LCLegend24
    LCLegend24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Major Issue with BetMGM NY

I’m new to this site, but honestly idk where else to go. I have been trying to get an issue resolved and haven’t had luck. I have been using this App for months now and I made a deposit yesterday and won a couple bets. I have since tried logging in and I’m getting a a 2 factor authentication on my account after my email and password saying “We can’t send you the verification code because your mobile number has an active Stop request for text messages. Please deactivate and try again.”

I have contacted 10 live chat reps and they tell me to either email them a screenshot (I have 3 times) or to delete and reinstall the app. Turn off my wifi and try it or try a different device. I have sent an UNSTOP message to the number. (I sent a STOP months ago and never needed this until now all the sudden) I have done all that and still nothing. I am getting zero help from anyone. Is there a number or anything I can do? Please help!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9585

Quote Originally Posted by LCLegend24 View Post
    I’m new to this site, but honestly idk where else to go. I have been trying to get an issue resolved and haven’t had luck. I have been using this App for months now and I made a deposit yesterday and won a couple bets. I have since tried logging in and I’m getting a a 2 factor authentication on my account after my email and password saying “We can’t send you the verification code because your mobile number has an active Stop request for text messages. Please deactivate and try again.”

I have contacted 10 live chat reps and they tell me to either email them a screenshot (I have 3 times) or to delete and reinstall the app. Turn off my wifi and try it or try a different device. I have sent an UNSTOP message to the number. (I sent a STOP months ago and never needed this until now all the sudden) I have done all that and still nothing. I am getting zero help from anyone. Is there a number or anything I can do? Please help!
    If you PM message me your account number we can reach out to a CS manager and ask if they can offer more help.

I think you should call your phone provider and make sure they are not the ones blocking the book texts first though.

Optional

You can also try this number to call them 423-345-1561

LCLegend24

I tried calling the number you gave me and I sat on hold for 5 min and they said all agents are busy and to try again later and then hung up. I’ll message my account info. Thanks for your help!

LCLegend24

I also contacted Verizon and they said the issue isn’t on their end. There is no block

Again, I have sent 4 emails now and talked to 10 live chat reps with no resolution. I have a few hundred dollars in the account and have not been able to access it. All of my authentications the last month have been the last 4 of my SS# and my DOB and yesterday after I deposited and made 3 bets they started the phone number and I can’t access my account now

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Serious question. Is your phone up-to-date or have you rebooted it lately? Little stuff like that is always good to try first.

LCLegend24

Yea bud I’m all good with being up to date. I even checked after I read your post to be sure. I appreciate the input though! I did live chat with another rep late last night and nothing came out of it.

LCLegend24

Optional have you heard anything yet? I messaged you too. Grateful for your help!

LCLegend24

Day 4 now without any resolution. 5 emails and 13 live chat reps. Even got a hold of customer service that Optional gave me and they have literally said “we sent this to our relevant team” and to give it 24-48 hours. Passed that and still nothing. Won’t even let me withdraw through customer service to my debit card I have saved on file through then I’ve made a bunch of withdrawals on already!

ridiculous

LCLegend24

I emailed them to close my account. Going on day 5 and still no resolution. They better refund me my money. Worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with in my life. Spoke to 2 phone reps yesterday and they told me my account was fixed and to try again. Tried each time while they were still there and didn’t work.

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1470

I would just go to MGM and talk with them in person at one of their many locations in almost any State

LCLegend24

There is none anywhere near Buffalo NY. I’d have to drive to New Jersey.

SomeDayinBuffalo
    SomeDayinBuffalo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1487

There is none anywhere near Buffalo NY. I’d have to drive to New Jersey.
    Road trip! Sounds like a fun weekend of betting.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Any new word on this?

Do they have one central email for all sportsbetting online ? If so, I'd appreciate getting it.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Any new word on this?

Do they have one central email for all sportsbetting online ? If so, I'd appreciate getting it.
    support@betmgmsports.com

Or they have state based email support. support.[STATE CODE]@betmgm.com

eg: support.nj@betmgm.com for New Jersey

LongBall52

Tks !

LongBall52

I emailed them to close my account. Going on day 5 and still no resolution. They better refund me my money. Worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with in my life. Spoke to 2 phone reps yesterday and they told me my account was fixed and to try again. Tried each time while they were still there and didn’t work.
    My phone is working fine, but like yourself am having difficulty with MGM. I'm on day 6 without getting my money. There is NO-ONE even in their chat. The phone number are the same response...No one is available.

No other company sports betting wise even comes close to how bad this outfit is. I think my last resort is to wait another full week and then contact the Virginia Lottery to file a complaint.

Sandybestdog
    Sandybestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 686

I was playing on MGM a decent amount about a year ago. When I would request a withdrawal, they email a confirmation code that you put in the app and push submit. Several times it would take over an hour for them to send the code. By this time the withdraw page would time out and you have to try again. This happened more than once. I tested my email and nothing wrong with it. It was a little inconvenient. Right about when I was about to blow up it would work. It seems to be working fine the past couple times I've used it but clearly they had/have a problem with their 2FA.