frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The Broncos will not win 7.5 games/Invest It Now!

Get it while you can fellas at -115, for the Broncos to win less than 7.5 games. I have no idea why this team is getting so much respect. Last year team managed to finish at 8-8, thanks to a 6-0 start and couple of fluke wins along the way. One win was thanks to a fluke Brandon Stokley tip pass TD, while the other an unbelievable athletic catch and run TD by Brandon Marshall that should of easily been intercepted for a pick six.

The 2010 Broncos will much less explosive with the departure of B. Marsh and tight end Tony Scheffler. Without any kind of passing attack, and the traditional strong Broncos running game under Shanahan, I have no clue how many points these guy can possible put up to have a chance to win. The defense will clearly suffer without Mike Nolan defensive schemes. The Broncos secondary is still strong with the trio of Dawkins, Bailey, and Goodman, but the front seven is still suspect. Elvis Dumervil is about the only impact player they have, and his suspect as pass defender or run stopper. The Broncos defense will be exposed again, like they did in the 2nd half of the season going 2-8. They will not stop anyone.

I believe the Broncos will win only six games at most. This team could not even sweep the woeful Chiefs or Raiders last year, losing to both teams at Home! Tebow or Orton is not good enough to compete against Rivers in an off day, so you could basically lock up 4 AFC west lost for the Broncos. Here's the 2010 Broncos schedule, and why they will lose these other six or more game out of the AFC west.

1. Sept 12. At Jacksonville Loss-I don't think this team will do well on the road this year.
    2. Sept 19. Vs Seattle Win-I can see them winning, because Seattle sux on the road playing AFC opponents
    3. Sept 26. Vs Indianapolis Loss-No chance in hell Manning could possibly lose to Orton
    4. Oct 3. At Tennessee Loss-Another tough road game. Vince Young and Chris Johnson should have a field day.
    5. Oct 10. At Ravens Loss-Baltimore is just to physical for this, nothing hasn't changed much between the two from last year. Expecting another suffocating defensive performance from the Ravens.
    6. Oct 17. Vs Jets Win-I'm still not a big believer of Sanchez on the road, and the Mile High city steals this one.
    7. Oct 27. Vs Oakland Win-The Raiders always seems to the lost the first game, but come out strong the 2nd time.
    8. Oct 31. At San Francisco Loss-The 49ers will win the NFC west this year, and they will not lose to a non-contender like these Broncos.
    9. Nov 14. Vs Kansas City Win-The Broncos will look to avenge last year home loss, and come out strong this game.
    10. Nov 22. At San Diego Loss-Tebow or Orton vs Phillips, I'll gladly take Phillip even if he doesn't have Vincent Jackson by then. The Chargers still has Gates, and an explosive rookie running back in Ryan Matthews.
    11. Nov 28. Vs St.Louis Win-The Rams are a joke, and the Broncos traditionally do well against NFC opponents at home.
    12. Dec 5. At Kansas City Loss-The Broncos has not won in Kansas City in December since that 1998 Superbowl team did it. And it won't change here.
    13. Dec 12. At Cardinals win-I'm still not sold on Lienart, and Orton might be just good enough.
    14. Dec 19. At Oakland Loss-Denver has not swept Oakland since 2005. The Raiders always play the Broncos like it's the Superbowl, and they split the season again.
    15. Dec 26. Vs Houston Loss-Look for the Texans high power offense to run all over the Broncos Defense. The Broncos will probably be demoralized by this point of the season, and give up on coach Mcdouche.
    16. Jan 2. Vs San Diego Loss-The Chargers will be trying to solidify their playoffs standings, while the Broncos will be in rebuilding mode. The entire will do like they did against Kansas City at home, give up!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

im sold

foosh99
    foosh99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Good looking out.

JayTrotter
    JayTrotter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you are forgetting that your team has tim tebow... hahahaha.. he's good for a couple wins by himself...

ijrod21i
    ijrod21i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol, going game by game like that never works. Every season is completely different and it is absolutely unpredictable.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by ijrod21i View Post
    Lol, going game by game like that never works. Every season is completely different and it is absolutely unpredictable.
    Just look at the first 5 games, then. If they win even one of those first five, they should feel lucky.

But I agree, it'll be tough to know which teams will be strong in December, unless you look at the Broncos track record for finishing out the season. That's basically what you're counting on if you're going against this bet. You're saying that the Broncos can make it up on the back end when they've proven that they will absolutely fold.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Same division as putrid KC and Oak...8 wins within reach

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by ijrod21i View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it will play out exactly like he said, but the Broncs could also lose against the Cardinals, and I would think that if you suspect their front seven of weakness, the Jets would beat them as well. However, they might again pull out a couple of the games you would think they should lose.

All in all it does add up to about six wins.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Playing in a horrible division with OAK and KC. I am not as sold on JAX as you apparently are. 8 Wins are within reach. I am staying away from this one. Good luck to you

vanc
    vanc's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is probably very good investment.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    Same division as putrid KC and Oak...8 wins within reach
    Let me rephrased myself, the Broncos will lose at least 4 games in the AFC west alone in 2010. The 2009 Broncos lost two must wins for a playoff berth to the lowly (4-11) Chiefs and (5-12) Raiders at HOME in Mile high. McDouche is not NFL Head coaching material, this guy doesn't know how to call plays or has any clue in making any in game adjustments. When the going gets tough, the Broncos will quit on him again. Except maybe Tim Tebow, who's a non-factor anyways.

This is an easy play here fellas. Just put in 1k or whatever, and celebrate the New Year with a stress free investment. And use then you can use that winning to double up in the Superbowl

vboyt
    vboyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

last season someone said that the broncos would not win more than 6 or 7...and how did they start out?.....

actionchris
    actionchris's Avatar Become A Pro!

raiders aren't going to be terrible this year so those games aren't automatic wins anymore and kc always plays tough at home

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by vboyt View Post
    last season someone said that the broncos would not win more than 6 or 7...and how did they start out?.....
    If they start out like that again this year, I'll eat my SBR polo shirt. Look at that schedule to start the year.

JayTrotter
    JayTrotter's Avatar Become A Pro!

KC and OAK have improved.
    DEN defense is pretty bad.
    what is the track record of coaches who coached in NEW ENGLAND?

Romeo= good first year
    Weiss= good first year
    mangini= good first year (NYJ)
    schwartz= he coaches the lions...

His tree looks like his coordinators do very well in college, but those are guys from waaay back. recently the co-ordinators are way to paranoid, and their experience to compartmentalized to handle the reality of head coaching.

This being said, Mcdaniels and the broncos GM understand what they are doing in this sense. They are making big gambles, (getting rid of nolan, marshall, cutler), and preparing to do it their way. 6-0 was not a fluke, and neither was the finish.

You are betting against Mcdaniels, and Tebow like everyone.

main problem with this bet.. when you go 8-8, you average about 8.3 wins the next season.

The genius of this bet... when you win 5 or 4 games you average about 7 wins the next season. The bet is based on KC and OAK getting those 2 bonus wins from DEN..

If it comes down to the last game, the Chargers could be resting starters.. which would be ok, because you could hedge..

The real ? would be if mcdaniels has enough balls to start TEBOW... than all bets are off.. Contrary to popular opinion, nobody knows WTF TEBOW will do in the pros... They said the same things about VY, and he is still standing. Saying someone is going to get hurt, is a very safe bet, which QB hasn't FARVE?

So I say, Mcdaniels get rid of Orton, he is a conservative QB, take this year, which is probably your last, and bet the farm on the kid. I mean at least TEBOW has upside.. ORTON will do what he does, not lose.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

I think they go over 7.5

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6543

I agree Denver won't win 8 games, but I gotta say in addition to Elvis, DJ williams is a stud as well

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now if they manage to start out 4-1 or 5-1, this very same frostno guy will be saying they will win 12 games and get a first round bye.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Just in case anyone missed last year,

Frostno pretty much guaranteed they wouldnt win 6 games, then after they started 6-0 he became one of the biggest bronco bandwagon jumpers on this whole board ( and that says a lot because almost the the whole board was on that bronco bandwagon ). After they started 6-0, he said they would win 12 games easily and get a first round bye. That was only 2 months after his thread " the Broncos will not win 6 games, bank on it "

Dude had the Broncos pegged 100% wrong, he was against them and they went 6-0, then he jumped on their bandwagon just in time to see them finish 2-8.

So dont take this thread too seriously, dude might be in here talking about how great the Broncos are 1 month into the season.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98;
    you can bank on it. I'm putting 1k for under 7 broncos wins at -175. This should be an easy bet. Denver has not really address their defensive problems, their front seven is still despicable. This is the same horrible defense from last year that gave up 30 points with ease. This time around, they won't have an offense that will give this team a fighting chance with kyle orton at the helm. I see maybe a 5 wins season here, and tie for last place with the raiders.
    1 month later

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98,

denver will win the west. They will beat the chefs twice, and the raiders again, and then washington giving them 10 wins, that alone might clinch them the division. This team is way too discipline under coach mcdaniels, to get lax and not play the bad teams seriously this year. And they'll pick up two more wins somewhere else giving them 12 total and 1st round bye. Those two wins will probably come from the steelers, giants, or san diego at home, or at philly, since mcnabb sux

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The Broncos will probably be demoralized by this point of the season, and give up on coach Mcdouche.

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98;

This team is way too discipline under coach mcdaniels, to get lax and not play the bad teams seriously.
    Points Awarded:

Chuck Sims gave nobs 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

A likely split with Oakland and K.C keeps them below 500

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

lolz i think you've been called out frostno

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19355

I wouldn't take the under when they play KC and Oakland twice each as well as St Louis, Seattle, Arizona without Kurt warner, and Jacksonville.

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed... very nice call.

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I think Denver will be over 500 this year

johnson
    johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably under but it will be close.

cactuslv
    cactuslv's Avatar Become A Pro!

passing

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I have them winning 8 games this year
    I took over 7.5 +105 @ 5Dimes and is now at -105

mets
    mets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could go either way. Won't play it.

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    I have them winning 8 games this year
    I took over 7.5 +105 @ 5Dimes and is now at -105
    Quit lying to yourself alreadybecause I been looking through 5dimes for days to get a lower juice and they don't have it! The lowest I could find so far is the -115 at Youwager.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

good luck, I like the time you put into the analysis

eelab
    eelab's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think they win 9.

vboyt
    vboyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

lol i guess it was him who said that

frostno98

Update from the Denver Post. The Broncos All world linebacker Elvis Dumervil(17 Sacks) looks to be out 5 months or more with a torn pectoral muscle. The Broncos will have absolute no pressure on the opposing team QB now! Look for more scoring opportunities for the other team, while the starless Broncos offense struggle mightily to counter with a 10 point effort led by Kyle Orton.

123 Last