lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Anyone in here a Jim Rome " clone " ?

Just wondering. There's a lot of " have a take and don't suckers " out there ...

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

idk but Jim Rome claiming the Super Bowl doesn't start until he gets there is one of the best quotes of all time

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Jim Rome is a clown. Too bad Jim “Chris” Everett couldn’t finish the job way back when.

lom bylyri

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    idk but Jim Rome claiming the Super Bowl doesn't start until he gets there is one of the best quotes of all time
    He cleaned up a lot since his early days, especially now that he made it big. Used to be funny. Full of shit sometimes but entertaining.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

i lean towards that chris everett being staged

rome used to be must listen radio in 90s but i cant stomach for more than a few min now

lom bylyri

I agree, he is a clown. A very expensive one at that. He's pulling like $ 40 mill yearly, now that he's on TV too.

lom bylyri

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    i lean towards that chris everett being staged

rome used to be must listen radio in 90s but i cant stomach for more than a few min now
    It wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was staged. It's a very common practice to get ratings. I know for a fact he used to make up callers, played by someone talented in his crew. Now that he don't need them anymore, they all disappeared. I used to listen to him back then, I had a job that you were allowed to keep the headphones on all day. Time went by faster when he called Bill Walton : Bill 217

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47601

I liked his show back in the 90s...

complete garbage now and the callers try way too hard to impress him, I can barely get through 5 minutes nowadays.

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lom bylyri View Post
    He cleaned up a lot since his early days, especially now that he made it big. Used to be funny. Full of shit sometimes but entertaining.
    yeah he used to crack on nascar fans hard and a lot others now he slurps them all

i remember he used to sell "oj did it" merchandise in his store way back doubt he has balls like that now

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

he looks like a fukkin moron so I gave him a chance

no he is worse than that

so fukk him

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3714

No dont like him,got my reasons.

lom bylyri

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    yeah he used to crack on nascar fans hard and a lot others now he slurps them all

i remember he used to sell "oj did it" merchandise in his store way back doubt he has balls like that now
    Naaaah, he's gone corporate America now. Doesn't give two shits anymore for the clones who helped him make it big. But it used to be funny. I still remember one text ( it was no tweeter back than ). It was the time when Latrell Spreewell chocked Carlissimo and got suspended. Somebody pretending to be OJ sent this : " Yo Spree. Since now you have some time to kill, I could use some help finding the real killers of those two people I killed. PS Don't forget the golfing clubs " Sincerely the OXH...

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

No one likes that douche

CWD
    Update your status

Naaaah, he's gone corporate America now. Doesn't give two shits anymore for the clones who helped him make it big. But it used to be funny. I still remember one text ( it was no tweeter back than ). It was the time when Latrell Spreewell chocked Carlissimo and got suspended. Somebody pretending to be OJ sent this : " Yo Spree. Since now you have some time to kill, I could use some help finding the real killers of those two people I killed. PS Don't forget the golfing clubs " Sincerely the OXH...
    exactly no balls to cross corporate america

even if he did were talking what 30 years on radio now that shit is old already

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3714

Normally how that goes,pretend they give a shit about their fans,until they get the prestige.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20649

I stopped listening to him when he went nation wide.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Used to listen to romey all the time till they pulled his show years back here in cleveland. Went to see one of his tour stops in cleveland as well. Good time Romey a lil arrogant but seems to be a pretty good guy

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

How can a guy earn $40MM when every comment I have ever heard from anybody says they don't like him?? I don't get it.

I have literally not heard his name in many years...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He was ok

So he is back on tv?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

Good for him....Cashed in.

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    I stopped listening to him when he went nation wide.
    the san diego days were money

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13428

He is not "must listen" radio these days, but he still has some funny moments. He can have some cringe-worthy moments as well. The TV show is pretty much unwatchable.

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7864

Haven't heard anything about Jim Rome in like 5+ years

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    How can a guy earn $40MM when every comment I have ever heard from anybody says they don't like him?? I don't get it.

I have literally not heard his name in many years...
    He built his brand on "like me or hate me, but LISTEN." He is a jock Howard Stern in that sense. Same with Jim Cramer on the financial shit.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

Amazing

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 532

Really don't care for...

*long silent pause so I start pressing buttons on my radio to see if it went out, but then I realize I'm just listening to Rome*

the guy.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

If I watch only one sports show it is The Herd on FS1. I like Cowherd he has good insight, has great interviews and he is somewhat funny. His blonde sidekick is cute... NOT HOT... but cute. She is dumb as hell too - bonus points

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16327

Rome was cool in 1988 when Talk radio exploded I use to listen to him driving home from work.I cant remember the station I think it was the mighty 690 I believe he followed Hacksaw Hamilton. I have not listened to rome since.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    If I watch only one sports show it is The Herd on FS1. I like Cowherd he has good insight, has great interviews and he is somewhat funny. His blonde sidekick is cute... NOT HOT... but cute. She is dumb as hell too - bonus points
    His squeaky voice and non stop talking over people is the worse.

I like Rome but I'll say I'm the last few years I haven't listened much because I'm really busy during his time slot. I can't speak for it now.

I always hated the kiss ass interviews unless it was some nut bag he could penetrate with. The athlete /coach ones are brutal

I really miss Rusillo and Van pelt or Rusillo solo.

lom bylyri

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He was ok

So he is back on tv?
    His radio show is being simulcast on CBSSports on Tv.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1228

I used to listen on local am sports until he was removed.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Guys... just curious... in the 90's what radio station was Rome on? Didn't know anything about Jim Rome until that show... Rome is Burning or some sh#$.

lom bylyri

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    Used to listen to romey all the time till they pulled his show years back here in cleveland. Went to see one of his tour stops in cleveland as well. Good time Romey a lil arrogant but seems to be a pretty good guy
    You must be " John in C-Town "

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    which city did he do his show out of? Id have to imagine he was Francesa-esq in terms of arrogance.

lom bylyri

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Guys... just curious... in the 90's what radio station was Rome on? Didn't know anything about Jim Rome until that show... Rome is Burning or some sh#$.
    Rome is burning was for a short time on ESPN2.I would guess in the mid ' 2000's or something. His radio show used to be called " the Jungle " for a long time...

12 Last