allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post

good post... cant argue with that...

I do like Murda for working out though..

rap aint the same anymore.
    we need 90's hip hop back

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by SplitAces View Post
    well that list shows one thing, the actual CASH BI took was not nearly what the reports are claiming. That list is mostly make believe money created by BI top pay off SBR and the employees of SBR who were subsequently getting paid by SBR in funds to this book.

Basically these guys got stiffed out of money BI offered them, they didnt earn it, they didnt win it, it was a wink and a handshake pay off in monopoly money to sell their swamp land to people.

So SBR John gets 10K a month to pimp that site (assuming he wasnt the owner outright) That 10K didnt exist, John didnt send it in, and Bet Islands certainly didnt have it to give to him, it went on a balance sheet as was 'accounted' for. Same as Justin/daringly/elihu whatever these scammers call themselves where ever they are. Guy didnt 'lose' 85K, I would bet my life he isnt out anything from his own pocket. He 'lost' 'wages' that were 'paid' to him from SBR that were in the form of deposits (probably into a book of his choice), and then used that 'money' to gamble with.

The biggest question is why are these balances so big? Didnt anyone ever request a pay out, if so then how much did they get? I had some major balances in Pinnacle, the Greek, and Canbet and a few others in the past, but a couple on that list were more than I ever had in any one account, and Bet Islands certainly wasnt on the level of any of those books. So I am also certain that anything with a large balance was most definitely a credit account. But it still begs the question of why werent guys taking money out?

Absolutely agree. It was like stock options, No one posted up funds like that; this was pay for referrals or services that accumulated. The players who lost money, real money were the ones referred to BI but if you believe real people left over 50k in their accounts with BI, think again. Sharps are sharp for a reason. They are not sharp with their bets but square with their money. Think about it. The guys with the best betting strategies who invest all their time in this endeavor are then going to have the worst money management strategy????

Kickbacks, referrals and and a business relationship set up to trick players was evident.
    You wonder why SBR was the last to the BI death party, their principles did not want to lose their paper money and were trying to do anything they could to not put a nail in their own money coffin. If they let players know the truth their monopoly was sure to be worthless.

Here's an alternate theory... Bear with me, it seems to be a tough concept for most of you to wrap your heads around. Sharps have a lot of money and bet large.

You still confused?

The money was "monopoly" money in that it was ran up on a joke site run by a clown who knows nothing about successful bookmaking, or who was a con artist who wasn't even trying to be a successful bookmaker. Betislands has way more liability than they have ability to pay. What's so hard to understand that when people win bets, the bookie has to dig into his own pocket? Bookies are just like any other gamblers... they can risk money they don't have. And that's what happened here. As the wins piled up (inevitable with those bonuses and half point promo), BI got deeper and deeper in the hole.

KGambler

Point taken KGambler, I disagree but to each their own.
    You believe sharp guys would send big money to BI, a book with limited history, outside of SBR no history, where they could only withdraw short money. Slim chance. I would never send more than 10K to such a book. If I can not get my money wired or meet an agent to settle up for a majority of my account at my desired time than I would not send serious money.
    Maybe I am different than most but I place far more value in money protection, accessibility and mobility than in a 1/2 point or reduced juice. I would rather buy the half point or shop it than play under that model.
    No, I agree that those balances did not result from sharps sending large money to BI. They won the money and kept betting it as their account grew.

OK, you personally place far more importance on "money protection". That is not how a professional gambler does it, or it would not be possible to be a professional gambler.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post

theres a few people out now, i listen to, but most of the time i find myself putting on their older cds, or guys from the 90s

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Here's an alternate theory... Bear with me, it seems to be a tough concept for most of you to wrap your heads around. Sharps have a lot of money and bet large.

You still confused?

The money was "monopoly" money in that it was ran up on a joke site run by a clown who knows nothing about successful bookmaking, or who was a con artist who wasn't even trying to be a successful bookmaker. Betislands has way more liability than they have ability to pay. What's so hard to understand that when people win bets, the bookie has to dig into his own pocket? Bookies are just like any other gamblers... they can risk money they don't have. And that's what happened here. As the wins piled up (inevitable with those bonuses and half point promo), BI got deeper and deeper in the hole.
    Sharps have money because they control their money, not because they have deep pockets and just let it fly. If you ever met a sharp or big gambler, they will not part with money without safety and guarantees. KGambler it is obvious you have no experience with big gamblers who post money. No disrespect but you are off here.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    can we also include 80s hip hop??!!

yo!mtv raps was my favorite show back in the day...

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    can you point out where exactly did he say the exact thing? why are you twisting and inventing?

justin said that he knows jon and that he is 100% that he has no affiliation with the books that were mentioned in that thread. he did not say what you imply he said.
    Alright, he said he knew him, and knew him for several years. You are right, that post was not clearly a personal recommendation. However, in another thread, Justin once said that he played at BI - a clear recommendation. In a contradictory post he also claimed that he would play there if he were allowed to play there -- another recommendation. And, as long as we are at it, how true was this no affiliation statement?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not quite accurate. Seems like last day of action wasn't included. Anyway. F*ck them.

KGambler

Sharps have money because they control their money, not because they have deep pockets and just let it fly. If you ever met a sharp or big gambler, they will not part with money without safety and guarantees. KGambler it is obvious you have no experience with big gamblers who post money. No disrespect but you are off here.

I'm one of the people you claim had to be playing on credit, who had to have been receiving referral fees to have a balance "so big". Only I wasn't on credit and have no relationship to SBR or BI.

This is like a small stakes poker player turning on Game Show Network and seeing Daniel Negreanu sitting with $1M in chips in front of him, and saying "what bullshit, nobody plays no limit with that kind of money".

Sharps play at all kind of books, including some that are rated D- here. There's always a risk-reward factor at play. Sometimes you get it wrong. But keeping balances, as you suggest, small enough where you can cash out in one shot would make it impossible to make a living. It's an OK strategy for a hobbyist, but it's bad advice if you want to win a lot of money.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    can we also include 80s hip hop??!!

yo!mtv raps was my favorite show back in the day...
    Yes but the best times were mid-90's. Biggie, Wutang, Nas, Mobb Deep. Jay-Z. Cant beat that list.
    Points Awarded:

allabout the $$$ gave ttrace35 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allabout the $$$

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    Alright, he said he knew him, and knew him for several years. You are right, that post was not clearly a personal recommendation. However, in another thread, Justin once said that he played at BI - a clear recommendation. In a contradictory post he also claimed that he would play there if he were allowed to play there -- another recommendation. And, as long as we are at it, how true was this no affiliation statement?
    If I tell you I played at a book you take it as a clear recommendation? I played at a decent numbers of books that I wouldn't recommend.

The other part with not being allowed to play there is indeed strange and contradictory considering he had a 85k balance there.

I don't think he would have had a 85k balance there if he had any reason to believe there was an affiliation with those books.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Get Justin's Dick out of your mouth pal

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Yes but the best times were mid-90's. Biggie, Wutang, Nas, Mobb Deep. Jay-Z. Cant beat that list.
    not a bad list but i'll still take run dmc, public enemy, nwa/eazy-e, beastie boys, krs-one
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttrace35

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I won't give a fukk if BI stiffed me.. As long as I'm on the sharp column, I'm all good!

If I'm on the Average Joe column, then I will be pissed as hell..

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    I won't give a fukk if BI stiffed me.. As long as I'm on the sharp column, I'm all good!

Much better to be in the SQUARE column

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Look, pal. If you know what you seem to think you know, you are not who you claim to be -- some 19 year old college kid who just signed up 3 months ago. You are the Fukkin pathetic one around here.
    One last comment on this.
    My goal was to remain somewhat neutral here, seems I have failed miserably but oh well.
    Please show me one quote in which I think to know anything that isn't readily available on the Internet. Never been to Costa Rica, never plan on going, so I have no clue as to the ins and outs of SBR and the industry, nor have I claimed to.
    And Sammy, I think SBR my very well have lied, I just believe that they may have done it with their best financial interests, and the best interest of the players in mind.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post

Column # 4

Sbr members that love stiff cok.

Daihomolovessausage
    Pauly

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post

You still confused?

Couldnt agree more. Although I cannot even speculate about J7 because He could very well well have had a different setup than the rest of us. Kg, were you on the list?
    edit: never mind I just read your next post and it was what I thought.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 12-22-12 at 11:13 AM.

BranchDavidian

If I tell you I played at a book you take it as a clear recommendation? I played at a decent numbers of books that I wouldn't recommend.

The other part with not being allowed to play there is indeed strange and contradictory considering he had a 85k balance there.

I don't think he would have had a 85k balance there if he had any reason to believe there was an affiliation with those books.
    Are you an SBR mod? If you were, then your recommendation would have carried some weight before a week ago.
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 12-22-12 at 11:23 AM.

BranchDavidian

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    One last comment on this.
    My goal was to remain somewhat neutral here, seems I have failed miserably but oh well.
    Please show me one quote in which I think to know anything that isn't readily available on the Internet. Never been to Costa Rica, never plan on going, so I have no clue as to the ins and outs of SBR and the industry, nor have I claimed to.
    And Sammy, I think SBR my very well have lied, I just believe that they may have done it with their best financial interests, and the best interest of the players in mind.
    I am not about to go thru your million posts since yesterday to find all the industry knowledge you have implied with your shilling. I made these posts as I read thru this thread, and now I see that I should just take Sammy's advice and stop clogging up this thread with your idiocy since it just gets in the way of useful info that is being distributed by posters that actually want to help me get some of my lost money back.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The theories in this thread are amazing. Again, way to many emotions... the logic is an equivalent of taking a sh#$ on a toilet. So it's time to wipe your ass and get off the pot.

1. SBR is a business. When you are in business... you try to be #1.
    2. Did they advertise BI hard? Yes.
    3. Did they do this in an effort to steal our money? No.

There were warning signs... but by the time SBR could confirm these warning signs there was no turning back. It's like anything in life... they didn't want to put the fear into everyone.

In life... there are savage business owners out for blood... and there are people who enjoy the business side to things that have decency. SBR John isn't a savage. You can tell by the way he writes and addresses the situation. He's the kind of guy you would want to have a beer with. Nobody wants to fuk up. He didn't either.

As for other websites... How about Covers? You want conspiracies, cover ups, and blatant lies... spend some time on those biased fuks website. I was with them for years before coming here... there's more family here than anywhere else. And if you don't feel it here... I wouldn't consider posting anywhere else... "gambling" related in any forum. Cuz, no one will give a fuk.

The truth of the matter... BI walked out on all of us... including SBR. Any book could walk out on us tomorrow.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 12-22-12 at 11:28 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: theblueprint

The Kraken

Aces you're way out of your element. You need to ask more questions and be so sure of yourself less.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    not a bad list but i'll still take run dmc, public enemy, nwa/eazy-e, beastie boys, krs-one
    you forgot eric b and rakim, dana dane, tribe called quest,leaders of the new school (early 90's) i could go on and on its a shame what they play on the radio now and my kids thinks this junk will be on in 15 years like all the artists ive listed still play on the radio till this day

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

You guys better watch your back!

offshoreguy
    offshoreguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

" by the time SBR could confirm these warning signs there was no turning back. It's like anything in life... they didn't want to put the fear into everyone."

Yeah so instead they helped perpetuate what at this point was a scam

eSTOXX
    eSTOXX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Whenever there is a misstep there should be changes to prevent a repeat. SBR made a mistake recommending a B rated book and allowing them to become a sponsor. Those involved will be held accountable and we will make sure mistakes like this one can not be repeated.
    Agree all makes mistakes. I believe SBR Staff regret this and hope this one can not be repeated.

Plus is first day after Apocalypse. Today starts a new Mayan era. I hope it's a good one.

The Kraken

TMS, did SBR know about BI's impending collapse weeks ago?

Did SBR warn anyone on this site that BI's situation had changed drastically in a short time and everyone's money was much less safe?

Did SBR allow their own posters to continue depositing in BI during tis time?

Did SBR know that BI's backer had pulled out months ago?

did SBR say the main reason BI's was a B rated book was because of this deep pocket backer?

did SBR downgrade BI's after this backer pulled out?

Was an SBR employee owed 85k by BI?

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you an SBR mod? If you were, then your recommendation would have carried some weight before a week ago.
    there was no recommendation from justin7. he actually warned that their business model is very vulnerable. why do you keep inventing stuff?

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    TMS, did SBR know about BI's impending collapse weeks ago?

Did SBR warn anyone on this site that BI's situation had changed drastically in a short time and everyone's money was much less safe?

Did SBR allow their own posters to continue depositing in BI during tis time?

Did SBR know that BI's backer had pulled out months ago?

did SBR say the main reason BI's was a B rated book was because of this deep pocket backer?

did SBR downgrade BI's after this backer pulled out?

Was an SBR employee owed 85k by BI?
    great questions kraken

What should have happened is sbr should have downgraded them the minute they found their backer had backed out

not saying from a B to an F but maybe a b to c

then if they got a new backer to bring them back to a B

i just find it hard to believe that SBR didnt know any of this weeks ago like alot of us did

the email i was showed said that sbr knew all this and their way of warning everyone was to let all the betisland complaint threads stay in PT and not come in denying the claims like they did for the last 18 months.

thankgod i was able to get most of my $ out and help out a few posters that actually listened and didnt laugh and tell me i had some kind of agenda. I still got stiffed for a few hundred but it couldve been alot worse

KGambler

there was no recommendation from justin7. he actually warned that their business model is very vulnerable. why do you keep inventing stuff?
    I would agree that he did reccomend them. He did once remark that a bonus they were offering was gonna be a target by sharps. But he also said 'I would play there if they would let me" (they did let him, not sure what he was talking about), that he would be comfortable holding a five figure balance there (obviously true), etc.

All of the quotes have been regurgitated for you to read if you want to...

The Kraken

First and foremost, I'm glad you got most of your money out.

Sbr of course knew about this ordeal weeks ago. They aLso knew the backer pulled out months ago. I would speculate they continued to collect affiliate fees during this time.

my questions were mainly rhetorical for money shot. He's a business owner so I understand where he's coming from I just don't think he's kept up with this as well as some of us that lost money.
    Points Awarded:

Mikeyanks23 gave The Kraken 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mikeyanks23

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    First and foremost, I'm glad you got most of your money out.

Sbr of course knew about this ordeal weeks ago. They aLso knew the backer pulled out months ago. I would speculate they continued to collect affiliate fees during this time.

my questions were mainly rhetorical for money shot. He's a business owner so I understand where he's coming from I just don't think he's kept up with this as well as some of us that lost money.
    couldnt agree more

BranchDavidian

Are you related to tto? A mod at SBR says he has known Jon for several years, and says at one time that he plays at BI and at another time says he would like to play there if they would allow him to -- in response to a poster asking if BI was safe. If this doesn't sound like a recommendation to you, then there is no such thing as a recommendation. He seems to be on both sides of the street on few statements. He didn't seem to be too worried about the unsustainable business model since he played there. I think we have beat this side issue to death now.
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 12-22-12 at 12:43 PM.

govolz
    govolz's Avatar Become A Pro!

ImMa say this. If anyone re ups their pro status and gives SBR any more money after they blatalantly stole then You're the idiot this time.... U can't look at this and say SBR didn't know... If u don't believe that then u just don't wanna... If you go pro again thatd be like knowin a poker site is rigged havin facts that its rigged and still depositing more money... SBR is just hopin that all the folks so addicted to this site say oh well they fuked us but the site is still cool so ill continue to post... SBR robbed people just as much as bet islands and its a damn shame that folks are so greedy now... SBR is a gold mine and they still go and fuk posters

First ... 13141516171819 ... Last