risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

Which NFL teams are falling on their sword this weekend?

With motivation from individual player bonus incentives and the “just get in” mentality, the league has some interesting possible wild card alignments pending.

That being said what teams are staring down the reality of being taken out to the wood shed?

In the NFC, I am not sure that the Packers want to take their very young team into Dallas and get pulverized, Dom Cappers isn’t around to help that defense and while Love shows potential, they are green (pun intended) and banged up. Facing a Bears team that is building chemistry, I wouldn’t side with Pack here.

The Seahawks just have to beat the lowly Cardinals, and they are rewarded with heading back to Dallas for a rematch of their MNF showdown, in which Seahawks came out chippy, playing physical, and trying to make a statement. They snuck in to take the lead at end of first half and lead by 8 starting 4th quarter. Only to lose by 6. Probably the best matchup for league as far as watchable football. But what if the Seahawks lose to the rival Cards? It’s not far fetched.

These scenarios are of ASSuming Tampa and Cowboys win.

If Saint win and both Packers and Seahawks lose, then it’s the dark horse Saints sneaking in to face the Cowboys, which would be interesting as the Saints have disappointed all year but seem to have sparked lately, and with Taysom hill in the mix, it’s great viewing for the variety of looks they give a defense. However if the Saint lose and Seahawks lose, the short straw falls in the Packers no matter if they win or lose.

In the AFC the Bills @ Dolphins strategically placed late is mastery. I have a hunch that either Baltimore or Titans win, as long they both don’t win, Miami would be facing having to beat the Bills in B2B games at home if they win on Sunday night. The Dolphins are 1-10 vs the Bills as of lately and 1-4 in post season. If the Bills win Sunday night, Miami would go to KC. Playing @ KC theoretically isn’t ideal but the Chiefs have not been firing on all cylinders, Miami has lost their last 4 matchups vs Chiefs (it’s about to pop) but are 3-0 in postseason play.

If CJ Stroud is the NFL’s darling this year, a Titan or Raven win let’s him win and be in scenario.

Reading the tea leaves, these 4 dogs have value imo…
    Bears
    Titans
    Ravens
    Cardinals

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25097

I'm on record as saying that I expect the Ravens to put in a monumental lay-down.

If their motivation is to knock out the Bills, then their result is anti-correlated to them winning.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

packers got elinated losing to BUCS as other teams also lost to them 8 total making it an inc redible 0 -- 269 none win ning a sb even 4 teams that got there lost s/u and to the spread recent one falcons + 3 dog blew a 25 point lead lost in ot by 6

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I can see GB winning in Dallas because losing that type of game is exactly what Dallas does.