WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I don't think the Colt's head coach understands

If they go 15-1 and win the superbowl, nobody will care about the super bowl win. The Colts fans have that (a superbowl win), they want the perfect season. Manning has his super bowl, he wants the perfect season. This decision will cost the Colts a chance at even a super bowl IMHO.

YOU HAVE TO GO FOR THE PERFECT SEASON IF YOU ARE IN REACH.

If the Colts win the super bowl everyone will be talking about how they should have done what has never been done before. Nobody will care about the super bowl win.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    If they go 15-1 and win the superbowl, nobody will care about the superbowl win. The Colts fans have that, they want the perfect season.

YOU HAVE TO GO FOR THE PERFECT SEASON IF YOU ARE IN REACH.

If the Colts win the superbowl everyone will be talking about how they should have done what has never been done before. Nobody will care about the superbowl win.
    You are joking right. How did that work out for the pats a couple of years ago.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

ITS TRUE THE SUPERBOWL WILL MEAN SHIT BECAUAE IT WASNT A PERFECT SEASON AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN THIS TEAM IS COOKED NOW THEY HAVE NO CHANCE TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL

BOYS IF PEYTON MANNING WAS GETTING PRESSURED AND HIT ALL DAY LONG THEN MAYBE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD DECISION TO GET HIM OUT BUT THE JETS WERENT TOUCHING HIM THIS IS JUST A DUMB DECISION MADE BY A DUMB COACH.

THE ONLY PEOPLE LAUGHING AT THIS IS THE 1972 DOLPHINS THEY DODGED ANOTHER BULLET WITH THE PERFECT SEASON

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I think about it the other way around.

If the pats had lost that game to baltimore, the pressure would have come off, they'd have regrouped and probably routed everyone in the playoffs and won the super bowl.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11321

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    How has sitting starters worked for Indy the past few years??? Pussy ass organization that will get theirs in the end. I can't wait for them to get their vaginas pounded in the playoffs...

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Terrible decision, I agree that #1 is winning the Super Bowl but fuk at least try to go undefeated, fuk thats history making, I mean hell has Peyton even gotten breathed on this game? They might as well have just put in the scrubs from the 1st minute if they were gonna do this shit why risk Peyton getting hurt AND give up on winning the game?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Is this thread a joke?

Whether or not to pull starters is debatable, but what ultimately matters is whether you win the Super Bowl. That guarantees you a spot in history.

Going for 19-0 is an all in gamble.

It's a tough decision to make.

WileOut, the ALL CAPS guy agrees with you. That should tell you all you need to know.

BubbleBobble
    BubbleBobble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Prime example of why most sports suck these days.
    All about money, and talking about money the colts simply spit in the face of all their fans and people who did put $$$ on them.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Anyone who bet the Colts today not knowing of their "game plan" is a complete moron. and you deserve to lose.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Actually, it was coaching genius. I'll explain.

If the Jets win out, they are in the playoffs. This will water down the field in the AFC, maybe blocking out a team like Pitts.

Nobody wants to play Pitts in the playoffs, not even the Colts.

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Exactly my point. It has never been done before. A super bowl is won every year. A perfect season super bowl HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE since they went to more games.

Nobody has ever gone 19-0. That is special. A super bowl, especially when you have recently won one, is not so special. Not when you are Peyton Manning anyway. Again, a team wins a super bowl every year. Not many get the chance at perfection.

As a football fan it sucks to see this, I could care less what happens in the playoffs now. If the Colts had gone undefeated, I would be very very interested.

And you could tell that the Colts starters were beside themselves at what the idiot coach decided to do. So they agree with me as well. Very few teams get the chance at perfection. None have done it. Once somebody does it, it will lose its luster but nobody has done it yet (other than Dolphins**)

**Shorter season doesn't count

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Is this thread a joke?

Whether or not to pull starters is debatable, but what ultimately matters is whether you win the Super Bowl. That guarantees you a spot in history.

Going for 19-0 is an all in gamble.

It's a tough decision to make.

WileOut, the ALL CAPS guy agrees with you. That should tell you all you need to know.
    If they won today and next week (against the shitbag Bills) it would be necessary to win out to win the SB anyway, this was an absolute slap in the face to any Colts fan, hell who wouldn't want a shot at an undefeated season, why do you think the Pats didnt just pull this crap a couple years ago, bc they cared about their fans and the history making nature of going undefeated, hell no one except true NFL nuts know who won the SBs in the 70s but we all know who won the 1973 SB bc all they do is bring up the Miami Dolphins of 72 every year when a team is undefeated and that was 37 years ago

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    How has sitting starters worked for Indy the past few years??? Pussy ass organization that will get theirs in the end. I can't wait for them to get their vaginas pounded in the playoffs...
    A superbowl title a few years ago. What sport are you watching?

WileOut

BTW I apologize for starting another thread on this. I looked for one and didn't see it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

I'm pretty sure whichever team wins the super bowl this year will be VERY VERY VERY VERY excited about it. doesn't matter what your record is. you get one of those rings and you've made a year of hard work very worthwhile

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Anyone who bet the Colts today not knowing of their "game plan" is a complete moron. and you deserve to lose.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Nobody has ever gone 19-0. That is special. A super bowl, especially when you have recently won one, is not so special. Not when you are Peyton Manning anyway.
    Considering he didn't win a Super Bowl until his 9th season, I'd say it was pretty special.

Oh, and he has yet to win his second.

bettilimbroke999

Exactly my point. It has never been done before. A super bowl is won every year. A perfect season super bowl HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE since they went to more games.

Nobody has ever gone 19-0. That is special. A super bowl, especially when you have recently won one, is not so special. Not when you are Peyton Manning anyway. Again, a team wins a super bowl every year. Not many get the chance at perfection.

As a football fan it sucks to see this, I could care less what happens in the playoffs now. If the Colts had gone undefeated, I would be very very interested.

And you could tell that the Colts starters were beside themselves at what the idiot coach decided to do. So they agree with me as well. Very few teams get the chance at perfection. None have done it. Once somebody does it, it will lose its luster but nobody has done it yet (other than Dolphins**)

**Shorter season doesn't count
    Bingo, this is Peyton fukin Manning, I mean if he wins the SB is anyone gonna think he's any better? Fuk no they already know hes the best, going undefeated establishes him as possibly the best ever, to be honest an undefeated season is above the SB in impressive to me, that is fukin phenomenal to go 19-0 with no losses, thats why its never been done before, hell even the Pats couldnt pull it off

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    I think about it the other way around.

If the pats had lost that game to baltimore, the pressure would have come off, they'd have regrouped and probably routed everyone in the playoffs and won the super bowl.

I agree, looking back on it as a Patriots fan, that team was burned out by the time of the Super Bowl, the 19-0 talk was mentally draining.

who cares about a perfect season other than Mercury Morris, its all about winning the Super Bowl in my opinion.

WileOut

Considering he didn't win a Super Bowl until his 9th season, I'd say it was pretty special.

Oh, and he has yet to win his second.
    I didn't say the first one wasn't special. My point is he already has a super bowl title. Nobody on earth has a 19-0 season.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

And if Manning would have gotten hurt in the fourth quarter of the game, he would be questioned on why he was playing in a meaningless game. Gimme a break. I'm just glad once he decided to pull Manning, he didn't put him back in. That would have been a disgusting decision.

WileOut

As a football fan, it makes the playoffs average. Every football fan on Earth were tuned in to the Pats when they were going for perfection.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I am upset I will not be able to witness a perfect 19-0 season

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

The Stillers are on their way back and the Colts would rather have Jets in playoffs than Pgh. Jets play Cincy next week and Cincy will lay down to keep Pgh out. ( I think Jets get tiebreaker over Pgh). Cincy beat Pgh twice and do not want to see them again.

they remember what the Stillers did a few years ago as a 6 seed.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5195

To take out Manning against the Jets who are fighting for the playoffs is wrong. Caldwell screwed over teams like the Ravens and Steelers by quitting and letting the Jets win. Would of been better to do this against the Bills in the final game as they aren't going to the playoffs and doesn't affect other potential teams trying to make the playoffs.

Hope this bites the Colts in the ass and the Jets play the Colts in the playoffs and the Jets knock them out. Plus I think the Chargers are a better team than the Colts and will go to the Superbowl.

Gooseamoose
    Gooseamoose's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went undefeated in Fantasy, but lost the championship . No trophy......and nobody remembers me .........damn it ! I figured it was strategy for playoffs .

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseamoose View Post
    I went undefeated in Fantasy, but lost the championship . No trophy......and nobody remembers me .........damn it ! I figured it was strategy for playoffs .
    So did the Pats, had they won the SB they would be regarded as one of the greatest teams ever, since they lost naturally they're not, if you lose the SB naturally you're not going to be remembered either way

Gooseamoose
    Gooseamoose's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good point !

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

BILL POLIAN runs the show in Indy NOT Caldwell, the instructions to sit starters came from HIM

signed,
    someone who knows way more than you about the NFL and sports in general

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Actually, it was coaching genius. I'll explain.

If the Jets win out, they are in the playoffs. This will water down the field in the AFC, maybe blocking out a team like Pitts.

Nobody wants to play Pitts in the playoffs, not even the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    The Stillers are on their way back and the Colts would rather have Jets in playoffs than Pgh. Jets play Cincy next week and Cincy will lay down to keep Pgh out. ( I think Jets get tiebreaker over Pgh). Cincy beat Pgh twice and do not want to see them again.

they remember what the Stillers did a few years ago as a 6 seed.

specialedbob
    specialedbob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, its better to rest your players for the big games.So it's no biggie.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

lol at this thread

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    lol at this thread
    It needs more cowbell.

looch10
    looch10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

I agree with what slacker originally said, who the hell wants pittsburgh with a healthy polamalu in the mix?

But ultimately, the reason I thought the decision sucked was Manning's face on the sideline, he looked sick - like his dog got shot. Peyton's essentially been the true coach of the team from the get-go, clearly the prospect of a perfect season (a true perfect 19-0 season) was Manning's baby, and now it doesn't exist. I know the guy is as motivated as anyone, but you're kidding yourself if this isn't bothering him.

looch10
    looch10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

..if you think this isn't bothering him.**

12 Last