tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Citi bank hikes credit card rates to 29.99 Percent

Got letter in the mail from Citi bank saying that as of Nov 30 rates on ************ will go up to 29 percent I'm opting out tomorrow its bad enough when you pay these guys then they hike you're rate 103percent then expect you to pay that shit on top of all they didn't we bail these ****s out on the backend now they want thirty percent on the front end plus a $10 cash advance fee on top of whatever the atm charges you then they want you to sign up for a 10 percent reimbursement program on you're balance with that hike you still are paying 26 percent on your money.I just want to get the word put you know a bank is in trouble when they have to charge a default rate on people who don't default opt people while you can you would be stupid to take the default rate plus they hiked annual fees from 80-100 dollars plus they are dumping gas station ************ altogether

docrocker
    docrocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Credit card companies are the reason why our country is upside down... They run illegal practices yet, no one stops them. They got bailed out by the government.... aka your tax money at 0 percent interest or max of 1.25 yet they charge us now 30 percent.. and lower our credit limit so our credit score lowers as well. Its a game... and karma will get those money loving whores

windmann2
    windmann2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Credit Card Companies can rot in hell....The most in-depth look of how they set up the system and manipulated it to their benefit is done by FRONTLINE news magazine on PBS...their site is down right now but you can watch the whole episode there...the epitome of predatory lending

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Credit Card Companies are just plain greedy. I only have one for emergencies and that is all I do plan to have is only one.

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

screw em. Advance your entire limit and bet in on the Nashville Predators or something. If you win you might almost triple your money. And if you lose, who cares? Collection agents can call my wrong number for years. We don't speak Spanish.

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper

but yeah i got the letter too. that's great you didn't have a cash advance fee already at your bank. COol deal. Of course it's 30% wait 30% that is hi. i thought they were only 25% interest rates. I dunno. They export all the jobs to India and Mexico, so what does a ninja do?

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper

Hello, my name iz ind i in cow boy an i wood like to ask if u can pay thee fee?
    MAANDY??? Yo NO HABLO. QUIEN NO HABLA?
    yes a meester a cube. iz it i am sorree. uh yes u need to pay thee credit.
    SI PERRO, HE'S WORKING. AND UH ITS MY BROTHER. BUT HE'S NO HERE.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15337

There not only doing that. They are canceling accounts with no notice and increasing minimum payments from 2% to 5%. These clowns take the TARP money and when we ask how the money was used they tell us to fuk off. Great country

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by docrocker View Post
    Credit card companies are the reason why our country is upside down... They run illegal practices yet, no one stops them. They got bailed out by the government.... aka your tax money at 0 percent interest or max of 1.25 yet they charge us now 30 percent.. and lower our credit limit so our credit score lowers as well. Its a game... and karma will get those money loving whores

People will just stop paying all together and they will get fukked. It's sad to see the guy that only used 400 or so get fukked at 30% and its up to 5k in no time on interest alone. When he can only make the minimum he will never break down the balance and will pay off interest alone. Fukk heads should be in prisoned.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

People will just stop paying all together and they will get fukked. It's sad to see the guy that only used 400 or so get fukked at 30% and its up to 5k in no time on interest alone. When he can only make the minimum he will never break down the balance and will pay off interest alone. Fukk heads should be in prisoned.

or back to israel

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 518

If you have a zero balance the 30% rate will not affect you.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol, broke people crying, lol

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Predatory lending. Also known as usury. The reason why Christ threw out the money lenders (and was crucified shortly after). Jewish financial mafia at work. Nothing new under the sun. But it may be too late for those who envisioned a free America.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 10-21-09 at 11:28 AM.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing more I hate than ************.

yellowman
    yellowman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Citibank is the worst credit card in the history of histories...they can lick my crusty ballsack

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Max out your credit card & fade Brandon Lang.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by tltaylor89 View Post
    Got letter in the mail from Citi bank saying that as of Nov 30 rates on ************ will go up to 29 percent I'm opting out tomorrow its bad enough when you pay these guys then they hike you're rate 103percent then expect you to pay that shit on top of all they didn't we bail these ****s out on the backend now they want thirty percent on the front end plus a $10 cash advance fee on top of whatever the atm charges you then they want you to sign up for a 10 percent reimbursement program on you're balance with that hike you still are paying 26 percent on your money.I just want to get the word put you know a bank is in trouble when they have to charge a default rate on people who don't default opt people while you can you would be stupid to take the default rate plus they hiked annual fees from 80-100 dollars plus they are dumping gas station ************ altogether

I got the same letter from them! I couldnt believe it either! I'm opting out of this and closing my account so I can stay at the 12.99% I have now.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

The writing is on the wall folks!!!

The stock is going to crash back down below 8,300 and housing will slump more.

Soon there will be NO CREDIT but for a very select few.

We are doomed.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm... I should check all my citi cards.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

CITI headquarters in Vegas............what do you expect.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n

I think they think we are stupid or something I have two other ************ capital one has never done this to me citi bank will lose busines now because they are back to where they started people opting out to get the same rate and everybody paying the same money before they hiked the rates.Pavy even if you do have a zero balance think about it if you spend money on that card boom you are paying a default rate just for being a good customer and I would hate to see the default rate n

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n

They are trying to beat credit card legislation that goes into affect in February that stops then from doing stuff like this

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

"Predatory lending" - I always get a laugh when liberals use this ridiculous term.

The big bad banks forcing money down the throats of the poor at high interest rates, LOL.

If you don't like the interest rate, THEN DON'T TAKE OUT THE LOAN.
    Points Awarded:

MilfDriller gave andywend 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 518

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    "Predatory lending" - I always get a laugh when liberals use this ridiculous term.

The big bad banks forcing money down the throats of the poor at high interest rates, LOL.

If you don't like the interest rate, THEN DON'T TAKE OUT THE LOAN.
    You are wrong. I have a zero balance on my credit card and for years I had a 13.99% rate but this week I got a letter saying it will go up to 29.99% in which I replied by requesting my account to be closed. There is a loan shark two blocks from my house if I want to be charged 29.99% rate.

andywend

Pavy, I do agree with what you did.

I have never carried a balance on any credit card but if they raised the interest rate from 14% to 30%, I too would close the account based on sheer principal.

With that being said, the bankruptcy laws need to be changed both on the personal and corporate side.

Corporations are using Chapter 11 bankruptcies for the sole reason of eliminating debt they rightfully owe. Even the owner of the Chicago Cubs baseball team filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy right before he sold his team because it was beneficial for him to do so.

On the personal side, people are allowed to file bankruptcy and get out of paying the debts they owe.

In my opinion, any creditor should have the right to take your house, your car and the shirt off your damn back to collect what they are owed assuming the debt is legitimate.

So many deadbeats defaulting on the credit card debt they themselves built up is the reason why you see these ridiculous 30% interest rates.

MilfDriller, thanks for the support of my prior post and I'm glad there's a few rational people like yourself that can see through this left-wing liberal garbage.

austine
    austine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello There!
    This is Austine!
    Im new in this site!
    Credit Card Companies can rot in hell....The most in-depth look of how they set up the system and manipulated it to their benefit is done by FRONTLINE news magazine on PBS...their site is down right now but you can watch the whole episode there...the epitome of predatory lending
    Thanks!
    Have a nice day to all.
    Good Luck!

andywend

Theres that ridiculous term "predatory lending" again!!!

If banks refuse to make loans to higher risk individuals, the liberals are up in arms about it.

When the banks give in and make these loans but want to charge higher interest rates to offset the higher default risk, left-wing lunatics call it "predatory lending".

The only way to appease democrats is to have banks make standard loans to high risk individuals and then make it illegal for the banks to go after those that default on their loans.

Everyone talks about there NOT being a debtors jail. Perhaps our country should start building some.

jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I hate banks so do what I did when I was 18 max out 30K worth of cash and goods and tellem to eat it!

InThisMoment
    hello
    InThisMoment's Avatar Become A Pro!

I seriously hope some of you are tongue-in-cheek with your comments in this thread. If not, I shudder to think what your future will be like without any sound financial education and reasoning.

jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Yeah when I was 25 they wiped it all off and I got better credit now then I did then.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

citi bank is a thief bank!

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n

****ing opted out of that shit whoever pays their bills with that rate tac ked to their ass deserves to be swindled.

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Have been struggling with my small business for last few years and had to find a way to finance some jobs. I have a CitiCard Small Business credit card. I have absolutely perfect credit and they raised mine to 29.99% as well. Very difficult to make a small business run right now and add these extra fees, you feel like you are swimming upstream.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12899

Yep, its no fun owing the man. The sooner a person can pay his credit card bill at the end of the month, the better. Otherwise, you know not to buy the product.
    Even better, get a debit card. When you run out of money on the debit card, the spending stops. Too bad we can't earn money as fast as we are trained to spend it.
    I can see someone under 25 doing the irresponsible thing. Maxing out a bunch of cards, and then just not pay. It is an unsecured loan.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowman View Post
    Citibank is the worst credit card in the history of histories...they can lick my crusty ballsack
    No ..there are plenty lower level cards much worse

Citi is the worst of the big 4 imo ( Chase-Cap 1-Citi-BkofAma)

Amex sucks for me..they want the entire amount I spend each month

12 Last