Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 615

Auston Matthews Set To Return For Toronto Maple Leafs

The decision has been made, and the Toronto Maple Leafs will get one of their superstars back tonight. Head coach Mike Babcock confirmed this morning that Auston Matthews will return to the lineup against the San Jose Sharks after a four-week absence. Matthews will have to be activated from injured reserve, but the Maple Leafs were already operating with a 22-man roster and have room to fit him in.

Matthews, 21, was off to an incredible start to the season with 10 goals in his first 11 games before being injured by a hard check from Winnipeg Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba. Suffering a shoulder injury on the play, he’s been out since October 27th leaving the Maple Leafs’ offensive attack in the hands of John Tavares and Mitch Marner. That pair has done just fine alongside contributions from others like Kasperi Kapanen and Nazem Kadri, leading the Maple Leafs to a 9-5 record without Matthews in the lineup.

Still, getting back a player of Matthews’ caliber can only help Toronto as they try to catch the suddenly exceptional Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres are on a 10-game win streak and have taken over first place in the entire NHL. The Maple Leafs are just two points behind them, but it’s clear that the Atlantic Division is setting up to be a meat grinder for the entire season and could force a legitimate Stanley Cup contender into a wild card position. Getting Matthews back and healthy will go a long way to helping Toronto secure one of those top three spots.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Toronto has its best team in years

Exciting up there for sports between NBA and NHL

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Kid is massively overrated and brittle. McDavid eats this kid alive and Tavares is the Leaf's go to superstar. Seriously, is this kid from Auston with name like that you'd think he's a cowboy and I'm not talking about Dallas.

rain_e
    rain_e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

McDavid? Hahahaha kid as one move and signed long term with a franchise that makes the Cleveland Browns look good.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25080

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Kid is massively overrated and brittle. McDavid eats this kid alive and Tavares is the Leaf's go to superstar. Seriously, is this kid from Auston with name like that you'd think he's a cowboy and I'm not talking about Dallas.
    Over-rated? You know a lot of guys that can score almost a goal per game?

That's a really short list. Gretzky, Mario, Mogilny (when he was lined w/ Lafontaine).

jjgold

Toronto is really good they keep winning there a very good team to bet especially at home

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Matthews has averaged 3 points per game coming off injuries. You sound stupid.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7077

Took Toronto -1 goal (+130) last night with this news.

jjgold

Toronto finally a good money maker

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

It is a little early to call Matthews brittle, he is barely a full grown man playing against full grown men. Try getting hit open ice by Jacob Trouba and see how brittle we all become... :-)

Also, McDavid is freaking awesome and just getting better. It will be interesting to see how they compare in a few years. Both have awesome talent.

I do find it interesting that Marner has been able to stay healthy. (Given I am bleeding blue Leaf fan) I even cringe thinking about the first time he gets tagged hard. That kid has talent but he is still pretty small....ugh.