Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Jets are going to win the AFC

Book it

vladfan
    vladfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13236

Not even going to win the AFC East, let alone the AFC Championship. I wish I could book it, would be the easiest money I've ever made.

KDeen10
    KDeen10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

Here's a trend for you. The recent GOATS Manning and Marsha Brady went to different teams that were already solid on defense and they went to multiple Super Bowls. Like Marsha, Rodgers is bringing players with him. The Jets are SOLID on defense and were very competitive with a horrible offense. They have improved on both sides of the ball and the players seem to like playing for the Arab.

AFC Champs!
    Last edited by KDeen10; 05-06-23 at 09:40 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47633

There's about 7-8 teams in the AFC that could easily get it done and it would not surprise me.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

BREECE HALL is a stud at RB

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8881

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Book it
    what year?

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    what year?
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Nate rasta 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9616

Salah's clock management and Hackett calling plays? What's not to like?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19774

In case you didn't notice, Rodgers is nowhere near the player he was. He couldn't get GB to the Super Bowl and they're better than the Jets.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22965

Paula U have no CLUE. MFM
    Quote Originally Posted by KDeen10 View Post
    Here's a trend for you. The recent GOATS Manning and Marsha Brady went to different teams that were already solid on defense and they went to multiple Super Bowls. Like Marsha, Rodgers is bringing players with him. The Jets are SOLID on defense and were very competitive with a horrible offense. They have improved on both sides of the ball and the players seem to like playing for the Arab.

AFC Champs!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6349

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Salah's clock management and Hackett calling plays? What's not to like?
    insufferable

The Jets coach had some questionable time-management decisions on his team’s final drive of their 20-17 loss to the Lions. The Jets got the ball with 1:49 left at their own 25 and with three timeouts. Saleh did not use his first timeout until there was 19 seconds left in the game.
    He could have used it after a 10-yard completion to Garrett Wilson with 53 seconds left. Instead, he let 20 seconds tick away before the Jets ran their next play.
    “I’ll look back at it,” Saleh said. “With three timeouts, I feel like anything in bounds, obviously, you can be aggressive, just trying to save as many timeouts as I can. I can probably look back at it and say we could’ve used one, for sure, but at the same time, when you have three timeouts, time is not an issue whether you use one there or not. But, yeah, I could always, in hindsight for me, call a timeout to settle the guys down. But, as far as from a time standpoint, you still have plenty of time with three timeouts.”

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Washed up Rodgers won't lead them anywhere.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Allure 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32491

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    BREECE HALL is a stud at RB
    Yes he is, thing is ACL injuries are tough to bounce back from, but Saleh says it won't be an issue.
    Hall's a terrific hybrid back.

The Pitt RB Izzy Abinikanda they drafted (stole) in the fifth round is another stud rusher.
    Led the ACC in rushing, rushing TD's... has the makings of an NFL stud back as well.

Rodgers is comfortable throwing to his buddy Lazard, Jets signed Hardman from KC.
    I really like Garrett Wilson, I'm a DFS and yearly fantasy geek, like some others here, I pay attention to Wilson too, he's got skills.
    Jets are weak at TE, doesn't matter much, Conklin, the kid that used to play for the Vikings, blocks well.

No reason for Rodgers to bitch and moan this season, he's got plenty o' tools to work with.
    Their defense is stout, their weakness is at safety, Sauce can cover both sides of the field.
    The special teams are decent, Zuerlein is good from up close, he's not good from distance, he doesn't have a cannon for a leg, and in todays NFL, almost every team has a place kicker that's pretty accurate from 55 yards out, Zuerlein you have to hold your breath everytime he tries a kick from 45 yards.

The class of that division are still the Bills, if you ask me that window is closing though.
    Josh Allen is clearly not the same QB without Dabol, their running attack is still not great, besides Diggs, what WR scares you there?
    Their strength is defense, and I'm not sure their unit is that much better than the Jets defense.

Miami?
    No disrespect to Tua, he's accurate as the day is long, he's not a deep threat, Miami is not going to contend in that division, I mean they have an elite with Hill, Waddle is fine but overrated IMO, Mostert as the lead back, meh, and they lost their TE.

New England?
    The game has passed Bill by, he's still living in the past when defense and ball control ruled, his offense is dull and boring and strikes fear in nobody's defense.

If I were a Jets fanboy, and I'm not, I'd be pumped for this upcoming season.
    They can win the division, Bills aren't a super team.
    Can NY stay healthy?

I'm a cradle to grave Gee-Men fan, my daddy was, and my grand daddy was, I'm a loyalist too, Jets fans are loyal, I place a premium on loyalty, Jets fans, like the Knicks fans, deserve a much better product than the garbage the previous owners and front office have been giving them.

Jets are a good bet to win that division, it's a two man race, that's it.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5976

If the Jets win the AFC I will post a video of me naked eating a live dog.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Buffalo and Balty going to be competitive too.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11744

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    You can't just keep reposting your old videos.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Gang Green will find a way to F this up. Don't worry. I hope allot of people take that futures bet so other teams odds get better from a players stand point.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8881

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25004

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    In case you didn't notice, Rodgers is nowhere near the player he was. He couldn't get GB to the Super Bowl and they're better than the Jets.
    Green Bay was only better at QB and offensive line. Now that the Jets have GB's quarterback, that's been rectified, and the Jets offensive line was all kinds of banged up last year, that's presumably been rectified. I don't see how this isn't an upgrade for both the Jets and ​Rodgers.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32491

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Green Bay was only better at QB and offensive line. Now that the Jets have GB's quarterback, that's been rectified, and the Jets offensive line was all kinds of banged up last year, that's presumably been rectified. I don't see how this isn't an upgrade for both the Jets and ​Rodgers.
    It is a major upgrade for Rodgers and the Jets.

As I posted earlier, the front office went out of their way to make Rodgers comfortable.
    The Jets obtained his WR Lazard from the Packers.
    They got him another WR from KC, Hardman.
    Rodgers has upfront blocking with the Jets now, a TE that blocks, he's got three capable receivers, drafted wisely, stole the ACC's leading rusher last year in the fifth round, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Even if Buffalo does win the division, and there's no reason to believe the AFC East winner will be New York, they are pretty much a sure thing for a WC.

One thing though, Rodgers isn't throwing against Pop Warner defenses four times a year any longer.
    He's going to miss those Vikings home and home series vs. Minny, where the defense is so putrid Ray Charles could light the secondary up for 400 plus yards on a regular basis.

And Ray Charles is both blind and dead.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30682

OL was the biggest question mark going into the draft. They needed a premium LT but Belichick engineered a trade with the Steelers to prevent that. I'm not sure you can say the oft-injured Billy Turner is the answer

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    OL was the biggest question mark going into the draft. They needed a premium LT but Belichick engineered a trade with the Steelers to prevent that. I'm not sure you can say the oft-injured Billy Turner is the answer
    No one is saying Billy Turner is the answer. Their offensive line will improve simply by getting guys back from injury. Becton, Duane Brown, AVT, and Max Mitchell were all out of the lineup at points last year and the offensive line suffered as a result, especially when the latter two were lost for the season.

If they can start the year with everyone available, they instantly go from a poor line to perhaps a slightly better than average NFL offensive line. Any contributions they get from the guys they drafted or acquired through FA is just a bonus.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25136

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Book it
    Giddyup. See you in September, Nate!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Giddyup. See you in September, Nate!
    Just wish there was a way to short some of these preposterous predictions. Rodgers might be lucky to make it to week 10 and then what??

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 370

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Does this mean love will b starting next ten years ???

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25136

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Just wish there was a way to short some of these preposterous predictions. Rodgers might be lucky to make it to week 10 and then what??
    Just wait for the schedule to come out. We'll see what sort of lines we see on the Jets/Rodgers.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Does this mean love will b starting next ten years ???
    Fifteen

johnnyvegas13

Fifteen
    Twenty

dogracin
    dogracin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

So you're telling me that the Jets defense is not better than Green Bay's has been, Rodgers always had trash for defense

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by dogracin View Post
    So you're telling me that the Jets defense is not better than Green Bay's has been, Rodgers always had trash for defense
    It is but still not superbowl caliber

asiagambler

No one is saying Billy Turner is the answer. Their offensive line will improve simply by getting guys back from injury. Becton, Duane Brown, AVT, and Max Mitchell were all out of the lineup at points last year and the offensive line suffered as a result, especially when the latter two were lost for the season.

If they can start the year with everyone available, they instantly go from a poor line to perhaps a slightly better than average NFL offensive line. Any contributions they get from the guys they drafted or acquired through FA is just a bonus.
    Becton = Bust
    Brown will be 38 years old this season

I'm not so sure there will be an improvement which isn't even that high a bar to begin with. Jets NEEDED to address their left tackle situation and they failed in my opinion

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12122

AR to old and on the decline, new system to learn also. Lucky if the Jets make the playoffs. Fade!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Becton = Bust
    Brown will be 38 years old this season

I'm not so sure there will be an improvement which isn't even that high a bar to begin with. Jets NEEDED to address their left tackle situation and they failed in my opinion
    You're missing the point. Even if Becton fails to live up to his lofty draft status he's an improvement over the turnstiles they had as options after he went down. Brown is depth at the position, which is something. Mitchell exceeded expectations at RT last year until he was lost to injury, and Vera-Tucker is one of the best players on the team, period. Health up front can only make this line better. There's really no argument to the contrary.

Then you factor in AR's natural pocket awareness versus Zach Wilson's, he'll get rid of the ball quicker and hide some of the inefficiencies up front, and he's a helluva lot more mobile than Joe Flacco.

asiagambler

You're missing the point. Even if Becton fails to live up to his lofty draft status he's an improvement over the turnstiles they had as options after he went down. Brown is depth at the position, which is something. Mitchell exceeded expectations at RT last year until he was lost to injury, and Vera-Tucker is one of the best players on the team, period. Health up front can only make this line better. There's really no argument to the contrary.

Then you factor in AR's natural pocket awareness versus Zach Wilson's, he'll get rid of the ball quicker and hide some of the inefficiencies up front, and he's a helluva lot more mobile than Joe Flacco.
    I think you're missing the point. Your default thinking shouldn't be that these guys are healthy and will stay healthy when they've spent more time injured than on the field beyond just last year

Becton had his 5th year option declined so this is a contract year for him and he at least on the surface looks more motivated. But it's quite telling that he decides to shape up when there's finally something more at stake for him

12 Last