pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That's not the reason.

I have been selling shit to Americans, and for American companies, for more than 15 years and am 100% legal tax wise.

Taxes are generally only required from those enjoying the benefits of that tax money.

I find it weird that only in America does the govt think it can take a huge chunk of tax from foriegn poker players too.
    When Pacquaio flies into the US to fight from abroad he uses the airports and highways to travel. When he stays at the hotel he uses the sewage system and the water which has to be treated and transported to Vegas from miles away. If he doesn't pay taxes then who is going to pay for these services he gets for free? It costs billions to build and maintain airports, highways, sewage treatment and water treatment.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9585

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    When Pacquaio flies into the US to fight from abroad he uses the airports and highways to travel. When he stays at the hotel he uses the sewage system and the water which has to be treated and transported to Vegas from miles away. If he doesn't pay taxes then who is going to pay for these services he gets for free?
    Well, yeah I did kind of expect visitors can use roads, sewerage etc for free (or it's covered by airport/landing taxes). I'm pretty sure most of us can when we visit, same as Americans can when you travel here.

Just read the article which says it's only because the purse is over 1 million. Still, I'm having trouble making the logic of that gel in my head. Do foreign boxers than pay a second round of income tax in their home country I wonder. Pretty sure I would have to down here.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    How come non-American boxers have to pay US tax anyway?

I earn income from the US (as an Australian) and have never had to pay tax there. Just fill out a W10 form for the company paying me.
    If you work on US soil, you pay the necessary state and federal taxes. This applies everywhere in the world. Lack of local citizenship doesn't just exempt you from their taxes.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

He needs to pay some taxes. Maybe 39.4 percent is too much but he needs to pay some percentage. The hotel taxes and airport taxes are not federal taxes. They are local taxes to operate the hotel and airport. For example Vegas wouldn't have existed today if the federal government didn't build the Hoover Dam. The billions of dollars needed to build and maintain the dam then produce electricity and transport the water to Vegas has to be paid back to the federal government. This is why there is a federal tax. I don't know how much foreigners should be taxed but something has to be taxed for sure.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9585

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post

If you work on US soil, you pay the necessary state and federal taxes. This applies everywhere in the world. Lack of local citizenship doesn't just exempt you from their taxes.
    You're right. He would need a working **** of some sort. And I don't for online. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

39% top tax rate is 6% less than Australia btw. Macau with 5% is an aberration and not a fair comparison to Vegas.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

its all good...jmm already taxed his ass

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    Haven't seen anyone make the point that Floyd and others are US citizens. They will still owe Uncle Sam for the income even if they fight outside. Anyone here actually pay taxes?
    This

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

he also pay his home country tax which is measly 40% so he got double penetrated on taxes.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Offers already being drawn up for Manny/Marquez in Macau.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Answer: Never.

Reason: Liberals.
    Yeah those dirty liberals who got us in two unwinnable and terribly costly wars along with a huge terrible percription drug bill that only benefitted the pharmaceuticals Those dirty liberals

First 12