Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Stephen A rant on Ayesha is the silliest thing I think these talkin heads ever done

I understand in the days of 24 hr news, networks need people who can talk for 24 hours. Long gone are the mornings when you'd watch the same sportscenter show from 5am to 10am or whatever it was. But WTF is Stephen A talkin about? Curry's wife has an opinion, stoopit as it may be, and he goes off on her how men like Lebron's wife better and whos hotter. lol. He even managed to bring in skin color to it. Black men prefer Mrs James. Whaww?

Its a little bit of race and sexism all in one incoherent response to a tweet. We got Trump on CNN and Stephen A on ESPN.

"As beautiful as everyone wants to say Ayesha Curry is, and she is, Savannah is something special. I’m here to tell you something right now. Ain’t a man alive, particularly a black man, that’s going to look at LeBron James’s wife and not say that that woman ain’t gorgeous."
    " Ain’t a man alive, particularly a black man, that’s going to look at LeBron James’s wife and not say that that woman ain’t gorgeous."

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Kracken 2.0

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Guess I'm alone thinking ayesha >>>>>

ericool007
    ericool007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3953

it was a good rant until he wanted to talk about how lebrons wife is special because shes better looking that was unnecessary not that i care but i knew he would get backlash for it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is rumoured to get fired after NA finals

It is what I am hearing

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Stephen A's comment.... was basically telling Curry's wife... just shut up... your man makes millions. No need to be ridiculous.

And... it came out wrong... and sounded a little off. That's about it.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Stephen A does not like women

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16169

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

It is what I am hearing
    good...if they didnt, ESPN would be complete hypocrites

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

It is what I am hearing
    lol... stop with the nonsense. Multi-year contract for big bucks. Go pound out some gloryhole cash, regroup, and come back strong with something that makes some sense.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6355

Didnt read the whole thing just the part in other thread, yeah this is weird, we know he likes to hear himself talk, off the deep end here.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Everyone should be able to say whatever the fukk they want....Stephen A and Curry's wife

Everyone else can talk about how much of an asshole they look like but I would never tell someone they shouldn't say something they feel

We all like hearing real feelings not cliches so don't be a hypocrite

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Everyone should be able to say whatever the fukk they want....Stephen A and Curry's wife

Everyone else can talk about how much of an asshole they look like but I would never tell someone they shouldn't say something they feel

Then that goes for every nba player, how many times do you think theyve wanted to say the word rigged, how many times have you heard them say it.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16169

while I agree with you completely, the PC police do not allow this kind of talk. You can only speak freely if it goes with the rest of the public opinion. People are getting fired for freely speaking their opinion when it doesnt fit some group or government agenda.
    pussified world we live in now where people cry because their feelings get hurt because of what someone said. I grew up with my parents re-iterating that sticks and stones line, but not today. complaining and whining gets you places now where as in back in the day it got you an ass whooping
    Points Awarded:

MoneyLineDawg gave Booya711 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Then that goes for every nba player, how many times do you think theyve wanted to say the word rigged, how many times have you heard them say it.
    I believe they also should be able to say that if they feel like it but there's too many bitches in the world today that dissect and cry over every single word

They don't say anything because they are on the gravy train getting paid millions to play a game...why rock the boat?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    while I agree with you completely, the PC police do not allow this kind of talk. You can only speak freely if it goes with the rest of the public opinion. People are getting fired for freely speaking their opinion when it doesnt fit some group or government agenda.
    pussified world we live in now where people cry because their feelings get hurt because of what someone said. I grew up with my parents re-iterating that sticks and stones line, but not today. complaining and whining gets you places now where as in back in the day it got you an ass whooping
    100% very sad world today

jtoler

I believe they also should be able to say that if they feel like it but there's too many bitches in the world today that dissect and cry over every single word

They don't say anything because they are on the gravy train getting paid millions to play a game...why rock the boat?
    I believe in free speech also, but this is a situation of when in Rome you do as the Romans do. If someone is supporting you giving you a way of life it shouldnt be hard to understand why one shouldnt be running around saying something that hurts their business model and costs them money. If it costs them money then inevitably it will cost those whom they pay, the employees money. Can you think of anything negative about where you work? Do you go around voicing all of those things to everyone and make it known in public, I doubt it, especially if it could cost you your job.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Curry can get him fired real easy

He was way more power than Smith

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Curry can get him fired real easy
    He was way more power than Smith
    Steph already on record as agreeing w/Smith in big picture sense (if not totally with *how* it was said) when Steph made statement about maybe having to "turn off the wi-fi". You're lost here, Baldy. See what happens when you have too many protein shakes and rely on your clients for "insider information" @ the G hole? Makes you post stupid shitt... er, more than usual, I mean.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16325

Much ado about nothing. It's just SAS cosying up to the NBAs biggest star (James), by saying nice - if inappropriate - things about his wife.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

As far as Stephen A, yea he should speak from the hart but he is paid to talk about sports. His response was basically hey, shut up. Black men prefer Mrs James. whaww?

As for Ayesha, her rant sounds so much worse after the collapse. If GSW wins, people dont remember that right? I think all that drama and the thrown mouthpiece... its all forever part of the tantrum and collapse.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Rake.

start a poll for the black posters here

who do they prefer Savanah James or Ayesha Curry

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11331

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    As far as Stephen A, yea he should speak from the hart but he is paid to talk about sports. His response was basically hey, shut up. Black men prefer Mrs James. whaww?

As for Ayesha, her rant sounds so much worse after the collapse. If GSW wins, people dont remember that right? I think all that drama and the thrown mouthpiece... its all forever part of the tantrum and collapse.
    I didn't get that from his speech. He was saying what everyone else was thinking. DON'T HIT SEND YOU IDIOT. She lost her damn mind after one game and took to Twitter to air dirty laundry. Who goes to their spouses job and starts talking shit about the hand that feeds them? Stay in your damn lane. It doesn't matter if he was married to a female or male btw. Stand by your husband and keep your mouth shut as a supportive spouse.

Steven A was right. You don't see Lebron's wife trying to gain followers on social media by being controversial. She's a damn bandwagon wife just like their bandwagon fans.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I didn't get that from his speech. He was saying what everyone else was thinking. DON'T HIT SEND YOU IDIOT.
    Yeah, so much mischaracterization in both Bill's and kracken's threads about what Stephen A actually said/meant. Not saying Bill and kraken had malicious intent, they (and others) just wrongly interpreted.

This happens a lot with Stephen A, who seems to catch much grief for simply being zealously loud and opinionated; Previous example: Stephen A gets labeled a race baiter in the Chip Kelly situation in Philly for merely *reporting* what the black players were telling him; somehow the Stephen A haters make it about him and call him a racist blah blah blah when all the guy was doing was *reporting* the feelings told to him by some of the black Eagle players. Last I looked, that's called being a reporter.

In this situation -- in the big picture sense -- exactly as you infer, all Stephen A was really saying was THINK before you post something on social media (all the ramifications it could potentially cause, etc., as the wife of a very famous person saying it; all the potential conclusions that could be mistakenly drawn as a result, etc).

He *never* said black men prefer Savannah over Ayesha (that's a misinterpretation). Correctly interpreted, Stephen A was saying that while many people find Ayesha attractive, many also find Savannah similarly attractive. As in, Savannah doesn't take a back seat to Ayesha in the looks department (wasn't saying *more* attractive, but rather, equal to).

The only reason he brought any of that into the conversation was to illuminate the point that Savannah, if she so chose, could have long ago done what Ayesha is currently doing, i.e., parlay her famous spouse's position to bring some public shine on her; at the risk of causing kraken a conniption fit, it needs to be factually stated and acknowledged that the *main* reason Ayesha has a modicum of fame (not the only, but main) is because she's married to Steph Curry, a very famous person. This is a fact only the silly-minded would argue against.

And while I can appreciate the sentiment of always "having your spouse's back" (an admirable trait), that sentiment was the (main) emotional impetus that made Ayesha post something that, if she were to stop and really THINK about it, was definitely not in her or her husband's best interest, overall. There are already enough loons that think the NBA is scripted and rigged; so when the wife of one of its biggest stars feeds into the loon's paranoia simply because she's emotional in the moment, it's simply NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

Ah, yeah, you know... that multi-BILLION dollar business that affords the Currys the lifestyle that the millions bring and is oh-so-dependent on maintaining the *integrity* of competition so the business can continue to make billions more (preemptive comment for the loons: fake competition like WWE don't make BILLIONS, dunderheads).

So yes, basically, in a different way, Stephen A was simply giving the ol' Herm Edwards advice: DON'T HIT SEND. And, he merely brought up Savannah (as the wife of a mega star) to draw a comparison of how Savannah understands what Ayesha needs to learn: Don't do anything for public consumption that can backfire (in various ways) to ultimately hurt yourself/family/livelihood.
    Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 06-20-16 at 11:03 PM.

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I didn't get that from his speech. He was saying what everyone else was thinking. DON'T HIT SEND YOU IDIOT. She lost her damn mind after one game and took to Twitter to air dirty laundry. Who goes to their spouses job and starts talking shit about the hand that feeds them? Stay in your damn lane. It doesn't matter if he was married to a female or male btw. Stand by your husband and keep your mouth shut as a supportive spouse.

Steven A was right. You don't see Lebron's wife trying to gain followers on social media by being controversial. She's a damn bandwagon wife just like their bandwagon fans.
    Well he STARTED out saying that but he felt like he had a good rant going and turned it into a whos-hotter and hot enough to speak. Then he even tried to boost his argument as if it meant something by saying men who are the same race definitely like Bron's wife... whole thing hilarious for ESPN. This reminds me when Mtv stopped playing music videos and started Road Rules and that other whatever that other show was with Kenny Anderson's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post

Yeah, so much mischaracterization in both Bill's and kracken's threads about what Stephen A actually said/meant. Not saying Bill and kraken had malicious intent, they (and others) just wrongly interpreted.

He *never* said black men prefer Savannah over Ayesha (that's a misinterpretation). Correctly interpreted, Stephen A was saying that while many people find Ayesha attractive, many also find Savannah similarly attractive. As in, Savannah doesn't take a back seat to Ayesha in the looks department (wasn't saying *more* attractive, but rather, equal to).
    Nah dude. read the exact quote. He went off the rails quick. He shouldn't have hit send. He has to make up for double the crazy now that Bayless and his hair piece is at Fox.

JJ,
    You'd spot this a mile away in daylight! ya?

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Rake.

start a poll for the black posters here

who do they prefer Savanah James or Ayesha Curry

tough need morepics

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Nah dude. read the exact quote. He went off the rails quick. He shouldn't have hit send.
    Don't need to read the quote, as I was watching in real time. I interpreted what he was saying correctly as I was listening. But, even reading the quote, it doesn't support your position that he "turned it into a whos-hotter and hot enough to speak." That just wasn't what he was saying.

BUT, hey... feel free to believe in your misinterpretations, lots of people do the same. Hell, did ya know no planes hit the towers on 9-11? Don't believe me?... just read snowballs Saloon thread.

BTW, if he had truly went off the rails and said something he shouldn't have said, there would be repercussions for him from the ultra-PC Disney Corp... 100%. But, alas... there are none. Just sayin'...

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Mrs. Curry. By a fukking LANDSLIDE.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6033

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYBLACK View Post
    Mrs. Curry. By a fukking LANDSLIDE.
    You have a crazy profile pic!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO