Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Juice View Post
    The repubs will lose the bigger picture because of this. Wait until the next election. Nobody will vote repub except die hard tea party supporters.
    I doubt that. The core of each party will still vote for more of the same.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I have my prejudices as the next guy, but the Repubs are acting like a KKK clan.

I understand they want to cut govt spending, but now is still not the time. When everyone looking for work
    has a job and the % is in the 5's, then cut spending and raise taxes.

To appease the insurance companies by trying to get rid of the ACA is hurting people who have to pay higher
    rates for people w/o insurance is bull shit. The Repubs are hiding behind those make believe people.

To cut the SNAP program while 10's of millions are on it is what the KKK would do.

It's clear as day they hate 'bama and all those who voted for him, just by the bills they introduce and their actions.

That's fine and dandy if you agree with what the Repubs are doing, just remember, when they are done with them
    YOU are next.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

It's clear as day they hate 'bama and all those who voted for him, just by the bills they introduce and their actions.

See post #95

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Juice View Post
    The repubs will lose the bigger picture because of this. Wait until the next election. Nobody will vote repub except die hard tea party supporters.
    I'd be willing to make a pretty substantial wager Republicans easily keep the House. Some have been brain washed by liberal media into thinking Republicans are gone. Last I checked they controlled the majority in state Houses, Governorships, House of Representatives, 5 US Supreme Justices and have 46 seats in the US Senate.

Democrats have lost a whopping 57 seats in the House since electing Obama. That includes the historic whipping in 2010 when the Republicans picked up more seats in the House than anytime in US history. So wait until the next election but you should focus on the Senate. It's probably 50-50 shot that Democrats can hang onto the Senate. The House is a foregone conclusion to stay Republican imo.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I'd be willing to make a pretty substantial wager Republicans easily keep the House. Some have been brain washed by liberal media into thinking Republicans are gone. Last I checked they controlled the majority in state Houses, Governorships, House of Representatives, 5 US Supreme Justices and have 46 seats in the US Senate.

Democrats have lost a whopping 57 seats in the House since electing Obama. That includes the historic whipping in 2010 when the Republicans picked up more seats in the House than anytime in US history. So wait until the next election but you should focus on the Senate. It's probably 50-50 shot that Democrats can hang onto the Senate. The House is a foregone conclusion to stay Republican imo.
    As if any of this matters anymore.

All of Congress is corrupt as a whole. The parties are just a red herring. These cats have their own agendas, and newsflash: we, the American people, aren't a part of their plan.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

US Government shut down - 2 team parlay of wrongs

Just a show to get you puppets ready for what's to come........

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25689

A large portion of Congressional districts are so gerrymandered that is almost impossible for the party that holds the seat to lose it.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I have my prejudices as the next guy, but the Repubs are acting like a KKK clan.

I understand they want to cut govt spending, but now is still not the time. When everyone looking for work
    has a job and the % is in the 5's, then cut spending and raise taxes.

To appease the insurance companies by trying to get rid of the ACA is hurting people who have to pay higher
    rates for people w/o insurance is bull shit. The Repubs are hiding behind those make believe people.

To cut the SNAP program while 10's of millions are on it is what the KKK would do.

That's fine and dandy if you agree with what the Repubs are doing, just remember, when they are done with them
    YOU are next.

The KKK would likely only cut programs for anyone not a WASP. So I think the KKK label is undeserved. It's like when folks compare one party or the other to the Nazis. I don't see either party acting like the KKK or the Nazis.

The GOP is fracturing a little more with each election. There are still a lot of decent elected GOP office holders and I'd bet the majority of average "man on the street" type persons who associates themselves with the party are rational and reasonable. I feel the problems is with the extremes within the party refusing to do anything unless they get their way.

Tully Mars 63

That's the way I see. Plus the US voter has a very short memory. The Dems were doomed to extinction according to a lot of folks in 2002-2006 (give or take.) Can you imagine the odds you could have gotten in 2002 betting someone not only would the Dems take the WH in '08 but their candidate would be black and his middle name would be Hussein? Million to one probably.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

The fact of the matter is that 'obamacare' was passed by Congress, signed into law by the executive, and upheld by the conservative Supreme Court. If Republicans really loved the Constitution they keep in their pockets they'd accept the law and stop acting like spoiled school children.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The idea that anything will change regardless of which party is "in control" is a laughable notion these days.

Think outside the box a little and analyze your own party, fellas, instead of wasting all of your time/energy/breath throwing stones at the other side. Equal incompetence. Equal blame.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The idea that anything will change regardless of which party is "in control" is a laughable notion these days.

Think outside the box a little and analyze your own party, fellas, instead of wasting all of your time/energy/breath throwing stones at the other side. Equal incompetence. Equal blame.
    I hear ya.

Over here we bitch between elections about how the corps "own" us and then go to the polls with the believe that our vote matters...Its so laughable yet so sad to see that thinking for one's self has become a slowly dying artform...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    I hear ya.

Over here we bitch between elections about how the corps "own" us and then go to the polls with the believe that our vote matters...Its so laughable yet so sad to see that thinking for one's self has become a slowly dying artform...
    At one point in time, we elected politicians with the idea they would go to D.C. and actually, you know, represent their constituents. Novel concept, eh?

That notion is long, long gone, yet the procedure -- and sadly, the expectations to do so -- are still in place. Even worse, you get the partisan hacks on both sides bickering with each other, which is exactly what these crooked politicians want you to do. Instead of critiquing your own party's representatives, partisans ignore their own shortcomings and waste all of their energy ripping the other side -- even if the country is crumbling around them. They'd rather play the blame game based on the "D" and the "R" than solve the real problem.

It's a sad, simplistic, archaic way of thinking, yet we march forward with it as a country. Half of us (at least) are too apathetic or fed up to get involved, yet the ones who are going to the polls are doing so for all the wrong reasons and intentions.

Look no further than this thread -- or any random political thread at SBR -- for proof. It turns into a pissing contest full of distractions and dick measuring as the entire lot of politicians sneaks off like a thief in the night. Again, we're just falling right into the trap.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: newguy

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10086

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    At one point in time, we elected politicians with the idea they would go to D.C. and actually, you know, represent their constituents. Novel concept, eh?

That notion is long, long gone, yet the procedure -- and sadly, the expectations to do so -- are still in place. Even worse, you get the partisan hacks on both sides bickering with each other, which is exactly what these crooked politicians want you to do. Instead of critiquing your own party's representatives, partisans ignore their own shortcomings and waste all of their energy ripping the other side -- even if the country is crumbling around them. They'd rather play the blame game based on the "D" and the "R" than solve the real problem.

It's a sad, simplistic, archaic way of thinking, yet we march forward with it as a country. Half of us (at least) are too apathetic or fed up to get involved, yet the ones who are going to the polls are doing so for all the wrong reasons and intentions.

Look no further than this thread -- or any random political thread at SBR -- for proof. It turns into a pissing contest full of distractions and dick measuring as the entire lot of politicians sneaks off like a thief in the night. Again, we're just falling right into the trap.
    I don't agree with everything you said here as I think politicians are, for the most part, representing their constituents, but unfortunately they are representing the squeaky wheel ones and not the majority in all cases. That said - your line about it turning into a pissing contest is SPOT ON. I am a full-blooded Republican but can't believe how retarded we look not being willing to negotiate. Also amazed at how poor we do at getting our message out (Repubs offered to pass a CR that fully funded Obamacare if both houses of Congress and the White House agreed to purchase Obamacare on the network that it sets up w/o any government subsidies and Dem's said that would create an all-out war).

That said - its like every little thing these days becomes a total pissing contest with neither side willing to budge. How we as a country don't go to the polls every two years and just elect out every incumbent, regardless of political affiliation, is beyond me.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Thank god I live in California...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I don't agree with everything you said here as I think politicians are, for the most part, representing their constituents, but unfortunately they are representing the squeaky wheel ones and not the majority in all cases. That said - your line about it turning into a pissing contest is SPOT ON. I am a full-blooded Republican but can't believe how retarded we look not being willing to negotiate. Also amazed at how poor we do at getting our message out (Repubs offered to pass a CR that fully funded Obamacare if both houses of Congress and the White House agreed to purchase Obamacare on the network that it sets up w/o any government subsidies and Dem's said that would create an all-out war).

That said - its like every little thing these days becomes a total pissing contest with neither side willing to budge. How we as a country don't go to the polls every two years and just elect out every incumbent, regardless of political affiliation, is beyond me.
    Unfortunately, well said.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Good discussion in thread.
    What is the cause of the shutdown? Is it because they are not giving up on getting rid of obama care?

Ive always respected what Govenor Christie has had to say, I know some republicans are opposing this shutdown, and don't mind pushing obamacare through?, SBR Jhon, perhaps you know what Christie's stance is in this matter?

Greg242
    Greg242's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6854

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    You serious lol?? Unfortunately as much as I love the state and the weather I recently moved out of California bc I couldn't take the intrusions anymore. To start an out of control spending problem with the state basically bankrupt. An absurdly high state income tax and lots of other unnecessary taxes, out of control gun control, high gas prices and out of control environmental regulations, and it even being illegal to use my cell phone while driving.

While Nevada is not perfect I feel much more free here now. I own the guns I want to, I pay no state income tax and lots of other taxes do not exist, gambling is legal, an in control state budget, and much more. It is not perfect by any means but a lot better then California!

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    paypal fees are too high

Definitely. Those fuks are robbing people. When ever I accumulate a large amount through paypal I always use the funds to purchase big ticket item which saves me from the paypal tax.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Our good jobs that should be in the US to give US citizens opportunities to succeed and live the American dream are leaving forever. They will continue to leave until they are all gone or until we decide to compete with lower taxes.
    Interesting take, given you completely overlooked the wages factor and went straight to lower taxes.

Corporations are relocating because they can pay slave wages in foreign countries first and foremost.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do you realize we can do away with federal government and get out of debt????

States can take over everything

Also as you all know politicians are in office to help themselves, , friends and family and can care less if they destroy the nation

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Do you realize we can do away with federal government and get out of debt????

States can take over everything

Also as you all know politicians are in office to help themselves, , friends and family and can care less if they destroy the nation
    Except all the military, national parks, courts that settle claims between states citizens, etc.

The US is only keeping up with their lost war on drugs because it's become a job issue.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most of fed gov't jobs are political paybacks

If you ever saw the salaries you would get sick

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

jj speak about something you know about... for instance hosting the local glory hole out back of the deli

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Yea must to be great being a midget and paying a couple grand a month on a 1 bedroom apartment

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    jj speak about something you know about... for instance hosting the local glory hole out back of the deli
    Exactly.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Yea must to be great being a midget and paying a couple grand a month on a 1 bedroom apartment
    Better than being a broke obese turd living next to boarded up houses

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32491

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Harry Reid hates white people
    Been saying all along, put a pair of gloves on Reid and Boehner, there's a genuine hatred there anyway, loser conceded to the winning side.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i always enjoy the so called deep thinkers who think we shouldn't even vote because both parties are the exact same. JUst recently the EPA issued new, tough rules on capping carbon. If Mitt had won, we'd be talking about abolishing the EPA. Elections matter fellas. Ur rhetoric is nothing but a lazy take on things so u don't have to use any energy to get up that day and vote.

Thor4140

Millions flee the country because of Obamacare

Millions of Tea Party loyalists fled the United States in the early morning hours today, seeking what one of them called “the American dream of liberty from health care.” Harland Dorrinson, 47, a tire salesman from Lexington, Kentucky, packed up his family and whatever belongings he could fit into his Chevy Suburban just hours before the health-insurance exchanges opened, joining the Tea Party’s Freedom Caravan with one goal in mind: escape from Obamacare.
    “My father didn’t have health care and neither did my father’s father before him,” he said. “I’ll be damned if I’m going to let my children have it.”
    But after driving over ten hours to the Canadian border, Mr. Dorrinson was dismayed to learn that America’s northern neighbor had been in the iron grip of health care for decades.
    “The border guard was so calm when he told me, as if it was the most normal thing in the world,” he said. “It’s like he was brainwashed by health care.”
    Turning away from Canada, Mr. Dorrinson joined a procession of Tea Party cars heading south to Mexico, noting, “They may have drug cartels and narcoterrorism down there, but at least they’ve kept health care out.”
    Mr. Dorrinson was halfway to the southern border before he heard through the Tea Party grapevine that Mexico, too, has public health care, as do Great Britain, Japan, Turkey, Spain, Belgium, New Zealand, Slovenia, and dozens of other countries to which he had considered fleeing.
    Undaunted, Mr. Dorrinson said he had begun looking into additional countries, like Chad and North Korea, but he expressed astonishment at a world seemingly overrun by health care.
    “It turns out that the United States is one of the last countries on earth to get it,” he said. “It makes me proud to be an American.”

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

you have spent to much time in New Jersey with Tony Soprano.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Cool made up story dipshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Millions flee the country because of Obamacare

Millions of Tea Party loyalists fled the United States in the early morning hours today, seeking what one of them called “the American dream of liberty from health care.” Harland Dorrinson, 47, a tire salesman from Lexington, Kentucky, packed up his family and whatever belongings he could fit into his Chevy Suburban just hours before the health-insurance exchanges opened, joining the Tea Party’s Freedom Caravan with one goal in mind: escape from Obamacare.
    “My father didn’t have health care and neither did my father’s father before him,” he said. “I’ll be damned if I’m going to let my children have it.”
    But after driving over ten hours to the Canadian border, Mr. Dorrinson was dismayed to learn that America’s northern neighbor had been in the iron grip of health care for decades.
    “The border guard was so calm when he told me, as if it was the most normal thing in the world,” he said. “It’s like he was brainwashed by health care.”
    Turning away from Canada, Mr. Dorrinson joined a procession of Tea Party cars heading south to Mexico, noting, “They may have drug cartels and narcoterrorism down there, but at least they’ve kept health care out.”
    Mr. Dorrinson was halfway to the southern border before he heard through the Tea Party grapevine that Mexico, too, has public health care, as do Great Britain, Japan, Turkey, Spain, Belgium, New Zealand, Slovenia, and dozens of other countries to which he had considered fleeing.
    Undaunted, Mr. Dorrinson said he had begun looking into additional countries, like Chad and North Korea, but he expressed astonishment at a world seemingly overrun by health care.
    “It turns out that the United States is one of the last countries on earth to get it,” he said. “It makes me proud to be an American.”

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

But you're a melt
    Better than being a broke obese turd living next to boarded up houses

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Cool made up story dipshit
    ya think? Story is just showing what kind of fuking fools we have in this country. Fools like u.

First ... 23456 Last