alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Best NFL coach right now..

i would say bill belichick or josh mcdaniels, i know mcdaniels is really young but hes doing a great job right now

Crash
    is not a pro
    Crash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

yep

Lumpy81
    Lumpy81's Avatar Become A Pro!

i might be a bit bias because i am a broncos fan but mcdaniels has made the best coaching adjustments during games. The broncos have been dominant in second halves this season

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

McDaniels easily

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Thanks captain obvious...

windmann2
    windmann2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sean Payton gave up 250K a year of his own salary to get Gregg Williams signed as his Defensive Coordinator...Top Scoring offense in the League...The Saints haven't trailed for one second this season...14 points closest winning margin..It's not EVEN CLOSE...

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

McDaniels or Sean Payton. You know Caldwell doesn't look bad for the colts either... Even the Falcons coach is doing a great job...

All 4 coaches don't have outstanding defensive personnel. But they have gotten there pieces to play well and the other guys have accepted there roles to allow there defense as a unit to shine.

Who thought Orton would be this good? A 2nd year QB with 1 wr and 1 TE possibly being a super bowl contender? Colts defense without bob sanders being this good? Saints attrocious defense playing above average...

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Tomlin until the next Super Bowl champion coach comes along...

tripp
    tripp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Belicheck, Payton, McDaniels, Tomlin, Ryan, Whisenhunt, Fisher, Sparano

that would most likely be my top 8. a lot of good coaches though, and how they get looked at has a lot to do with lucky and personnel

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Head Coach---Tomlin, Sparano, Singletary, Belichek, Sean Peyton, Packers HC, Coughlin, McDaniels

O Coord--- Sean Peyton, Can Cameron, Miami's OC, Packers OC, McDaniels

D Coord--- Gregg Williams, Colts DC, Belicheck, Steelers DC, Mike Nolan

WINGZ
    WINGZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Best coach is a toss-up......but the smartest has to be Mike Shanahan....highest paid coach in da NFL(kinda) and he sits on his couch sundays and watches all da games on da tube...the catch? he simply has to keep it zipped and not say anything bad about the Broncs!!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by WINGZ View Post
    Best coach is a toss-up......but the smartest has to be Mike Shanahan....highest paid coach in da NFL(kinda) and he sits on his couch sundays and watches all da games on da tube...the catch? he simply has to keep it zipped and not say anything bad about the Broncs!!
    In a real sense he is highly overrated. McDaniels took over the same team, and has changed them for the better. Shanahan has not accomplished anything since Elway retired. Better O Coor, than a HC.

I say all this b/c as a Cowboys fan I do not want him as HC next year. We will not improve.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

No love for Andy Reid? He's always been underrated.

What about Mr. Noodle in Minnesota? He's 6-0 after all. Don't tell me Favre gets ALL the credit.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

McDaniels and Peyton.

tripp
    tripp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    No love for Andy Reid? He's always been underrated.

What about Mr. Noodle in Minnesota? He's 6-0 after all. Don't tell me Favre gets ALL the credit.
    I don't think Reid is taking full advantage of the weapon he has in Vick this year. Why sign him if you won't use him? Vick is a playmaker, they need him in the game as much as possible.

As for Childress, people wanted him fired after last year, now he is up there with the top coaches? Favre doesn't get all that much credit from me either. The fact that the team is stacked with the best OL in football, best DL in football, and best RB in football is what makes them great, as well as some damn good LB's.

People overreact i think to what they're seeing right now. That's why I have Jeff Fisher in my group of top head coaches. Last year guys were calling him the best, he had the Titans out of nowhere to the best record in football, and now everyone wants him fired because of an 0-6 start. What people fail to see is he has 1) Absolutely no quarterback and nothing even close to resembling a reliable receiver, 2) an overrated OL, and 3) a depleted defense that fed off of Haynesworth last year. Big AL commanded so much attention he made everyone around him better and now he is gone and the Titans show what they are, a very untalented team.

Fisher taking way too much heat this year, and just because his team is 0-6 I would take him over some of the coaches that are 6-0 right now. Not as if you put Fisher in charge of the Vikings, or Colts and they get worse.

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Peyton, Tomlin and Belicheck

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Belichek

Bootylicious
    Bootylicious's Avatar Become A Pro!

WTF has Sparano accomplished to even warrant consideration? Also where is Zorn's name? What he has done with those Redskin lowlifes is quite possibly the most impressive coaching feat ever. What other coach, besides Matt Millen maybe, could take an offense with Clinton Portis and Santana Moss and barely manage 7 points a game?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

denver coach ... anybody that can get that kind of production from orton has a good system

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Surprised no one has mentioned Mike Singletary. No coach has gotten so much out of so little, and this actually began last year. He laid down the law after his first game as coach, and the Niners have given 110% ever since.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Thank you LT....... I think everyone has forgotten what the 49ers were and what he's changed them into..... a competitive team. It's nice to see things like this happen when a coach can use the same personnel as the last guy, yet make that team excel 10 fold. I love me some Mike.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    McDaniels or Sean Payton. You know Caldwell doesn't look bad for the colts either... Even the Falcons coach is doing a great job...

All 4 coaches don't have outstanding defensive personnel. But they have gotten there pieces to play well and the other guys have accepted there roles to allow there defense as a unit to shine.

Who thought Orton would be this good? A 2nd year QB with 1 wr and 1 TE possibly being a super bowl contender? Colts defense without bob sanders being this good? Saints attrocious defense playing above average...
    who is a 2nd year QB?

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Head Coach---Tomlin, Sparano, Singletary, Belichek, Sean Peyton, Packers HC, Coughlin, McDaniels

O Coord--- Sean Peyton, Can Cameron, Miami's OC, Packers OC, McDaniels

D Coord--- Gregg Williams, Colts DC, Belicheck, Steelers DC, Mike Nolan
    Dick LeBeau. Best in the game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 518

Mike Smith. He has a 15-6 record with a 24 year old QB.

teaserpleaser

Yeah good point LT

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned Mike Singletary. No coach has gotten so much out of so little, and this actually began last year. He laid down the law after his first game as coach, and the Niners have given 110% ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Head Coach---Tomlin, Sparano, Singletary, Belichek, Sean Peyton, Packers HC, Coughlin, McDaniels O Coord--- Sean Peyton, Can Cameron, Miami's OC, Packers OC, McDaniels D Coord--- Gregg Williams, Colts DC, Belicheck, Steelers DC, Mike Nolan
    I had to mention, "Samurai Mike". Total turn around since his promotion. Plus if the Cowboys hire another garbage coach, Im no longer going to pay attention to them. I will be all aboard with Mike.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

mike smith

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    who is a 2nd year QB?
    I think hes talking about matt ryan

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you have players your a good coach period.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8894

McDaniels, Peyton, Smith and Sparano