Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr. Jones is playing around folks. Guy means business.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    i love you mr jones, can i please have some points

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Damn right he is. And so is Walker.

No way those 2 guys sat around not caring if posters got hurt. I'll never believe that for one second.

I know them both, and that's not who they are.
    That is the same thing Justin said about BetIslands Jon.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Tracer Is On The First List

I am sharp as a fukking arrow. You guys are squares

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Can't say I totally disagree with this, as I have seen issues with the credit side and employees at the other place, but playing post up there really? You want a bunch of people working that don't gamble at ANY of the books? Seems a bit harsh...

I hate to break it to you, but my first name is not Melissa...
    well you are melissa to me. cheers!

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

well that list shows one thing, the actual CASH BI took was not nearly what the reports are claiming. That list is mostly make believe money created by BI top pay off SBR and the employees of SBR who were subsequently getting paid by SBR in funds to this book.

Basically these guys got stiffed out of money BI offered them, they didnt earn it, they didnt win it, it was a wink and a handshake pay off in monopoly money to sell their swamp land to people.

So SBR John gets 10K a month to pimp that site (assuming he wasnt the owner outright) That 10K didnt exist, John didnt send it in, and Bet Islands certainly didnt have it to give to him, it went on a balance sheet as was 'accounted' for. Same as Justin/daringly/elihu whatever these scammers call themselves where ever they are. Guy didnt 'lose' 85K, I would bet my life he isnt out anything from his own pocket. He 'lost' 'wages' that were 'paid' to him from SBR that were in the form of deposits (probably into a book of his choice), and then used that 'money' to gamble with.

The biggest question is why are these balances so big? Didnt anyone ever request a pay out, if so then how much did they get? I had some major balances in Pinnacle, the Greek, and Canbet and a few others in the past, but a couple on that list were more than I ever had in any one account, and Bet Islands certainly wasnt on the level of any of those books. So I am also certain that anything with a large balance was most definitely a credit account. But it still begs the question of why werent guys taking money out?

Like I said the odds BI actually got away with 1.5 mil in cash were less than zero. I would say they got away with less than 25K and only if thy had people still trying to post up with them when the shit started to hit the fan.

But once you get past the accounts of guys getting padded the numbers are not all that impressive. Which basically shows the guys with the biggest balances were directly related to SBR website either as employees of SBR or owners of SBR. Maybe why they didnt take any money because they owned part of BI as well. That is conjecture but makes sense.

But again if you take away the largest balances and SBR mods on that list youre left with a number of outstanding balances in the neighborhood of 225K Not nearly enough to hurt any legit bookmaker let alone break one.

I would guesstimate that from that 225K, 'legit' players (guys not affiliated with SBR in anyway other than maybe posters, who posted up thinking it was a legit book) made up maybe half of it. So around 115k or so.

Difficult if not nearly impossible to find out, but there are 400 names on that list, and the number of people complaining here is very very small. So the number of people that didnt know might even be smaller than I think.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Feds on the site. Yeah, right. For what?? To collect points?

I wonder if a federal agent has ever won POTM?
    Now, this was funny.

I have a mental image of a guy with his "FBI" jacket on, saying "Damn, TTWarrior is a fat fuk".

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Also, mods should probably delete the crap about people ratting on Justin7 for gambling. Nobody knows what he knew or when, and he lost more $ there than 80% of American households make in a year. As an attorney he's probably aware of reasons not to open his mouth. Even if people don't want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, we shouldn't be trying to destroy his career without knowing all the facts.
    I've wondered for a while about the wisdom of J7 being involved with SBR. He does not seem to be one of the bad guys who run this place (their political views revealed their corruption long before BI's collapse did) or idiots or squares, and from my sense of him, from his posts over the years, I would say he should be completely separated, by reputation, from the SBR crew. He strikes me as an honorable and intelligent man; you can't say that of anyone else here (Ganchrow being long gone).

But I can't say I have sympathy for his BI account loss, though it's a large number, because anyone who was in BI should have been figuring the chance of being stiffed into their EV calculations (actually, I do have sympathy for all who got stiffed, but that's the human in me, not the sports bettor).

Personally, I've long believed in letting Spiro at The Greek do my book safety evaluations. If he transfers money with them, they're cool. But if he doesn't trust them, I don't. Did the Greek ever do book-to-books with BI?
    Last edited by Pokerjoe; 12-22-12 at 09:20 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RogueScholar

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    That is the same thing Justin said about BetIslands Jon.
    can you point out where exactly did he say the exact thing? why are you twisting and inventing?

justin said that he knows jon and that he is 100% that he has no affiliation with the books that were mentioned in that thread. he did not say what you imply he said.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Now, this was funny.

I have a mental image of a guy with his "FBI" jacket on,
    saying "Damn, TTWarrior is a fat fuk".
    He's already on their radar for liking young ones.

ttrace35

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

So SBR John gets 10K a month to pimp that site (assuming he wasnt the owner outright) That 10K didnt exist, John didnt send it in, and Bet Islands certainly didnt have it to give to him, it went on a balance sheet as was 'accounted' for. Same as Justin/daringly/elihu whatever these scammers call themselves where ever they are. Guy didnt 'lose' 85K, I would bet my life he isnt out anything from his own pocket. He 'lost' 'wages' that were 'paid' to him from SBR that were in the form of deposits (probably into a book of his choice), and then used that 'money' to gamble with.
    I don't know (neither do you) whether this is true, but I suspect it is, more or less. And I admit that the possibility that it is true damns J7, and if evidence is presented that he was paid this much by BI, even in what turns out to be monopoly money, then I will retract my previous post suggesting his reputation be spared.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Given that Lenny from Cascades is still walking around with solid knee caps and WSEX is still kicking around enough to happily accept your p2p if you are naive enough to send one to them I doubt John will lose much sleep over your silly "not a threat" warning...

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Trigga, let me hold some b4 the hoes get it...

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    It won't be me. I can easily handle how much you stole from me. Not that much at all in the big scheme of things in my life. But it's going to be somebody John. Not talking about anything physical. Not at all. I don't make threats. Just like to warn my friends.

Again it won't be me. But some folks lost a ton of money and this Bet Islands was your baby. A Johnny and Jon Production from the get go. Won't be me Johnny boy. But you do got a growing number of Feds on this site. Bet it's a lock you can just feel them crawling around in here can't you. They're here Johnny. And you and your site will soon be gone baby gone. Mr. Calvin he goin' to help you out eh? LOL.

Won't be me Mr. Bill Dozer. Almost forgot about you.
    Spare me the drama. BI was a B rated sponsor that went belly up. It's a terrible thing and we regret allowing them on here. Over the past 12 years there have been several B books and a couple of A books that have failed. There have been many locals vanish as well. Its one of the ugly risks of unregulated gaming.

ttrace35

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you are wrong. I think one of the reasons why justin7 is leaving sbr is because he got stiffed by bi too.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

You guys got it. If they comment or say anything that can be proved to be a lie it will sink them and increase any knowledge of their collusion and hence liability.
    Why else with SBR, a business we all know now that chases the dollar, not respond when their future dollars are at risk.
    Very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post

You have a very valid point here. They want to be very careful. There might be soon an investigation into what happened here.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    No one is going to listen to you unless you are on your usual account. Fukkin pathetic that people cannot even stand behind a username.
    Look, pal. If you know what you seem to think you know, you are not who you claim to be -- some 19 year old college kid who just signed up 3 months ago. You are the Fukkin pathetic one around here.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

hakan?
    or
    shaker?
    maybe
    Hsiao-en Jeff?

tracer give bear a winner

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

simple question for the board, did the value of sbr's business go down by more than $1.5 million over the past 2 weeks, and if so, would it have been smarter to just pay everyone a couple weeks ago?

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    hakan?
    or
    shaker?
    maybe
    Hsiao-en Jeff?

tracer give bear a winner
    Im full of shit.

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    simple question for the board, did the value of sbr's business go down by more than $1.5 million over the past 2 weeks, and if so, would it have been smarter to just pay everyone a couple weeks ago?

lot of traffic here lately,, not sure how that plays in to dollar amounts.

just looking at the list

how bad of a gambler are you if your one of the just like 5 guys down

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29252

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    yeah remind me not to enter his contests any more, he's probably tracking my every move

ebbearsfb1

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Im full of shit.

bears just did some everyday racism hot 97 style right there.

looked for any black name possible

SplitAces

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Spare me the drama. BI was a B rated sponsor that went belly up. It's a terrible thing and we regret allowing them on here. Over the past 12 years there have been several B books and a couple of A books that have failed. There have been many locals vanish as well. Its one of the ugly risks of unregulated gaming.
    SBR_John
    Weak sauce. Really now all the BI was a B rated book that failed. Your misrepresentation of reality and your involvement is disheartening. They were a big sponsor, they paid you big money and your relationship with them is obvious. To state it in such a detached way is poor. People lost real money, while you made big money.
    Do not belittle this and separate you and SBR from BI; you are insulting many.
    We know you will not state any facts with dates or names or any particulars because you are covering your lying ass.
    Points Awarded:

ZetaPsi808 gave SplitAces 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paranoyd androyd, and ZetaPsi808

ttrace35

bears just did some everyday racism hot 97 style right there.

looked for any black name possible
    Although I dont have typical black name. You would never know Im black by my name.

ebbearsfb1

Although I dont have typical black name. You would never know Im black by my name.

Thomas " Trigger" Trace.

opinion on Uncle Murda?

ttrace35

Thomas " Trigger" Trace.

opinion on Uncle Murda?
    Ny rappers suck nowadays. Murda is only ok. Will never be a big star. Ny rappers are all thugs that try to rap now.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

well that list shows one thing, the actual CASH BI took was not nearly what the reports are claiming. That list is mostly make believe money created by BI top pay off SBR and the employees of SBR who were subsequently getting paid by SBR in funds to this book.

Basically these guys got stiffed out of money BI offered them, they didnt earn it, they didnt win it, it was a wink and a handshake pay off in monopoly money to sell their swamp land to people.

The biggest question is why are these balances so big? Didnt anyone ever request a pay out, if so then how much did they get? I had some major balances in Pinnacle, the Greek, and Canbet and a few others in the past, but a couple on that list were more than I ever had in any one account, and Bet Islands certainly wasnt on the level of any of those books. So I am also certain that anything with a large balance was most definitely a credit account. But it still begs the question of why werent guys taking money out?

Like I said the odds BI actually got away with 1.5 mil in cash were less than zero. I would say they got away with less than 25K and only if thy had people still trying to post up with them when the shit started to hit the fan.

But once you get past the accounts of guys getting padded the numbers are not all that impressive. Which basically shows the guys with the biggest balances were directly related to SBR website either as employees of SBR or owners of SBR. Maybe why they didnt take any money because they owned part of BI as well. That is conjecture but makes sense.

But again if you take away the largest balances and SBR mods on that list youre left with a number of outstanding balances in the neighborhood of 225K Not nearly enough to hurt any legit bookmaker let alone break one.

I would guesstimate that from that 225K, 'legit' players (guys not affiliated with SBR in anyway other than maybe posters, who posted up thinking it was a legit book) made up maybe half of it. So around 115k or so.

Difficult if not nearly impossible to find out, but there are 400 names on that list, and the number of people complaining here is very very small. So the number of people that didnt know might even be smaller than I think.

I couldn't read this whole post because it's so full of nonsense. Normally I wouldn't reply to a post like this, but you're not the first person to claim that the larger balances had to be credit accounts. NO THEY ARE NOT. BI was a terribly run book, or a ponzi scheme. It was possible to bet $100K of volume per week with an expected ROI approaching 5%. The half point promo was amazing, and that's not even getting into the other weaknesses the book had. People deposited money and ran up big balances. When you are winning $10K per week, you can't withdraw fast enough. And when you see that you can get your $50K balance all in on insanely +EV bets every Friday, then you don't really want to draw down your balance. You can call it being greedy and stupid, or you can call it maximizing profits.

I can show you posts of mine from 2011 where I was saying BI's entire business model was a joke. But in 2012 I deposited because SBR had them highly rated, SBR posters loved them, and they had been paying out for at least a couple of years. I thought "well, they at least have to survive until the Super Bowl". I also concluded that the average SBR poster must be so incredibly square that it was possible to run a book with insane promos and bonuses and high processor costs. Wrong on all counts... This book was absolutely hemorrhaging money. People simply ran up those big balances you see.

ebbearsfb1

Ny rappers suck nowadays. Murda is only ok. Will never be a big star. Ny rappers are all thugs that try to rap now.

good post... cant argue with that...

I do like Murda for working out though..

rap aint the same anymore.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Has to be Hsiao-en Jeff

SplitAces

Absolutely agree. It was like stock options, No one posted up funds like that; this was pay for referrals or services that accumulated. The players who lost money, real money were the ones referred to BI but if you believe real people left over 50k in their accounts with BI, think again. Sharps are sharp for a reason. They are not sharp with their bets but square with their money. Think about it. The guys with the best betting strategies who invest all their time in this endeavor are then going to have the worst money management strategy????

Kickbacks, referrals and and a business relationship set up to trick players was evident.
    You wonder why SBR was the last to the BI death party, their principles did not want to lose their paper money and were trying to do anything they could to not put a nail in their own money coffin. If they let players know the truth their monopoly was sure to be worthless.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    Has to be Hsiao-en Jeff
    Nah. Im actually nowhere on that list. I dont think I signed up through the SBR banner. But they definitely knew who I was. One time I called on a Sunday morning to deposit and the guy(Ben, or Nick or Ryan_I forgot) told me that he tailed one of my sbr nfl threads.

SplitAces

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    I couldn't read this whole post because it's so full of nonsense. Normally I wouldn't reply to a post like this, but you're not the first person to claim that the larger balances had to be credit accounts. NO THEY ARE NOT. BI was a terribly run book, or a ponzi scheme. It was possible to bet $100K of volume per week with an expected ROI approaching 5%. The half point promo was amazing, and that's not even getting into the other weaknesses the book had. People deposited money and ran up big balances. When you are winning $10K per week, you can't withdraw fast enough. And when you see that you can get your $50K balance all in on insanely +EV bets every Friday, then you don't really want to draw down your balance. You can call it being greedy and stupid, or you can call it maximizing profits.

I can show you posts of mine from 2011 where I was saying BI's entire business model was a joke. But in 2012 I deposited because SBR had them highly rated, SBR posters loved them, and they had been paying out for at least a couple of years. I thought "well, they at least have to survive until the Super Bowl". I also concluded that the average SBR poster must be so incredibly square that it was possible to run a book with insane promos and bonuses and high processor costs. Wrong on all counts... This book was absolutely hemorrhaging money. People simply ran up those big balances you see.
    Point taken KGambler, I disagree but to each their own.
    You believe sharp guys would send big money to BI, a book with limited history, outside of SBR no history, where they could only withdraw short money. Slim chance. I would never send more than 10K to such a book. If I can not get my money wired or meet an agent to settle up for a majority of my account at my desired time than I would not send serious money.
    Maybe I am different than most but I place far more value in money protection, accessibility and mobility than in a 1/2 point or reduced juice. I would rather buy the half point or shop it than play under that model.

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last