brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Black people make up 13% of the US population.

Black people commit 49% of the murders in the US.

Black people commit 54% of all violent crime.

Black hip hop culture glorifies pimps and gang members.

Look at the stats. When incidents like this happen, is it really any surprise?
    stop using logic and facts, no coin doesn't like that.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Wow. A guy gets cut by a team because of this? And is banned by the NFL?

Why did the NFL wait so long to ban him? They had this evidence before.

If I'm Rice... a sue the NFL.

Clearly TMZ caused this. They released the video. If this video was never released... Rice would of never got banned. It's simple math. The NFL will not look bad in the public eye period.

brooks85

lol and what would your case be?

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

White power!!!!!!!!!!

TheMoneyShot

Don't know if this was posted or not? NFL Claiming they DID NOT HAVE ACCESS to that video that TMZ released. Wow. I don't know if I should believe them. Rice is going to sue somebody. He has no other choice.

He didn't kill the girl. He punched her. This is ridiculous. I'm not saying it was right. A guy shouldn't lose his career over this though. Far much worse sh#$ in the world today... than what he did.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

so the victim in this is Janay rice ....does having her husband lose his job help her in any way? how does she feel about it i'm going to go out on a limb and say shes probably not for him losing his deal OR is it about the NFL and Ravens saving face after trying to sweep this under the rug with a light touch....just some things to think about.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Don't know if this was posted or not? NFL Claiming they DID NOT HAVE ACCESS to that video that TMZ released. Wow. I don't know if I should believe them. Rice is going to sue somebody. He has no other choice.

He didn't kill the girl. He punched her. This is ridiculous. I'm not saying it was right. A guy shouldn't lose his career over this though. Far much worse sh#$ in the world today... than what he did.
    They've seen it c'mon man you really believe that?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I disagree

I think it was bad. He spit on her and assaulted her in the elevator before she came at him. I am nowhere near on the same side as feminists and people protecting women like they are an endangered species but this was ridiculous.

Add to that a guy just recently lost his billion dollar team because someone secretly taped a private conversation in which he said some stuff. If there is any semblance of consistency in our society the least that happens is Rice loses his career. Actually I think him and Michael Vick should be locked in a cage and only one can exit alive.
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 09-08-14 at 02:47 PM.

brooks85

what about sterling, ok with him losing his business?

didn't see centaur post but exactly, if sterling can lose his company over false accusations that he said something racist even though the tapes prove he didn't, then surely rice should be fire.

Plus, saying "career" when it comes to athletes is an insult to people who have real careers that last more than 5 years to begin with.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    a wee bit different brooks...+ we all know its open season year round on famous powerful white guys...especially on old rich verified racist white guys sorry is what it is... I see it you see it anybody with a clue can see it.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Wow. A guy gets cut by a team because of this? And is banned by the NFL?

Why did the NFL wait so long to ban him? They had this evidence before.

If I'm Rice... a sue the NFL.

Clearly TMZ caused this. They released the video. If this video was never released... Rice would of never got banned. It's simple math. The NFL will not look bad in the public eye period.
    Media ran with it...would have women's groups calling for sponsorship pulls and boycotts, NFL brass told Ravens you know what to do...female mayor of Balty as well....Rice is the sacrificial lamb here. Those angered over the video will have forgotten about it by midseason, all timing being this was opening weekend and the social media lynching. I don't agree with him hitting her, but this is blown way out of proportion now. Just another case of a bad but small event taking place, becomes a national story and that person has to just go away to appease the drama queens. Unreal.

teaserpleaser

silly calling for dude to lose his job period ... social pressure PC world we live in. Nobody is bringing it up that firing her husband probably does more harm to Mrs rice than that ko ...

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    silly calling for dude to lose his job period ... social pressure PC world we live in. Nobody is bringing it up that firing her husband probably does more harm to Mrs rice than that ko ...
    So would you say that Sterling losing his team is silly too?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

What's the big deal? Men will continue to hit women

tony_come

Women will continue to hit men

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    a wee bit different brooks...+ we all know its open season year round on famous powerful white guys...especially on old rich verified racist white guys sorry is what it is... I see it you see it anybody with a clue can see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    So would you say that Sterling losing his team is silly too?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

TheCentaur

You going to answer the question Taserplaeaser? Or your answer is referring to a quote that double standards are ok when a rich white guy is on the bad end of it

How in any galaxy even you might live in is being prejudiced worse than terrorizing and knocking out a woman?

tony_come

I must add, ray rice have a mean punch

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5362

No way Ray Rice can be justified in this how is this not worse than Vick and the dog scandal?

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

I dont care what laws or NFL conduct policies he violated, he violated MAN CODE. You do not hit a woman, ever.

The NFL is a group of proud men, no way in hell they can let this guy be a part of their league.

Ray Rice is a COWARD.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

This will definitely hurt his fantasy value going forward...

tony_come

She married him

He's a good guy

teaserpleaser

You going to answer the question Taserplaeaser? Or your answer is referring to a quote that double standards are ok when a rich white guy is on the bad end of it

How in any galaxy even you might live in is being prejudiced worse than terrorizing and knocking out a woman?
    I linked you to my opinion on the matter.... I didn't say which one is worse you assumed how I felt and want a reaction. As far as open season on white guys its a runaway train at this point how are you going to stop it?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post

Sterling didn't technically lose. He got paid for his business. Just not running his business anymore. I'm sure his financial team... attorneys etc... told him he's better off. Nobody wants to lose. Sterling still won though. Rice has no money.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Black people make up 13% of the US population.

Black people commit 49% of the murders in the US.

Black people commit 54% of all violent crime.

Black hip hop culture glorifies pimps and gang members.

Look at the stats. When incidents like this happen, is it really any surprise?

I don't usually respond to non SBR PRO's but this has nothing to do with race. Your comment is just ignorant.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

he beat small amount of jailtime even w/ that video
    no clue the backtracking shannanagins the nfl is up to but i am more interested in how he beat the initial rap. anyone know?

TheMoneyShot

I disagree

I think it was bad. He spit on her and assaulted her in the elevator before she came at him. I am nowhere near on the same side as feminists and people protecting women like they are an endangered species but this was ridiculous.

Add to that a guy just recently lost his billion dollar team because someone secretly taped a private conversation in which he said some stuff. If there is any semblance of consistency in our society the least that happens is Rice loses his career. Actually I think him and Michael Vick should be locked in a cage and only one can exit alive.
    So basically you're saying... don't get caught on tape.... video and audio and you're fine? Like I said... this happens every single day in America. Let the courts decide his punishment... not the company you work for. If she pressed charges against him... then she agrees and she's allowed to. Then the NFL and Ravens should follow suit. But if she didn't... or drops the charges the NFL and Ravens should follow suit. I'm sure there's a clause in every single athlete's contract that has something to do with this kind of situation. Easy out for the team and NFL corp in general. But regardless... Rice has to sue someone. He has no other choice... reputation is destroyed over one drunken night? Clearly it's a no win situation. No one deserves to get drilled in the head... then again... I don't believe you should lose your contract over it. If the video doesn't surface.... the NFL and the Ravens organization don't terminate Rice. It's not a fair world at all. Everyone makes mistakes... like I said... Rice didn't kill her. I'm sure he knows he fukked up. But man... far more worse sh#$ going down than this... I feel bad for Rice.

tony_come

Black women should riot

tony_come

Good thing ray rice is not white but black

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1181

This happened a long ass time ago, she even testified for him. He went to his anger management classes etc. What he did was wrong but to lose his career over this is absurd. NFL had this evidence and suspended him 2 games for it now all the sudden they ban him because the whole world sees the video? I hope he sues the NFL and wins. Oh and keep in mind the same girl he knocked out he married.

tony_come

^donald sterling

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What a fukkin animal to do that

Ray back in ghetto like all of them end up

YES!!!!!!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 458

This woman has been punished twice. First she was punched in the face. Now she is married to someone who is unemployed and can't support her.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How dumb are these guys???

First ... 2345678 ... Last