should get to 4, especially once the chatter about the weather pushes people towards the KC side. Highs on Saturday are supposed to be 14 and since they're playing at night they'll be facing colder temps than that.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

This line was never going to be -7. C'mon man... You also have to factor in players that could return this week like Waddle, Xavier Howard, and Jevon Holland. The game they played in Germany was competitive, a couple of flukes put MIA in an early hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

So you guys are saying that this year's Dolphins are better than last year's Bengals? The Bengals were -6.5 last year in Kansas City. I thought the line would be higher than 3.5. Chiefs were always about a TD favorite at home in past years in the playoffs.

I stilly think there is something fishy with this line and I'm not touching it.

lakerboy

I think it should get to 4, especially once the chatter about the weather pushes people towards the KC side. Highs on Saturday are supposed to be 14 and since they're playing at night they'll be facing colder temps than that.
    Agreed.

People are probably thinking of fading the fish because they have lost the last two games and they won't be able to play in that weather apparently. They played pretty well in Buffalo last season and it wasn't hot in January. The game in Germany the chiefs didn't score the entire second hf.

Eddy Munny

So you guys are saying that this year's Dolphins are better than last year's Bengals? The Bengals were -6.5 last year in Kansas City. I thought the line would be higher than 3.5. Chiefs were always about a TD favorite at home in past years in the playoffs.

Chiefs were perceived to be elite last year, they've lost a lot of luster this season. They also had a bye in the WC round and the Bengals were playing their 2nd consecutive road game. If I remember correctly, Cincy's entire offensive line was banged up as well... I think 4 out of 5 starters were missing.

lakerboy

Bengals closed+2.5 in that game. They opened up as a favorite and it went all over the place.

KC was-7 the year before in the AFC championship game.

Completely different situation though because those were the AFC championship games.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10530

Can you really trust Tua in a must win game winning drive situation in a close game at the end?

Can you trust KC wide receivers to make plays consistently throughout a big game?

Defensively not sure Miami can get pressure at all which means Mahomes has all day and eats.

Miami will have to rely on big plays by Tyreek, Waddle or Achane which is certainly possible but also relying on big plays just isn’t a consistent strategy, especially in cold weather, on the road in loud stadiums. Maybe McDaniels has a super secret nerd playbook saved up for this game cause gonna need it.

123 Last