MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Channel 6 in Gainesville, "Meyer suffered a heart attack during season"

A source confirmed to Local 6 sports director David Pingalore on Saturday that Florida head coach Urban Meyer, who is resigning following the team's bowl game, suffered a heart attack during the season.

University of Florida athletics director Jeremy Foley announced on Saturday that Meyer would resign, effective immediately after the Gators' game against Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day.

According to Pingalore's source, Meyer did not inform anyone about the issue.

Meyer's health came into question following that Gators loss in the SEC title game against Alabama. He was admitted into a hospital in Gainesville the following morning for a reported case of dehydration, but Pingalore's source said Meyer suffered another heart issue.

Doctors recently informed Meyer that his health is at a major risk if he continues to coach.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Doctors recently informed Meyer that his health is at a major risk if he continues to coach."

TOTAL FUKKIN BULLSHIT. if his health was at "major risk" then he should quit RIGHT FUKKIN NOW, not even coach the bowl gm

what a total BS story going on here

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Yea right!

Meyer knows his program is up shit creek so he left

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    "Doctors recently informed Meyer that his health is at a major risk if he continues to coach."

TOTAL FUKKIN BULLSHIT. if his health was at "major risk" then he should quit RIGHT FUKKIN NOW, not even coach the bowl gm

what a total BS story going on here
    Hoop, ESPN just reported that he will not be participating in practices any longer

He will be on the sidelines during the game as a farewell to his players.

ZBOIZ

Try telling that story to one of these square posters here! Over 7 starters on defense testing the NFL waters and his heart on offense is leaving. Tell this story to a fool!

His doctor all of a sudden.....lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will not coach next year
    seems legit

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    Try telling that story to one of these square posters here! Over 7 starters on defense testing the NFL waters and his heart on offense is leaving. Tell this story to a fool!

His doctor all of a sudden.....lol
    Z.....he left because he was afraid of Les Miles.

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not a fan of Meyer but one can't argue with his success. If he is really leaving because of a medical issue, he should be praised for for his priority being family and health and not some bowl game.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

he prob has a blocked artery

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

He looked kinda sick b4 the Alabama FLorida game

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

He's just waiting for raheem to get fired and become the bucs coach

NDIrish9
    NDIrish9's Avatar Become A Pro!

God punishing him for not taking the ND job.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He will not coach next year
    seems legit
    I think so too. People don't understand the time, stress, and pressure involved, sleeping on couches in the office, etc.

NDIrish9
    NDIrish9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I think so too. People don't understand the time, stress, and pressure involved, sleeping on couches in the office, etc.
    Yeah, the stress involved knowing that all you have to fall back on is 15+ mil in your bank account (3MM a year salary) and a beautiful family.

I'll do it for $30/hr.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by NDIrish9 View Post
    Yeah, the stress involved knowing that all you have to fall back on is 15+ mil in your bank account (3MM a year salary) and a beautiful family.

I'll do it for $30/hr.
    lol, Div 1 gets compensated well. In these smaller divisions assistants sometimes make 10-12 thousand a year just in hopes of getting a shot at a big gig though.

MilfDriller
    MilfDriller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

must of been fvcking the athletic director's 22-yo daughter.

MilfDriller
    MilfDriller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

prolly organized a tag team on her w/ Tim 'Tag Team' Tebow.... and then she went to her daddy complaining that Meyer and Tebow didn't give her a tip or some such nonsense afterwards

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yea right!

Meyer knows his program is up shit creek so he left
    Clueless as usual.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I just hope he is going to be alright. I would not be shocked if he has a heart procedure done to get it corrected. This guy is pretty young to have heart problems so it probably has something to do with his family history. I kind of feel for him that he has not been well and has been dealing with this for some time now. I am sure that he has been talking about it with his family and they made this decision. No matter what Zboiz says if it was truly a medical problem he should step away and it sure looks like this has been a problem for a while now. I just hope that he gets better with a good treatment program to get this problem under control. Stress no doubt can do this to a coach. Every coach needs to consider his health first and he did the right thing.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

zboiz you idiot , maybe you should have a heart attack and save every one of us on this board from having to see your losing picks, go to hell where you will be soon

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Zboiz is just acting like the loser that he is. He can't win a big game. He is very jealous of the good SEC programs. He lost his arse this year. Just ignore him. Maybe he will grow up, but it is highly doubtful. I guess he just loves punishment. No one makes a bigger fool out of themselves than he does. Maybe that moonshine that he and his hick friends drink will take hom out of this forum, and any other forum, permanently. But if he goes, there goes some of our comic entertainment.

As far as Meyer is concerned, anyone with half a brain should have seen this coming. I know that eliminates Zboiz and all of the other jealous Meyer haters, but the fact is that no one goes to the hospital on a nice December Night suffering from "dehydration". There could be many problems associated with his illness here, but if he has any kind of heart problem, stress would be the biggest killer he would face. What Zboiz, and the other LSU fans do not realize is that Florida will return more starters than LSU will next season. Next, look for attacks on Saban and Alabama from Zboiz and his merry band of losers.

TomDwan
    I Am Now a Star..
    TomDwan's Avatar Become A Pro!

ZBOIZ

lol Zboi is jealous of the good sec programs? Didn't LSU jus win a national title 2 years ago? lol... I think so!

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Clueless as usual.
    Dumb asses like you believe everything you hear in the news.

A lot has been going on at Florida that we don't know about! A lot of players that wasn't expected to go pro will
    test the waters and also coaches were leaving weeks ago. There's something going on in that program that is not being released to the public,
    and the excuse is his health and religious reasons, bullshit! That explains why Florida recruiting cordinator and WR coach left weeks ago.

**stupid fuks like you believe everything that the media tells you! That's not why Meyer is leaving that program. It's more than a fukin health issue.**

like I say it's better to leave on a good note than to be fired 2 years from now because of the inabiliy to win another championship.

TomDwan
    I Am Now a Star..
    TomDwan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumb asses like you believe everything you hear in the news.

A lot has been going on at Florida that we don't know about! A lot of players that wasn't expected to go pro will
    test the waters and also coaches were leaving weeks ago. There's something going on in that program that is not being released to the public,
    and the excuse is his health and religious reasons, bullshit! That explains why Florida recruiting cordinator and WR coach left weeks ago.

**stupid fuks like you believe everything that the media tells you! That's not why Meyer is leaving that program. It's more than a fukin health issue.**

like I say it's better to leave on a good note than to be fired 2 years from now because of the inabiliy to win another championship.
    What, do you have an inside source again? Zboiz you are a moron.....Do you ever read the shit you type? Zboiz, seriously your 6th grade education comes out every time you type something..........Why don't you go mow your yard and find you's cars.....

yisman

ZBOIZ, you are, and always have been, a clueless homer. You know nothing about what's going on in Florida.

Meyer wasn't going to be fired anytime soon, because he's the best coach in college football.

I know you're jealous because LSU has been mediocre of late, but get real. Your bitterness and refusal to accept reality is sad.

How did your guarantee that LSU would beat Florida go?

Just like most of your bets: another loser.

yisman

Now if this were to happen to Les Miles, maybe there would be reason for speculation, because his program has been going downhill the last few seasons.

No one has been better than Urban Meyer recently, so I highly doubt he's "quitting to avoid getting fired".

yisman

oh, and after onthewhat brought the news to SBR, here was ZBOIZ's first post:

Guys Guys this is no suprise to me. On our local radio station there were talks about the program at Florida. Coaches and players been knew about this. That's why so many players and coaches were jumping ship! That also explain why there recruiting cordinator and wr coach left to come to LSU. This was been in the makings!
    I rest my case.

investor
    Chicks jumpin my whip like a moshpit
    investor's Avatar Become A Pro!

LoL i think he'd be allowed more than 2 years of failure....

ZBOIZ

Ok I'll let you clowns have your channel 6 news! Enjoy the smoke there blowing up your ass

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by zboiz View Post
    ok i'll let you clowns have your channel 6 news! Enjoy the smoke there blowing up your ass
    there.

Their.

Use

yous

yuz.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/7097241065

Reported to Espn: urban meyer changes mind, now leave of absence with Asst Steve Adazzio now interim coach.
    20 minutes ago from TweetDeck

ZBOIZ

but what happen to his health?

MartinBlank

but what happen to his health?
    Z. When you formulate these thoughts in your noggin-----how do you get to "but what happen to his health"?

Do you short circuit "happened"?

I don't get the consistant butchering of the english language as if you are some cubano who just stepped onto the shores during the Mariel boatlift.