The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    Good luck to the Ravens backers but Brady is playing at another level that Flacco will never reach in his lifetime. Ring # 4 is in his gunsight and if you believe Joe " I suck on the road " Flacco can stop what's going to happen, then by all means bet them. This is just my opinion on this weeks game.
    You obviously don't do research. Did you know that the last time these teams met in the playoffs, Flacco was Balt's QB and his rating was 10? Baltimore still won that game 33-14. Flacco "I suck on the road" and the Ravens could win this game as well, very possible.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

This game will be tough for the Patriots. The Ravens match up well with NE. If Ed Reed is out NE will be able to move the ball pretty consistently. If Ed plays Bal will have a few shots at turnovers. The outcomes of these few plays will determine the game. We all know what happens when teams turn the ball over.

That said I am backing NE. I am sure Brady is still pissed about that playoff game 2 years ago and so is Hoodie.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55602

Harbaugh/Flacco/Lewis Ravens are 17-15 SU and 18-12-2 ATS on the road in reg. season. They are 8-9 SU and 10-5-2 ATS as a Road Dog. They are also 4-3 SU and 4-3 ATS on the road in the playoffs. Belichick/Brady Patriots are 41-7 SU and 23-24-1 ATS reg. season as a Home Fav since '06. They are also 9-2 SU and 5-5-1 ATS @ Home in playoffs. BAL has #15 Offense and #3 Defense. NWE has#2 Offense and #31 Defense.

i will take BAL + the points

... and last - im no teaser fan, but im thinkin' BAL HARD +14.5 and NYG +9.5 -130 is got some value

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!
    vitalogist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

I do. Strong play on +7.5 too

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

he had an attempted murder that he beat and he is a big tuff guy , what bull I have 100 friends in the same boat he is a has been be wise and stick with the pats

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2313

All depends if Balt can rip through that NE O'line, then the answer is yes. Problem is that we've seen Flacco a few times already in this position (Playoffs and on road in prior years) and the results have been losses. I actually thought the line would be higher than the -7.5 on NE based on them blowing out Denver but it appears there are plenty of Balt backers keeping this number in check. Much prefer the SF/NYG game over this one to be honest.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2313

One more thing also....If NE does win this game, they'll need those 2 weeks leading up to the Superbowl because they'll be banged up...

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    Wrong. 1:Cam 2:Cameron And Reed has been playing with some neck issue most of the year. That's why he cant tackle for shit and week 17 Benson ran through him for a 20 yard TD. Brady doesn't like getting his skirt dirty so if the Ravens are able to get pressure he is in trouble. Unfortunately they haven't been able to do shit the past few games as far as getting to the qb, making even Yates look like an allstar. Texans gave the offense a hard time but are you really comparing them to the Pats? Pats defense is terrible. If the Ravens can run the ball its over. Don't even need to trust Flacco. Also I like how people are saying Brady is whatever record against such and such team lifetime.... Like it matters. Every game is different. No play for me I would rather have my fanatic heart attacks without money involved. Good Luck.
    So many great points. 1 and 2 said PERFECT lol. God I hate him so much. Hope he's fired regardless.

But as for MY fanatic heart attacks I'll probably hedge against that LOL. Just cant decide what to tease with NE .5 LOL

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    You obviously don't do research. Did you know that the last time these teams met in the playoffs, Flacco was Balt's QB and his rating was 10? Baltimore still won that game 33-14. Flacco "I suck on the road" and the Ravens could win this game as well, very possible.
    Been sayin that all day everywhere I go. 4/10 for 34 yds and no tds.....33 pts tho....Ray Rice has bounced back big this year after bad games. I even remember him promising his fantasy teams better and then scoring 2 tds and getting 150 yards the week after. I expect a close game.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Ravens will likely help on Gronkowski which leaves Hernandez, Welker, and Branch to run wild. Even if they play near perfect defense and get pressure on Brady, 5-10 yard quick passes will be open. Packers and Saints took all the headlines this year, but Bellicheat got it right with two huge receiving tight ends. On paper, this looks like a 15-20 point pats win to me.

Only way the ravens win a squeaker is with a series of unlikely events. +4 turnover margin, career game from Flacco, a hail mary td pass, fortuitous bounces on special teams, et al. It happens, but pats are +EV to win it all.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flacco has to bring his a game I have 200 on the ml right now might add to it when the public pounds new England

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I am on Ravens ML +295

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

The Balt. win in NE 2 years ago means absolutely nothing to me. This game for me is all about the here and now. NEs' offense is playing at a level much higher than 2 years ago. Their defense, although they'll give up yardage, has been very good in the points allowed category and finally, they're all back healthy. Can the Ravens win or cover absolutely, if they get some lucky turnovers like they did in the Texans game. But to think that this year Flacco on the road is going to go into NE and out gun Brady in this spot. I just don't see it. Belichick will not let Rice beat him this time around and dare Flacco to win it. At that point, the Ravens are in trouble. Just my gut feeling on this game. Good luck to everyone.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Giants/Pats obvious teaser gets torched one way or another

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

CAN the Ravens win? Yes.
    WILL the Ravens win? I don't know.

I'm shocked at the total in this game. If I had any guts I'd go all-in on the under.

ephi408
    ephi408's Avatar Become A Pro!

joe flacco is a shitbag

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post
    joe flacco is a shitbag
    #this

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

These are basically the same teams that were in the playoffs from two years ago. Baltimore won that game 33-14.
    Um, just no on this one. Patriots offense totally different and much harder to defend now. Welker, Hernandez, Gronkoski didn't play in that game. WR were a declining/weak willed Moss and Julian Edelman, TE was Ben Watson. RB/running game more diverse and better now. Not an expert on Ravens defense, but most key players are there, but older. Chances of Patriots scoring under 21 points in this one about zero. Pats D is the wild card here, how that goes will determine the game, just needs to be good in the red zone, maybe a turnover and Pats cruise.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Um, just no on this one. Patriots offense totally different and much harder to defend now. Welker, Hernandez, Gronkoski didn't play in that game. WR were a declining/weak willed Moss and Julian Edelman, TE was Ben Watson. RB/running game more diverse and better now. Not an expert on Ravens defense, but most key players are there, but older. Chances of Patriots scoring under 21 points in this one about zero. Pats D is the wild card here, how that goes will determine the game, just needs to be good in the red zone, maybe a turnover and Pats cruise.
    Some of that may be true but to act like Brady didn't have any weapons in that game or that Moss wasn't a factor is nuts. Do you think Flacco will have a quarterback rating of 10 again in this game? I bet it's higher this time time vs a defense that has not beaten a single team with a winning record. Their playoff win was vs the worst team in the playoffs by far. Maybe the reason Brady and Gronkowski's numbers look so good is because they padded them vs bad teams. Against the only other playoff team they played this year, Pittsburgh (with a similar defense), Brady had under 200 yards. I'm not saying the Ravens will win 33-14 again but they do have a great shot at winning.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Some of that may be true but to act like Brady didn't have any weapons in that game or that Moss wasn't a factor is nuts. Do you think Flacco will have a quarterback rating of 10 again in this game? I bet it's higher this time time vs a defense that has not beaten a single team with a winning record. Their playoff win was vs the worst team in the playoffs by far. Maybe the reason Brady and Gronkowski's numbers look so good is because they padded them vs bad teams. Against the only other playoff team they played this year, Pittsburgh (with a similar defense), Brady had under 200 yards. I'm not saying the Ravens will win 33-14 again but they do have a great shot at winning.
    He had Moss, literally, that's it, no other legit or really even decent weapons in that game, go check out the box score. Even with Welker playing this offense is definitely harder to defend, especially in the red zone. I will give you that if Flaco plays well and Ravens can duplicate what Jets did last year and Steelers did this year they stand a chance, but Ravens D facing a much stiffer test than they did in 2007. Also, when you say things like "maybe" numbers look good because they were padded against bad teams, maybe you should take the time to do a little research. Pats played bad teams yes, but overall they faced above average defenses. They did face a bunch of crappy offenses, this is true, but lucky for them they get another one this week.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

the patriots are certainly vulnerable....and it has nothing to do with their defense...

they still lack a guy on the outside who can consistently beat single man coverage....branch just cant get enough done if you put him up against a physically superior corner...he was able to make a play against the broncos...for the pats to be successful he needs to be able to make more

to slow the pats down ...you double gronk and rough welker up at the line of scrimmage....but in order to make that successful you have to get heat on tom...if you dont...welker will eventually get away hes so quick laterally...you cant stay with him too long.....you have to frustrate brady and make him get rid of the ball quicker than he wants to....nothing mind blowing here....pretty basic/simple stuff.....you have to force the pats into situations where brady wants to get the ball to an outside receiver in one on one coverage with a little pressure coming at him.....thats when he makes inaccurate throws that kill drives.....and branch just has a hard time consistently getting open....i hope he can come through for the pats but at his age with his injury history i just dont know if hes physically capable to make plays consistently.....

the line on the game doesnt really reflect what the ravens are capable of....prob doesnt really reflect how close these teams are....what it does reflect is the potential the patriots have to blow teams out....especially at home

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

The Ravens beat NE last time by Ngata and Suggs just crashing thru the line and mugging Brady. Thats about their only chance this weekend because their back 7 isn't what it used to be. They didn't play NE, NO, or GB this year but they did get exposed with 34 allowed on the road @ San Diego. Flacco needs to hit some big plays to Torry Smith to hang around but I don't see it....they really don't have any other speed? Belechik & Brady don't like getting embarrassed at home....NE by atleast 10 but we'll know pretty fast if I'm wrong from the Ravens pash rush.

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

can't believe anyone who watched the Bal-Hou game last weekend thinks the Ravens stand a chance against the Patriots.

The Ravens flat-out stunk against Houston. they had no offense, they had ZERO sacks. hell they barely pressured Yates. Foster ran roughshod over them. they benefited from 100% gift turnovers from a rookie QB and Jacoby Jones. and they were playing at home! what they did do well was zero turnovers and no penalties.

True, the Ravens will face a softer defense in New England, but all that will do is cast a harsher glare on Joe Flacco's mediocrity.

The Patriots will completely embarass Baltimore. 38-10.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

The birds get shot by Brady, on the other hand, Giants win in San Francisco after emotion win.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Quote Originally Posted by Adm. Cowpollock View Post
    can't believe anyone who watched the Bal-Hou game last weekend thinks the Ravens stand a chance against the Patriots.

The Ravens flat-out stunk against Houston. they had no offense, they had ZERO sacks. hell they barely pressured Yates. Foster ran roughshod over them. they benefited from 100% gift turnovers from a rookie QB and Jacoby Jones. and they were playing at home! what they did do well was zero turnovers and no penalties.

True, the Ravens will face a softer defense in New England, but all that will do is cast a harsher glare on Joe Flacco's mediocrity.

The Patriots will completely embarass Baltimore. 38-10.
    Why would last week mean anything?

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm not sure which side I like it. Think this game could go either way, but the Pats are on a mission to go back to the bowl.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Ravens 7-0 against playoff teams Pats have beaten nobody biggest joke of a spread since......Steelers -9

First 123