BREWERS will go nowhere in playoffs

Worst first place team in MLB.

Benefit of playing in putrid division.

You'll see......in the end.

RON

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47677

Milwaukee mike disapproves of this thread.

JAKEPEAVY21

In all seriousness, I agree they are in a weak division but they have 3 really good starters and closer. Their pitching could carry them in the playoffs.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    In all seriousness, I agree they are in a weak division but they have 3 really good starters and closer. Their pitching could carry them in the playoffs.
    Every team that makes the playoffs will have 2-3 really good starters.

Looking forward to seeing who the Brewers face in the first round. Could be some tremendous value on their opponent.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all about pithing nothing else

hitters go silent playoffs all teams

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    all about pithing nothing else

hitters go silent playoffs all teams
    Managing also critical in playoffs.

Brewers manager clueless.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post

Looking forward to seeing who the Brewers face in the first round. Could be some tremendous value on their opponent.
    Ok, name me just 2 quality starters on the Red Sox, White Sox, Yankees, Padres, Reds and Braves.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

They do have a better pitching staff than most, but at this point not being a homer but i think the Reds are the best team in the Central. And there's no way its the worst division. NL East, AL Central.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32526

With all due respect Ron, you're a good guy and all.Let's end this debate right here and now.

NL playoff picture right now looks like Mil/Atl in that first round matchup.

Last time I checked the Braves played in the NL East, and the NL East is worse then the NL Central.
    And the last time I checked, the Braves do not have 2 or 3 good pitchers, starters and relievers combined.

Now for what's it's worth my opinion is the NL will be represented by a NL West team and the AL will be represented by the Chicago White Sox. The Brewers will lose to a NL West team but they are better than any NL East team and the Reds.

That's just my opinion, but like assholes everybody has one.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2464

team of density

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Ok, name me just 2 quality starters on the Red Sox, White Sox, Yankees, Padres, Reds and Braves.
    Miley, Castillo, Gray, Mahle, Guiterrez all quality as u would say jaker. Look at numbers, esp after ASB

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Miley, Castillo, Gray, Mahle, Guiterrez all quality as u would say jaker. Look at numbers, esp after ASB
    Miley has been good. The others have been good in year's past but I would not call them top tier starters that you can depend on. We all know you're a Cinci homer so I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. Hell, I remember when you and Owen(RIP) from America's Bookie were trying to tell me how great Andy Dalton was years ago when I said he was hot garbage.

ronald

Busy gambling today.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Miley has been good. The others have been good in year's past but I would not call them top tier starters that you can depend on. We all know you're a Cinci homer so I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this. Hell, I remember when you and Owen(RIP) from America's Bookie were trying to tell me how great Andy Dalton was years ago when I said he was hot garbage.
    Red Rifle amazing! RIP Owen
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

JAKEPEAVY21

Busy gambling today.
    I don't blame you, no shame in waving the white flag.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Red Rifle amazing! RIP Owen
    In fairness, Dalton was somewhere in between our opinions about him. He was a serviceable game manager so long as he didn't have to carry the load.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Agreed peaves. Palmer>Dalton

stevenash

In fairness, Dalton was somewhere in between our opinions about him. He was a serviceable game manager so long as he didn't have to carry the load.
    Andy Dalton get a bad rap.
    He's not a bad QB, he knows the game and all.
    He's just not a top 18 NFL QB.
    But think about it, I'd be honored to be considered the 20th best QB in football when you consider all the QB's now that are playing HS and NCAA and pro ball.

Umm, there's a reason why Dalton has been in the league for years.
    That reason is he doesn't suck at football.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57673

Worst first place team in MLB.

Benefit of playing in putrid division.

You'll see......in the end.

RON

Ron, always enjoy some comedy in the afternoon! Brewers are the top run scoring team in MLB since late June and have 3 of the top 4 pitchers in the majors in ERA. Plus, they're 40-20 on the road. Sounds like a great recipe for playoff success, right? More than happy to revisit this in October...

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4202

Even with scoring more lately, there are still serious offensive gaps with them. The starting pitching is top-notch, but I don't know if that pen can hold games in the playoffs. I would still be concerned if they can score come playoff time with that lineup. Pitching will keep them in games though.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

They dont scare me in playoffs. Woodruff is beatable very beatable. His wl record tells me that. Peralta a fukkin stud. This has a 2011 phillies vibe to it. Id rather buehler urias scherzer or lynn rodon giolito than peralta burnes woody in a playoff series. Give me that rlr action. Lad and chw bats much deeper than mil too.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    They dont scare me in playoffs. Woodruff is beatable very beatable. His wl record tells me that. Peralta a fukkin stud. This has a 2011 phillies vibe to it. Id rather buehler urias scherzer or lynn rodon giolito than peralta burnes woody in a playoff series. Give me that rlr action. Lad and chw bats much deeper than mil too.
    Next to saves starting pitchers W/L records are the most overrated stats in baseball.
    Jacob de Grom went 10 and 9 and 11 and 8 in back to back seasons.

The more accurate thing you could say is "the Brewers are beatable when Woodruff starts"
    Woodruff has been pretty much unhittable all season.
    His WH/IP ratio tells me so.

Want more?
    Phil Hughes won 17 games with the Yankees one season with a run support of close to seven runs a game.
    Hell, Ray Charles can win 17 games with seven runs of support.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

woodruff is a beast

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    woodruff is a beast
    Why does he have 6 losses vs 7 wins then. His teammate peralta has almost identical stats and has a 9-3 record. If you wanna blame the lineup ok fine cause that lineup will get shutdown in playoffs which is the premise of this thread. A guy 7-6 playing weak teams like cubs pirates cards dback rox all season isnt gonna hold up vs real teams in the playoffs. Ive seen this story 1000 times before. Its the 2011 phillies exactly what the 2021 brewers are. Theyll be huge chalk cause of the sp and wont go anywhere.

habitualwinning

Buehler nl cy. Woodruff can keep dreaming. Doesnt even have the best stats on his own team.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Next to saves starting pitchers W/L records are the most overrated stats in baseball.
    Jacob de Grom went 10 and 9 and 11 and 8 in back to back seasons.

The more accurate thing you could say is "the Brewers are beatable when Woodruff starts"
    Woodruff has been pretty much unhittable all season.
    His WH/IP ratio tells me so.

Want more?
    Phil Hughes won 17 games with the Yankees one season with a run support of close to seven runs a game.
    Hell, Ray Charles can win 17 games with seven runs of support.
    Blah blah blah bla bla. This is about $$$$$. Only 8 yo kids actually care about being a fan. Im in it for the money nothing else. Difference between peralta and woodruff this season. 1k 162 vs 163. Whip .01 era .08 wl % .750 peralta .533 woody. So youre down units betting woodruff at huge chalk. Up big units betting peralta. Up a ton betting studs like buehler. This is why i dont mess with fukk boys like degrom or woodruff. Have fun losing money on them while being their fan boy.

JAKEPEAVY21

Why does he have 6 losses vs 7 wins then. His teammate peralta has almost identical stats and has a 9-3 record. If you wanna blame the lineup ok fine cause that lineup will get shutdown in playoffs which is the premise of this thread. A guy 7-6 playing weak teams like cubs pirates cards dback rox all season isnt gonna hold up vs real teams in the playoffs. Ive seen this story 1000 times before. Its the 2011 phillies exactly what the 2021 brewers are. Theyll be huge chalk cause of the sp and wont go anywhere.
    The pitcher can't control his team scoring runs. Look at DeGrom's win vs losses in recent years. He was 10-9 a few years ago with a 1.70 ERA...Based on your logic, I guess he isn't that good?

JAKEPEAVY21

Just read nasher's post from yesterday after posting the above...my bad

I also remember Felix Hernandez was 13-12 years ago the year he won the Cy Young.

stevenash

Blah blah blah bla bla. This is about $$$$$. Only 8 yo kids actually care about being a fan. Im in it for the money nothing else. Difference between peralta and woodruff this season. 1k 162 vs 163. Whip .01 era .08 wl % .750 peralta .533 woody. So youre down units betting woodruff at huge chalk. Up big units betting peralta. Up a ton betting studs like buehler. This is why i dont mess with fukk boys like degrom or woodruff. Have fun losing money on them while being their fan boy.
    Keep betting those -220 chalk square favorites consistently, see where it lands you.
    Under a bridge abutment sleeping in your van, that's where.

There's a time and place to bet -220 chalk, money line with another chalk in a two team parlay.
    Or run line on the road.

If you have to ask me why then it's time to turn in your gambling card.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

What a weirdo

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

White Sox have Lance Lynn and Carlos Rodon. Yanks have Cole and Taillon has been very good last little bit. Padres also have Darvish and Snell.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    White Sox have Lance Lynn and Carlos Rodon. Yanks have Cole and Taillon has been very good last little bit. Padres also have Darvish and Snell.
    Darvish has a hurt back.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

It’s not really that big of a prediction. It’s three rounds of playoffs and 2 of the 5 teams have better record then them. That being said the expectation for them has always been maybe nl finals that’s it

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

A real prediction is the White Sox are going to win the World Series

12 Last