El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Last edited by El Nino; 10-07-13 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Wrong Thread

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    124 pitches, guys
    that is because he fell behind a lot of batters and constanty working behind in the count and not ahead 0-2 cause his stuff was off, yet he still ending up striking out 12. he barely threw any stress pitches and thats really what matters the most

im sure he will adjust tonight, attack the strike zone and be working ahead in the count.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2340

Man I cant stop being pissed about this stupid fukin move

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2340

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post
    Look at the obvious, like Mattingly did. Nolasco was shelled in September to the tune of 6.66 1.52 .300.

Garcia, meanwhile, posted 1.65 1.02 2.35 in September-- against all reason. I faded him once and paid for it. Garcia shouldn't have those numbers... his FIP and BABIP are scream correction any pitch now... and he wasn't facing All-Star lineups ...

But the wily old vet Freddy has got his mojo working, wherever it comes from.

Whereas Nolasco has been getting hit like a red-headed stepchild. Do the Dodgers want to be down 8 to 2 in the 7th inning and then pack up for a flight to Atlanta and hear that godawful tomahawk chop chant again with head case Greinke on the mound?

Hell no! Good move Mattingly. Seize the day.
    Who cares its a fukin free roll and you have the best pitcher in all of baseball in case you lose. Are you related to Mattinglowlife

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    LT, No coin, and BigD view using Kershaw as a safety valve.

Hey btw guys can you tell me what the Dodgers record was this year in Kershaw's starts?
    Were those starts on three days rest after throwing 124 pitches?

I'm pretty sure that when teams start pitchers on three days rest in the playoffs they are well below .500 in those games. I read that stat somewhere.

Like I said, LA probably wins regardless but for the Braves to win this series, they will have to beat Kershaw at least once.

Don't you think you're doing them a favor by having them face a Kershaw on three days rest opposed to full rest?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Mattingly isn't a good manager, he just has a lot of talent.

As a Cardinals fan, I love it that they're pitching Kershaw again because if the Cards get by Pitt, they won't see Kershaw in game 1.

LA probably wins regardless of who pitches but if somehow Kershaw doesn't have it (BECAUSE HE IS ON 3 DAYS REST AFTER THROWING 123 PITCHES) and Atlanta wins, the Dodgers are going back to Atlanta for a deciding game after just getting beat at home with their ace.

It's just not something you do when you are the better team, already a heavy favorite, at home, and leading the series for god's sake.

I'll put it this way, for Atlanta to win this series they're going to have to beat Kershaw at least once. Agree?

Don't you think you're giving them a better chance by pitching him on three days rest as opposed to normal rest?
    Mattingly loaded with talent

LT is teed off..he told me he has Atlanta +140

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    not buying the "he wont be comfortable on three days rest" the kid is a young stud who is a fkn horse. not like he has 4390534095 innings already on his arm
    You see, THIS is where the hang up is. You act like it doesn't matter, I see it as uncharted waters and an added variable that does not need to be brought into the equation. And you keep using the "step on the throat" analogy, whereas I think it is more important to have him available for Game 5. You say aggressive, I say stupid. Que sera sera.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

If the Braves win tonight, then he cost them the series.

dombrow3
    dombrow3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 781

Easiest play of the century. You only need Kershaw to go five strong and they should be up by a ton against a bum like Sanchez. This is the easiest bet you can take. Kershaw, series on the line, 3 days rest(remember when they had 3 person rotations back in the day?) Kershaw will bury these guys via cork screwing them into the ground.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2197

Were those starts on three days rest after throwing 124 pitches?

I'm pretty sure that when teams start pitchers on three days rest in the playoffs they are well below .500 in those games. I read that stat somewhere.

Like I said, LA probably wins regardless but for the Braves to win this series, they will have to beat Kershaw at least once.

Don't you think you're doing them a favor by having them face a Kershaw on three days rest opposed to full rest?

I'll save you the research - they went 19-14 in his starts this year. Now would you rather have him start at home on short rest against Freddy Garcia or in Atlanta on normal rest against Kris Medlen?

I'll take my chances with the best pitcher in baseball at home against Freddy Garcia, short rest or no short rest.

BigDofBA

People acting like Kershaw on three days rest is the same as Kershaw fully rested.

The Braves have to beat Kershaw to win this series and the Dodgers are basically doing them a favor by throwing him out there when he isn't 100%.

Granted, even when Kershaw isn't at 100% he is probably still good but why throw another variable into it like LT was saying? You're already the better team and even if you lose you would have a rested Kershaw in your back pocket.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    LT is teed off..he told me he has Atlanta +140
    That bet is a refund. (and it was +141)

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

for shits and giggles I ran the database for MLB playoffs of <=-200. They are 14-3 (ave run diff of 2.4) since Oct. 13 2004 (as far as I can go back). Can anyone pop off the three loses? One of the losses came from a starter on three days rest

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

LT, No coin, and BigD view using Kershaw as a safety valve.

Hey btw guys can you tell me what the Dodgers record was this year in Kershaw's starts?
    And you want a notorious head case who pitches worse on the road, who already lost a game in the series as your safety valve?

And how many days during the season did Kershaw pitch on this short of rest?

Fear Freddy Garcia?

BigDofBA

I'll save you the research - they went 19-14 in his starts this year. Now would you rather have him start at home on short rest against Freddy Garcia or in Atlanta on normal rest against Kris Medlen?

I'll take my chances with the best pitcher in baseball at home against Freddy Garcia, short rest or no short rest.
    When teams start a pitcher in the playoffs coming off three days rest they are 6-10.

That was what I was asking you.

You comparing starts in the regular season when Kershaw was fully rested and probably playing a lot of the teams that didn't make the post-season to a start in the playoffs coming off three days rest. Its not the same thing.

Dodgers probably win anyway but I don't like the move at all.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

People acting like Kershaw on three days rest is the same as Kershaw fully rested.

The Braves have to beat Kershaw to win this series and the Dodgers are basically doing them a favor by throwing him out there when he isn't 100%.

Granted, even when Kershaw isn't at 100% he is probably still good but why throw another variable into it like LT was saying? You're already the better team and even if you lose you would have a rested Kershaw in your back pocket.
    I agree with this

t-wizzle

When teams start a pitcher in the playoffs coming off three days rest that are 6-10.

That was what I was asking you.

You comparing starts in the regular season when Kershaw was fully rested and probably playing a lot of the teams that didn't make the post-season to a start in the playoffs coming off three days rest.
    Dude you're acting like I threw out stats that the Dodgers are an automatic win when Kershaw pitches. They're 19-14 with Kershaw on full rest this season - against plenty of non-playoff teams.

dombrow3
    dombrow3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 781

Anyone remember the Brewers a few years back when they decided to start Suppan vs Sabathia on 3 days rest. How did this work out for the Brewers? Oh yeah, they went home packing like some fuking morons.

Kershaw is telling Sanchez to go home and get his shine box because he will own these fools

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by dombrow3 View Post
    Anyone remember the Brewers a few years back when they decided to start Suppan vs Sabathia on 3 days rest. How did this work out for the Brewers? Oh yeah, they went home packing like some fuking morons.

Kershaw is telling Sanchez to go home and get his shine box because he will own these fools
    More times than not this moves fails.

History backs me up.

It probably wont matter but Ibdobt like the move. Just my opinion.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

More times than not this moves fails.

History backs me up.

It probably wont matter but Ibdobt like the move. Just my opinion.
    Down 2-1, I'd understand. Hell, I'd expect it.

Up 2-1, I think you're right in pointing out they're just trotting a more vulnerable version of Kershaw out there, carrying a basket full of blue and white eggs.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sammy is laying off of game 4... Got a Series bet pending. Win here by LAD is a winner

If gm 5 in Atl May go wiff Braves if price is right

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Sammy is laying off of game 4... Got a Series bet pending. Win here by LAD is a winner

If gm 5 in Atl May go wiff Braves if price is right
    Same boat, Sammy.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Win here by LAD is a winner
    Did you figure that out all by yourself?

Impressive.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Once again proving how brain-dead he is as a manager. You don't bring back Kershaw on three days rest after throwing 124 pitches when you are LEADING the series. It would have been a luxury having the Cy Young winner available for potential Game 5 well rested, I don't care that the game would be in Atlanta. Now what if Kershaw does not have his best stuff tonight, which would certainly be understandable considering he has never started on three days rest before? Then, Greinke would be candidate for another nervous breakdown before Game 5 on the road.
    LT I thought the same thing, You already have a big edge as you are at home and they are pitching freddy, Worst case scenario you have the best picture in Game 5 on the road ready, Now you give the braves the edge ion game 5 and put out a weakened Ace. Why?
    Very rarely does a picture throw well on 3 days rest. Even if they win this is a terrible move

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post

Same boat, Sammy.

Nino... We are in good shape

We have tonight's gm at -150 +/- rather than -220

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Nino... We are in good shape

We have tonight's gm at -150 +/- rather than -220
    Would prefer the win tonight, still disagree with Mattingly's decision.

wagerjunkie

this inning is giving Mattingly grey hairs by the second (top 4) A Gon throws away DP ball now wild pitch 2nd n third no out

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

the 3 days rest looks like it is affecting kershaw

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    the 3 days rest looks like it is affecting kershaw
    lol.

the hell it is..

his defense burned him. he should be out of this inning unscathed. got two double play balls in the inning Doyers botched both of em

t-wizzle

Kershaw pitching well. Defense fukked him.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kershaw could not go more than 6 innings at 91 pitches.

So Belisario coughs it up in the seventh!

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Dodgers end up losing this series. Mattingly gets fired for this stupid move.

t-wizzle

Kershaw pitched fine. Defense cost them the runs, not Clayton. If they get out of that inning he maybe goes one more.

NicAtNight
    NicAtNight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

Garcia still has that post season form.Go Braves

BigDofBA

When teams start a pitcher in the playoffs coming off three days rest they are 6-10.
    On the verge of being 6-11. I don't really care, I just need over 6 so if LA wins 4-3 I'll be happy.

First 1234567 ... Last