bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

How much would you pay to watch your NFL Team play per month or per Season?

So must people know about NFL Sunday Ticket where you can watch all of the NFL Games not in your market per week. Some people buy it because they want to watch every game they can at the comfort of their home but others don't won't to bother or think it costs too much. What about though if you are a fan of a team not in your market or want to watch a certain team play every season. How much would you be willing to pay to just watch that one team via a legal stream?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Zero
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16901

tree fiddy

Hugh Madbrough
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 468

The price for Sunday Ticket is insane. It's at $450. I used to get it in order to watch the Miami Dolphins and games I had money on but the price is not worth it. Also unless you have Direct TV you can only watch 1 game at a time.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2006

NFL REDZONE is the way to go

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2954

Zero...why pay when you can watch for free via live stream HD?!...I'm living halfway across the world in Cyprus right now and I can still watch my Redskins on various free live NFL streaming outlets on my 24" high resolution monitor!...not just them but any other game that I want to see!

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1100

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    This is really the only way to go.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12110

No seasoned gambler has the time to watch games. NFL season pass can kiss my ass. ; )

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    This is really the only way to go.
    Agreed MJ for the Sunday card every week. Watch complete games with commercials on the Prime Time slate.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

DirecTV owned the rights to Sunday Ticket... for how long? 25+ years? To say they didn't know the true "value" of the programming is an understatement. I'd like to know more of the details between YouTube and the NFL.... what was released to the public isn't everything. YouTube made an aggressive offer.... Goodell jumped immediately. DirecTV didn't make any additional offers because they already knew the revenue it brought in. If YouTube feels like they can surpass DirecTV gains.... more power to them... they won't though. It won't even be close.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21833

If they would show it true LIVE as it happens, I'd pay a lot for that. 2 minute delay I'd pay $0.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Zero...why pay when you can watch for free via live stream HD?!...I'm living halfway across the world in Cyprus right now and I can still watch my Redskins on various free live NFL streaming outlets on my 24" high resolution monitor!...not just them but any other game that I want to see!
    When time permits would you please extrapolate a bit on life in Cyprus and why a retired person might live a better life there???

Sorry about your Redskins afinity but looks NE is headed to similar results.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

I gave up many decades ago any allegiance to any team. My allegiance is very simply who can make me $$ this week.

Once upon a time I made a large bet against my peers and my "home team". I won and people asked how could you do that. One simple word "PROFIT". Fk those Aholes who couldn't give a shit if myself and family starved.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Madison 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I gave up many decades ago any allegiance to any team. My allegiance is very simply who can make me $$ this week.

Once upon a time I made a large bet against my peers and my "home team". I won and people asked how could you do that. One simple word "PROFIT". Fk those Aholes who couldn't give a shit if myself and family starved.
    I actually agree wholeheartedly with this post. I made tons of money fading "RG the turd"...Both the epitome and microcosm of Dan Snyder's ultimate failure as an NFL owner and one of the biggest draft busts in NFL History which extrapolated and propelled our once proud franchise into a laughingstock of the league.

Da Manster!

When time permits would you please extrapolate a bit on life in Cyprus and why a retired person might live a better life there???

Sorry about your Redskins afinity but looks NE is headed to similar results.
    Well to answer your question...A beautiful Greek island country in the Mediterranean Sea. A very popular tourist attraction throughout the world but primarily most of Europe. Hundreds (and I mean that literally) of smoking hot babes from all over the world and different nationalities including Russian, Romanian, Greek, German, Swedish, Finnish, French, Ukraine, etc. (insert whatever) going topless and wearing nothing but skimpy micro thongs and g-strings! I would post pics but every time I try it says "file too large" or some bullshit like that. Secondly, the cost of living is still very affordable over here. If you have a monthly pension or income around $2,500 per month you can literally live like a king and enjoy the good beach lifestyle! Partying, Dancing, Eating, Drinking, Gambling, and fukking your brains out!...That just about sums it up!
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Da Manster! 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mjsuax13

Agreed MJ for the Sunday card every week. Watch complete games with commercials on the Prime Time slate.
    Agreed. I really only watch end to end SNF/MNF. Everything else is red zone and the TNF just gets on my nerves. I mostly just need to know where my bet is at. Don’t have time for every single play.

mjsuax13

END OF THREAD. People always ask me my favorite team, my favorite team is whoever can come through for the cover.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave mjsuax13 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68787

Born, raised and lived here my entire life, Wash. D.C .or surrounding area has always been my home.

Been a Redskins fan my whole life but I never let it get in the way of a play. Well, not since about 40 years ago anyway.

Were you from around here? What made you a skins fan?

Sunday ticket guy here. Only way I can watch it anymore.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave str 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

I don't have an NFL team until Belichick is fired or retires.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25004

I would pay $8.32 for the season but that's after taxes and surcharges.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2858

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    DirecTV owned the rights to Sunday Ticket... for how long? 25+ years? To say they didn't know the true "value" of the programming is an understatement. I'd like to know more of the details between YouTube and the NFL.... what was released to the public isn't everything. YouTube made an aggressive offer.... Goodell jumped immediately. DirecTV didn't make any additional offers because they already knew the revenue it brought in. If YouTube feels like they can surpass DirecTV gains.... more power to them... they won't though. It won't even be close.
    Google could offer Ticket at a loss yearly and they wouldn't even feel it. It's about gaining additional Youtube tv subscribers and getting even more people under their umbrella of products and services. DirecTV on the other hand might suffer mightily like most other legacy cable providers. Youtube's nfl ticket will be accessible to way way more people given no need for an ugly dish on your house and less interruption issues.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I grew up loving and watching the Dallas Cowboys as a kid. They suck now. Pains me to watch them. I miss Troy Aikman and the boys!

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Born, raised and lived here my entire life, Wash. D.C .or surrounding area has always been my home.

Been a Redskins fan my whole life but I never let it get in the way of a play. Well, not since about 40 years ago anyway.

Were you from around here? What made you a skins fan?

Sunday ticket guy here. Only way I can watch it anymore.
    Yes sir! Born and raised in the DMV! Bleed Burgundy and Gold! and Red, White, and Blue for my beloved Caps!! Shed a few tears when we finally won the Stanley Cup in 2018!...Early childhood grew up in Alexandria, VA and Dale City! Was childhood friends with The Admiral himself, Mr. David Robinson! We lived on the same street only 3 houses apart. then moved and lived in Annapolis, MD for the last 35+ years or so until I moved to Cyprus last Summer to take care of mom.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13352

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    If they would show it true LIVE as it happens, I'd pay a lot for that. 2 minute delay I'd pay $0.
    On a related note, I was at the Rams preseason game vs chargers and they had a disclaimer on the big screen that basically prohibits any communication of game events/plays/etc. They are very aware of live betting and trying to stop any gambler's from getting an edge.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Google could offer Ticket at a loss yearly and they wouldn't even feel it. It's about gaining additional Youtube tv subscribers and getting even more people under their umbrella of products and services. DirecTV on the other hand might suffer mightily like most other legacy cable providers. Youtube's nfl ticket will be accessible to way way more people given no need for an ugly dish on your house and less interruption issues.
    They are in the data collection business. They look at any loss as acquisition cost.

Also had an interesting thing pop up on Peacock... Basically asked if you want to opt in to data sharing with the NFL . Lol fukk no

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

My favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. They may have to pay me to watch them these days. ; )

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    On a related note, I was at the Rams preseason game vs chargers and they had a disclaimer on the big screen that basically prohibits any communication of game events/plays/etc. They are very aware of live betting and trying to stop any gambler's from getting an edge.
    That’s interesting. How the hell will they stop it?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes sir! Born and raised in the DMV! Bleed Burgundy and Gold! and Red, White, and Blue for my beloved Caps!! Shed a few tears when we finally won the Stanley Cup in 2018!...Early childhood grew up in Alexandria, VA and Dale City! Was childhood friends with The Admiral himself, Mr. David Robinson! We lived on the same street only 3 houses apart. then moved and lived in Annapolis, MD for the last 35+ years or so until I moved to Cyprus last Summer to take care of mom.
    That's great! Born and raised in the Palisades/ MacArthur Blvd. corridor in D.C.. Went to high school in the hood about 2 blocks from the Capital. We used to play baseball against some Va. teams in high school, Ireton, Episcopal and Woodberry Forest but think they were over towards Fairfax more. Maybe not, never paid attention. Lol.
    Moved to North Laurel once I was working towards a career at the racetracks. Been here ever since.

I knew Mr. Robinson as well, but only a little. Met him a few times but trained for his coach at Navy, Pete Herrmann. His stable name was Hoops stable. Navy blue silks with a gold net and a ball swishing through it. Cool silks.

Went to a bunch of their home games. Both men a class act.

Good luck with your mom. Takes a good man to uproot for someone. Family first. Especially moms right?

All the best sir.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave str 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9156

agreed

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    I never said YouTube would take a loss overall. I said they would take a loss on Sunday Ticket. But I promise you once the deal is over... they will reconsider purchasing the rights from the NFL.

TheMoneyShot

Lions mania living near Detroit... I wouldn't pay a $1.00 to watch them. They are only popular right now because Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers all suck.

Ryan Porter
    Ryan Porter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 272

Lol. That's not why Lions are popular. That said, will never to watch sports when it's easy to stream them for free online.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Lions mania living near Detroit... I wouldn't pay a $1.00 to watch them. They are only popular right now because Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers all suck.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47621

Zilch..Red Zone is where it's at.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

I posted I watch Sunday ticket earlier.
    Red zone IS what I watch.
    Not sure where that other response came from. Lol.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    That’s interesting. How the hell will they stop it?
    Well, I thought about this. Here's my guess. Cell service at games in LA is awful even with full 5G coverage. You typically have to use the stadium wifi to text or check fantasy teams. Since they know that they likely will be the Internet provider of record, they might monitor traffic for specific key words or websites.

Idk just a guess. I'm all about live betting at games and fukkin tweeting about it

12 Last