Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11331

Did Ben Simmons really only score 1 point?

What the fuk? Isn't this kid supposed to be the new GOAT? When did you ever see Kobe, MJ or Lebron score 1 fukkking point. Are you kidding me?

Mac4Lyfe

How much is this guy making this year? The Sixers could have paid me half of that and I'd only have 1 less point than him.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Donovan Mitchell should win ROY- dude is the real superstar - his game haven’t slow down in the playoff while Simmons act like a soft Aussie

Mac4Lyfe

Danny Ainge a lot smarter/shrewd than I ever thought. He's finding diamonds in the draft. I really hated seeing Stevens go to the C's. They are going to be a ridiculous team once Kyrie and Gordon come back. They're on the way to a bunch of titles. Dammit.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9168

I am surprised he made the free throw. He is awful from the line

ikid2groove415

Someone said this kid was the next LEBRON? No toughness lol

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Someone said this kid was the next LEBRON? No toughness lol
    Once he gets a consistent mid range and a 3 point shot, he's not going to be anything nice. He just can't shoot the rock well and Brad Stevens is too good of a coach to let you beat him if you have weaknesses. He needs to spend a lot of time developing his shot in the off season. I really didn't see much special when he was at LSU but you can see the flashes of greatness but it takes a lot of time for young guys.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6355

lol funny pic

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

He only took 4 shots. He knows he's a terrible a shooter, and now he's afraid to shoot.

Mitchell, Tatum, Kuzma are all better than this fraud. The Sixers thought they were getting good players in Fultz/Simmons, but those two did nothing for their college teams. Their college teams were horrible. Why did the Sixers think they would impact their NBA teams if they can't even carry a college team?

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Once he gets a consistent mid range and a 3 point shot, he's not going to be anything nice. He just can't shoot the rock well and Brad Stevens is too good of a coach to let you beat him if you have weaknesses. He needs to spend a lot of time developing his shot in the off season. I really didn't see much special when he was at LSU but you can see the flashes of greatness but it takes a lot of time for young guys.
    Laughable this guy is like the Greek freak - can’t beat a depleted Boston team

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    He only took 4 shots. He knows he's a terrible a shooter, and now he's afraid to shoot.
    Mitchell, Tatum, Kuzma are all better than this fraud. The Sixers thought they were getting good players in Fultz/Simmons, but those two did nothing for their college teams. Their college teams were horrible. Why did the Sixers think they would impact their NBA teams if they can't even carry a college team?
    Simmons just seems very passive to me. I don't see that killer instinct in him. BUT, I've seen him play at a high level this year. I don't know about Fultz but I think Simmons is going to be a good one. We'll see.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He is no point guard.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10560

Laughable this guy is like the Greek freak - can’t beat a depleted Boston team
    Celts may seem "depleted" but they have a lot of talent on the floor.
    Horford, Tatum, Rozier and Smart are doind a fine job. Baynes not so much. But you have
    Morris ans Brown contributing very well playing significant minutes off of the bench.
    I'm far from a Celts fan but under the command of Brad Stevens and the direction of Danny Ainge, Boston is going to make a lot of noise for years to come.

*Hard to believe Simmons scored 1 point and had a -23 Rating. Credit Boston's game plan and youthful inexperience.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2449

All the haters come out! The kid is going to be a great player. Stevens threw defensive looks at him tonight he's never seen before, give Boston credit. They're the best defensive team left in the East.

He's never been a scorer like Mitchell, he's a triple-double guy but he got shut down. It's his first season, he'll get a lot better. Same with Embiid. They're kids in their early 20's. They got a long way to go.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10560

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    All the haters come out! The kid is going to be a great player. Stevens threw defensive looks at him tonight he's never seen before, give Boston credit. They're the best defensive team left in the East.

He's never been a scorer like Mitchell, he's a triple-double guy but he got shut down. It's his first season, he'll get a lot better. Same with Embiid. They're kids in their early 20's. They got a long way to go.
    Klemmer
    Not hating on Simmons at all. I like the kid but Boston had their game plan
    and Simmons has been having a rough go of it.
    Simmons is going to be fine. We will enjoy his talent for years to come.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3810

One point,that's completely inexcusable from you're top player, especially in a Playoff game.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

How much is this guy making this year? The Sixers could have paid me half of that and I'd only have 1 less point than him.
    mac he only shot 5 times. Yes he should of scored but f it was kobe he would of shot 15 times. i have seen rondo score 1 point and their games are sort of the same from the games i watched

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Simmons just seems very passive to me. I don't see that killer instinct in him. BUT, I've seen him play at a high level this year. I don't know about Fultz but I think Simmons is going to be a good one. We'll see.
    i want to see the cavs in the finals. There is no way the cavs match up with the sixers but i think they will beat the celts

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    i want to see the cavs in the finals. There is no way the cavs match up with the sixers but i think they will beat the celts
    Agree

but I'm not writing off the sixers

even down 2-0 it's only 50/50
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I agree. As a Cavs fan, i'm hoping and praying Boston takes Philly out.

The 3 teams I didn't want Cleveland to play in the East were Miami, Indy and Philly in that order. Now Tatum and Rozier may make me eat my words but the Cavs match up well with Toronto and Boston.

But if Simmons doesn't find a jumper or free throws, Philly is going to struggle in these playoffs. Just wait till Boston fouls him on purpose. He's much different then Rondo because they need his scoring. Rondo isn't expected to score.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Agree

I think Boston to win series at near even money is a steal. If another game of the next 3 comes down to the wire, Celtics have the edge because of coaching. In my mind Philadelphia is more likely to take ONE game in this series than FOUR.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    One point,that's completely inexcusable from you're top player, especially in a Playoff game.
    Totally excusable, if your coach believes the team is better off with you only taking top-quality shots. 76ers are tinkering, but they may be short on time. Must win game 3 coming up. I think Boston +9.5 is a really strong position.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Agree

not writing them off either, i see them winning next 2 moreso than Boston stealing 1 of next 2. I see them more winning on the road than Boston, if thats the case then the series probably should be about even odds. I think they will be up in Game 3 again by 20 at some point.

ikid2groove415

Sixers got a lame coach

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He reverted back to being a pussy like at LSU

Big Moment got to him

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2449

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    What are you talking about? Embiid had 20 points, 14 rebounds and 5 assists.

ikid2groove415

Aussie and Canadians nice peoples but way to soft
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ikid2groove415 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Aussie and Canadians nice peoples but way to soft
    and Euro's too. Philly have a lot of them.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I guarantee if they let me play in that game, I'd score more than one point. Probably wouldn't make a shot while the game is in play, but I'd get to the line.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Embiid might of played worse. He chucked up so many threes and played no defense.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    I guarantee if they let me play in that game, I'd score more than one point. Probably wouldn't make a shot while the game is in play, but I'd get to the line.
    I don't understand it. How do you play for any amount of minutes and not score a point? Hell, I'm chucking the rock and I'm getting mine, but, he doesn't have a consistent jumper and that's mainly why. It's easy to defend a guy that can't shoot. He needs to spend the entire off season shooting jumpers.

jtoler

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

ben simmonds didn't voluntarily take a 3 point shot this year.... think about that........ every single one of his 3 point attempts were clock-motivated.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

I don't understand it. How do you play for any amount of minutes and not score a point? Hell, I'm chucking the rock and I'm getting mine, but, he doesn't have a consistent jumper and that's mainly why. It's easy to defend a guy that can't shoot. He needs to spend the entire off season shooting jumpers.
    i agree but he did well in regular season..... or do you think they can more effectively defend him in playoffs? regular season is basically a one-off with no special significance

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3810

What are you talking about? Embiid had 20 points, 14 rebounds and 5 assists.
    Seeing as that's you're opinion,don't see why you need to be such a rude f#ck.

12 Last