homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11264

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    homie wouldnt find fault with a guy shooting someone if the other guy had a bullet proof vest on
    not true. i am just saying that grabbing a dude's junk with a cup on does not = grabbing a dude's junk with NO cup on.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Harsh?

Burfict was suspended because he was suspended multiple times before that. I think he's the most suspended player in NFL history for on field violence. Otherwise he wouldn't have gotten 12 games.

He might be done for the year. But you seem overly emotional and living in the moment like usual. Djokovic? Lol.

US Open 2019 what ???

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8881

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    US Open 2019 what ???
    You're a passionate guy, but gotta balance that with the Don Corleone mindset.

homie1975

You're a passionate guy, but gotta balance that with the Don Corleone mindset.
    the tape last night was damning. i watched it like 8 times, and each time i focused on different players so i could make a case for Garrett. i could not.

myself and my team of attorneys are predicting 8 games suspension. you know Goodell likes things in 4's.

remaining 6 games this season. 2 games next season.

OUT !!!

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Everyone overreacting here, malice at the palace was awesome. At the time and in retrospect. This wasn't even close to that

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11299

but......but....... the helmet made clear contact. notice there is no provision for that. it is subjective once the helmet makes contact.
    Goodell and co. will review the tape. when they see that the helmet made contact, they will need to make an example out of him.
    at the very least, done for 2019 season.
    most likely suspended a few games into 2020 season as well
    He clearly used the helmet to strike Rudolph. The rulebook is very clear and was written for this purpose. It wasn't a big deal when they instituted the rule and the NFL will be very hard pressed to change the rules to fit their narrative. The rulebook does not even call for a suspension. The NFLPA will not allow a ridiculous response by the league.

shadymcgrady

I hope the players union appeals whatever decision they hand down to Garrett and ask for further discipline on whatever they say for Rudolph. This place would have an aneurism

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24152

Regular season and playoffs at a minimum

Mac4Lyfe

The Suspensions are in...

Each Team: $250K

Garrett: Indefinitely
    Pouncey: 3 games
    Ogi: 1 game
    Rudolph: Nothing. Not even a fine for starting the whole damn thing.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24152

Good to see you Mac

BOL
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave funnyb25 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Should be charged w assault and battery

Legal proceedings

Exempt list till resolved, no pay.

86ed if guilty

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The Suspensions are in...

Each Team: $250K

Garrett: Indefinitely
    Pouncey: 3 games
    Ogi: 1 game
    Rudolph: Nothing. Not even a fine for starting the whole damn thing.
    Actually what started the whole thing was Garret unnecessarily taking Rudolph to the ground after he had gotten rid of the ball.

homie1975

so garrett is out for at least the rest of the year, meaning Goodell and the NFL sees this clearly, many of us do, I do, but SOME of you do not.

we are all wrong and you are right?

no, you are off your rockers. it's unbelievable. this is SO obvious.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10267

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    If that happened in youth football where a player tore the helmet off an opponent, then swung the helmet at the head of the opponent AND connected with the head in a big way, that player would be out of the league permanently. Same in high school. Same in college.
    Rest of the season is fair...now will the NFL back it up.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Actually what started the whole thing was Garret unnecessarily taking Rudolph to the ground after he had gotten rid of the ball.
    Huh? The Steelers were still passing the ball down two scores. Garrett's job is to tackle the QB. That's what he did. He didn't get flagged for the hit. Are you sure you're a Browns fan?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9119

so garrett is out for at least the rest of the year, meaning Goodell and the NFL sees this clearly, many of us do, I do, but SOME of you do not.

Goddell usually gets this type of shit wrong.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Just seeing the video now. To say I am shocked and abhorred by what I have witnessed would be an understatement. Those two Steelers should be thrown out of the NFL for kicking and punching a defenceless player. Garrett and Rudolph were going at it but to see these guys come in and kick and punch Garrett was disturbing. The hit with the helmet didn’t even connect. Sickening to see a man kicked and punched by two players. NFL get rid your shit in order and throw them out of the league.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave alamo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

He should def be gone for rest of year, just like I said last night. I think Garrett represented himself well afterwords, he owned it, didn’t blame anyone else. It is what it is.

Any guy with lot of testosterone has made a bad choice or 12 when their blood got boiling! Obviously it wasn’t good but all you can do is own it and accept responsibility which he did. Let him sit rest of year and move on.

Obviously he be on a tight leash and judged more harshly in the future for anything during play but again he brought on himself.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13364

I wasn't watching the game when this happened. I saw the headlines and the screencap of Garrett in full swing and fully expected to feel like this guy was guilty as fukk. Once I watched it a few times, I can see why he did it.

If I was Pouncy, I would be pissed as fukk that I am getting jacked for game checks for defending Rudolph. This is going to cause a major rift in the Steelers locker room. Mason deserves a fukkin ass whoopin for that bullshit.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

He should be suspended for the equivalent of one year -- 16 regular-season and/or playoff games -- and fined a nice, healthy amount . . . say, half a million. We all ought to be lucky Rudolph wasn't blinded or didn't suffer severe brain damage -- or worse.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    He should be suspended for the equivalent of one year -- 16 regular-season and/or playoff games -- and fined a nice, healthy amount . . . say, half a million. We all ought to be lucky Rudolph wasn't blinded or didn't suffer severe brain damage -- or worse.
    I think rest of this season is sufficient; I wouldn’t drag it into another year:, you right tho, you could really Fukk someone up hitting them w a freaking helmet!! I’m sure nobody happier than Garrett that nothing like that happened.

toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37378

Huh? The Steelers were still passing the ball down two scores. Garrett's job is to tackle the QB. That's what he did. He didn't get flagged for the hit. Are you sure you're a Browns fan?
    The other Browns player let up immediately, Garrett went out of his way to spin Rudolf around and try to slam him. Yea they’re throwing, but there’s 14 seconds left in the game, are they really a threat to come back? Again, Garrett is known in the league for dirty, and late, hits. I just don’t see how that somehow didn’t “start it”

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by toddsclowns View Post
    The other Browns player let up immediately, Garrett went out of his way to spin Rudolf around and try to slam him. Yea they’re throwing, but there’s 14 seconds left in the game, are they really a threat to come back? Again, Garrett is known in the league for dirty, and late, hits. I just don’t see how that somehow didn’t “start it”
    Of course that what started it and bottom line and last time I’m gonna borher saying it is until the helmet got swung nothing had happened we ain’t seen 100x, until that point it was just a dust up and didn’t see anything that woulda warranted anyone getting suspended more than maybe a game! Hitting guy with the helmet is what caused all the punches and stuff.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Will take under 5 games for $5
    You usually talk sense, Goat. But add a few zeroes and I’ll take that bet.

shadymcgrady

Myles got suspended indefinitely, fine. Rudolph gets nothing for arguably starting and definitely escalating the situation? That's a travesty. Que the rat gifs, his sideline shots make it easy for someone to make them

Goat Milk

I think the suspension is gonna be reduced when the lawyers refer to the written rules. My prediction.

Ojunobi suspended a game for a push? A push? Literally did nothing except push the quarterback once, nothing before or after that.

NFL is soft as fukk. Ojunobi will not be suspended imo after appeal.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Goat Milk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    You usually talk sense, Goat. But add a few zeroes and I’ll take that bet.
    Still not done yet lol, think it's gonna get reduced based on what actually rules are. We'll see.

Mac4Lyfe

Still not done yet lol, think it's gonna get reduced based on what actually rules are. We'll see.
    The rule says kicked out of the game and nothing more. But Goodell has his personal conduct policy that makes him judge and jury.

RULE 12, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 17. USE OF HELMET AS A WEAPON. A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent.

Penalty: For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

homie1975

some of the replies in this thread defending garrett and vilifying the QB are just astounding. simply astounding.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1228

The fact that Garrett is going to appeal his suspension is reason enough to make it even longer going into next year because he clearly just lied in his apologetic speech and doesn't get it or willing to even accept his punishment

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 370

some of the replies in this thread defending garrett and vilifying the QB are just astounding. simply astounding.
    Agree

If Rudy did anything to garretttt its cus he woudnt get off him after the play

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Agree

If Rudy did anything to garretttt its cus he woudnt get off him after the play
    no wonder gamblers have such a bad reputation in general society. the moral compass here is way off. I cannot believe this is even a discussion. one guy allegedly grabbed another dude's crotch (probably protected by something decent though not a cup), while the other guy yanked off his helmet, and swung it like a phukking medieval weapon or something out of a roman gladiator fight in ancient times.

i mean WTF is so unclear here? it is clear as day. and it is ZERO to do with race. I would be saying exactly this if the QB was black and DL was white, or if they were green, purple, polka dotted, i don't care.

it's about being human. what happened was despicable. the kid Garrett has to pay the price and made an example of. and he will be.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I am a Browns fan, and after what transpired throughout that entire game last night, I am embarrassed to admit it.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I am a Browns fan, and after what transpired throughout that entire game last night, I am embarrassed to admit it.
    You’re just now embarrassed about being a browns fan?

First ... 3456789 ... Last