3) soxwin1971
    4) BarkingToad
    5) oiler
    6) yanyan1129
    7) enogsiwon
    8) always2away
    9) davidpty

29) CrazyLou *

Before we recap the Final Table, we are going to analyze the play of Tournament Director, CrazyLou.

CrazyLou quickly doubled up with his set of 10's versus the two pair of former champion HungQver. Although CrazyLou made his set on the river, very little chips were invested in the pot till that point, as HungQver played his two pair slowly. The gunfire occurred on the river, after Lou had already made his hand.

Soon after amassing a 3200 chip count, Lou proceeded to work the field, not taking a single hand to showdown in his journey to the 6000 chip mark. He put on a dazzling array of semi-bluffs and well timed aggression.

After hitting the 6000 mark, he eliminated a gentleman whose name escapes me, as Lou held 88 to A10. There was a bet and reraise preflop, with Lou shoving and the gentleman calling over 2500 more with A10 (unsuited). He actually hit an Ace on the flop, but the river was kind to Lou and the best hand pre-flop held up, taking him to over 9000 chips.

After this hand, Lou continued to mix up his play, outplaying players after the flop and accumulating blinds every so often. His next elimination was RogueJuror, who was nursing a short stack and got his chips in with QQ. Lou made the call for another 500 chips with A10s, and hit a flush to send Juror back to Nicaragua.

An hour later, Lou was one of the chip leaders with nearly 13,000 chips.

He was moved to a new table, where he quickly observed the gentleman to his right, soxwin1971, playing a loose, aggressive style of play. He'd raise preflop with any Ace, and his transparent style of play was evident to the entire table.

He again raised 700 chips preflop, Lou made the call with J10 on the button, and one of the blinds called. Now, with over 2000 in the pot (rough estimates), the flop came 2d-10h-8h. It came check check to Lou, he led out with a pot sized bet, and was raised all in for another 4000 by Soxwin. Lou instantly made the call knowing that, at that particular moment, he had a stronger hand. Sure enough, his opponent had a pair of two's, along with a flush draw. He hit one of his 15 outs on the turn, and took Lou down to 6000 in chips. Although Sox was a slight mathematical favorite on the flop, he was the one drawing, needing to improve his hand to avoid elimination, while Lou made the correct call with the best hand at that moment.

Lou maintained his composure, scooping 500 chips on a well timed semi-bluff a few hands later, until the deciding hand came. Lou was in the BB with A10, soxwin raised 3X the blind, nobody else was in the pot. At this point, Lou really did not believe that soxwin, who had a tendency to open pots with A2 suited and go to war with any weak, raggedy Ace, was likely to be ahead. Lou fired off a 1500 chip reraise, Soxwin then re-raised, prompting Lou to shove. Sox made the call with AK and eliminated Lou in 29th.

Lou's post game remarks: "The guy was playing a LAG style all night, outdrawing players, raising with next to nothing. He happened to have a hand there, but I did not respect his style of play, and figured even a mediocre hand like A10 was good against him"

I really felt I played better last night than I did even the tournament I won at Bookmaker, so it was an unfortunate way to go out."

Although Lou was criticzed after the fact by some players that were eliminated within 20 minutes, let's hear some feedback from the players that were actually around after the first break:

Players that observed Lou's play comments:

Quote Originally Posted by exstatman View Post
    I played at Lou's table, and he was very good tonight. If you weren't there, you have no right to be critical.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueJuror View Post
    yeah im just fvcking with ya lou

i thought you were going make the final table for sure
    Final Table Recap
    Although Lou had predicted there was no chance that soxwin would advance to the final table, taking into account his luck-box playing tendencies, he did manage to finish in 3rd place. He played much better at the final table, as players have a tendency to improve their play after fortuitous hands, perhaps counting their blessings to still be in the tournament.

BigDaddy played masterfully, an excellent example of big stack poker, ultimately darys was no match for the much more experienced poker player. He seemed to dominate the table at will, picking off ill-advised semi-bluff attempts, mixing up his play, and just stream-rolling through the field.

BigDaddy is no slouch on the SBR poker tour, and his victory went a long way toward firming up the reputation of SBR poker events. Another win for the SBR forum regulars also gives posters less opportunity to enact their baby-with-colic impressions.

Congrats to all winners, and register for our next $500 Poker Freeroll.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

lou talking about himself in the third person is getting sick, this is embarrassing for SBR

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2271

Ha Ha, nosniboR11

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

I still like you Lou, even if you can't hand losing at poker.

I like how you said you went in with the better hand, while also acknowledging that I was the mathematical favorite in the hand! How is that possible?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1917 View Post
    I like how you said you went in with the better hand, while also acknowledging that I was the mathematical favorite in the hand! How is that possible?
    What I said was you were a slight mathematical favorite on the flop. You still had all your chips at risk with a draw.

Had the turn come a rag club, I would have been a 68% favorite going into the river. So yes, you had a flush draw and a baby pair, but you still needed to improve your hand to win. Had you not hit your flush on the turn, I would have been a sizable fav with one card remaining.

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crazy Lou's 29th place finish recap: 697 words

Final table recap: 148 words (and Lou still managed to talk about himself in that)

soxwin1917

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    What I said was you were a slight mathematical favorite on the flop. You still had all your chips at risk with a draw.

Had the turn come a rag club, I would have been a 68% favorite going into the river. So yes, you had a flush draw and a baby pair, but you still needed to improve your hand to win. Had you not hit your flush on the turn, I would have been a sizable fav with one card remaining.
    You're missing the point Lou. A favorite is a favorite. I don't care what I need to hit, I was ahead in the hand and you got your chips in with the lesser hand.

If you make a habit of that, I will in turn make a habit out of taking your chips from you.

SBR Lou

You're missing the point Lou. A favorite is a favorite. I don't care what I need to hit, I was ahead in the hand and you got your chips in with the lesser hand.

If you make a habit of that, I will in turn make a habit out of taking your chips from you.
    Ridiculous assertion. So if we had waited to go all in until the turn, when I would have been a 68% favorite if you didn't make your flush, would the fact that it was not much more than a coinflip on the flop make your play any better?

If you like having your tourney life at risk needing to improve your hand to win and catch cards, so be it.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Do they really pay you to write this crap?

soxwin1917

Ridiculous assertion. So if we had waited to go all in until the turn, when I would have been a 68% favorite if you didn't make your flush, would the fact that it was not much more than a coinflip on the flop make your play any better?

If you like having your tourney life at risk needing to improve your hand to win and catch cards, so be it.
    But Lou, you WEREN'T a 68% favorite on the turn. That rag club you were hoping for never dropped. This thing about about you being ahead is entirely fiction.

That fact is after the flop, when we actually went all in, I was ahead. I won the hand, and proceed to take away the rest of your chips later.

SBR Lou

But Lou, you WEREN'T a 68% favorite on the turn. That rag club you were hoping for never dropped. This thing about about you being ahead is entirely fiction.

That fact is after the flop, when we actually went all in, I was ahead. I won the hand, and proceed to take away the rest of your chips later.
    Sox,

I'll see you at the final table next week in our last Bodog event for the time being, assuming you win enough narrow coinflips with tourney life at risk to get there.

soxwin1917

Sox,

I'll see you at the final table next week in our last Bodog event for the time being, assuming you win enough narrow coinflips with tourney life at risk to get there.

See you there.

I appreciate these events and the write ups Lou. Makes it a little more fun than just the regular tourney or sit and go.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Bbd would have said "well played sir great job" and lou cries writing a term paper about it

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19101

I think you're great, Lou, as well as the tourneys.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

This would be embarrassing enough if it was just some random, but for an SBR employee this is just astonishingly bad.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

good comedy.

I knew he would raise with any ace, so I call large raise with Jack.
    Sooner or later Lou will discover the value of draws. I want to see him play omaha.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    good comedy.

I knew he would raise with any ace, so I call large raise with Jack.
    Sooner or later Lou will discover the value of draws. I want to see him play omaha.
    FWIW I called a standard 2 or 3X the BB bet preflop and I was on the button.