SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    There is something consistent with the cowboys in big games especially in December over the past several years...it's something that always prevents them from winning, making the playoffs, and representing the NFC in the superbowl...I wonder what it is?

Poor coaching??? This can't be it they have made changes???

The don't get good enough talent??? This can't be it either...they have a lot of talent

The refs cheat??? I haven't seen anything that indicates this would be the case either...

The owner doesn't care about winning??? He seems to be in tune with as much as any owner...
    Hmmm wonder what it is??? It has to be something
    The amount of logical fallacies in that post is ridiculous. Your obviously trying to hint that it's Tony Romo holding Dallas back. Thats jut stupid. 22 TD's and 9 picks ... i can think of alot of teams who would love to have that.

RHB041000
    RHB041000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Bradys team sucks, Peyton's team obviously has sucked (0-14 without him)... yet they both win.. why cant romo? You really wanna put him in the same tier as those guys??? they win despite their teams... Romo has a much better team then them, yet still loses, and it falls on him when he cant make the throws when they matter
    I will give you the Peyton portion, that cannot be refuted. But brady... i disagree with you on that one, but i guess we will agree to disagree on that one.

but regardless, im not arguing he's THE BEST. im saying he's top 5/6... along with those aforementioned and rodgers, breese.... and then him.... i really think he's 5. in no particular order... brady, manning, breese, rodgers, romo IMO.

It would be retarded for me to say it is absolutely 0 percent Romo's fault they keep losing, but to place all the blame on him is just biased hatred.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by RHB041000 View Post
    sorry but this is a dumb, vague post. of course there's talent on the team, it is the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. they are all talented, but comparatively to other top tier teams, cowboys talent as a whole just doesn't match up. they don't have the "clutchness".
    No shit they don't have "clutchness" (not a word) they have tony fukkn romo...that's my fukkn point...you win one point for getting it right...congrats...now run along...

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Romo was truly a top 3 QB in the NFL, he would have dropped that pass in there on 3rd and 5 with just over two minutes left. Austin was wide open and Dallas should have won the game.

Instead, in typical Romo fashion, he launches the ball 30 yards down the field, overthrowing the receiver, and Dallas is forced to punt.

Then Eli showed Homo how to close out a game.

RHB041000

No shit they don't have "clutchness" (not a word) they have tony fukkn romo...that's my fukkn point...you win one point for getting it right...congrats...now run along...
    hopeless. gnight.

SportsPedagogy

Go look up how many comeback wins Romo has this year.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

he played good tonight. the rest of the team played bad down the stretch.

i don't know why you guys let the eagle fan troll you.

RHB041000

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    as well as his career QB rating stat for his career. he's only above rodgers, brady and the likes sittin at the TOP. but thats irrelevant too i suppose right?

for the 4th quarter i meant to say.

Djstucky

[QUOTE=SportsPedagogy;12744217]The amount of logical fallacies in that post is ridiculous. Your obviously trying to hint that it's Tony Romo holding Dallas back. Thats jut stupid. 22 TD's and 9 picks ... i can think of alot of teams who would love to have

It's not all about td's and picks...there are a ton of intangibles one has or doesn't... these don't show up on stat sheets...for example...romo doesn't convert a 3rd down late in the game...gives the giants the ball...that doesn't show up but was one of the biggest reasons they lost the game...

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Let's blame Romo..Are you fukkin clowns serious????

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

Think the #3 QB for 2011 in the NFL could complete
    a pass to run out the clock and beat the G-Men and COVER??
    Hell no...Truly a loser.

Djstucky

Having a bunch of come back wins isn't a stat to be proud of...it means they play from behind often which catches up to you...

RHB041000

[QUOTE=Djstucky;12744283]
    The amount of logical fallacies in that post is ridiculous. Your obviously trying to hint that it's Tony Romo holding Dallas back. Thats jut stupid. 22 TD's and 9 picks ... i can think of alot of teams who would love to have

It's not all about td's and picks...there are a ton of intangibles one has or doesn't... these don't show up on stat sheets...for example...romo doesn't convert a 3rd down late in the game...gives the giants the ball...that doesn't show up but was one of the biggest reasons they lost the game...
    then doesn't that also include the intangibles such as the two offsides penalties on ware and the fumble with felix etc etc? those were just as huge...

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Brady missed it vrs the Bills, Brees missed it vs Rams and Bucs ..... I guess Aaron Rodgers is the only good QB in the league.
    Yup just keep pretending this is the first time he's had the game in his grasp & choked.Do you know the difference between BLOMO & those other 3 QB's? all 3 of them are going to the playoffs again this year.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Romo is not and never has been a top 3 QB. The next big game he wins will be his first.

SportsPedagogy

Romo has the highest 4thQ. QB rating in NFL history. Cowboys up by 12 with 5 mins left... All on the defense. Romo put up 34 points .... all passing TD's. He has made plenty of clutch throws this season.

Terrance Newman is the biggest reason Dallas wont have any big success this season.

RHB041000

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    Yup just keep pretending this is the first time he's had the game in his grasp & choked.Do you know the difference between BLOMO & those other 3 QB's? all 3 of them are going to the playoffs again this year.
    this would be a non issue had jason garrett not iced his kicker last week with that timeout hahaha. ohwell, im done w/ this, just silly talk.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

yeah but maybe only one will win. the rest will just be losers like romo. there will be no difference in the end.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Romo has the highest 4thQ. QB rating in NFL history. Cowboys up by 12 with 5 mins left... All on the defense. Romo put up 34 points .... all passing TD's. He has made plenty of clutch throws this season.

Terrance Newman is the biggest reason Dallas wont have any big success this season.
    Is that u Tony?

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Romo is not and never has been a top 3 QB. The next big game he wins will be his first.
    another idiotic statement that just proves my theory. Its only a big game if the Cowboys lose.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Having a bunch of come back wins isn't a stat to be proud of...it means they play from behind often which catches up to you...
    The amount of idiocy in this thread is staggering.

So Romo doesn't get credit for comeback wins because it means he doesn't play well enough early... but also doesn't get credit when he plays well early and puts his team in a position to win late. Gotcha.

RHB041000

Newman has plagued the Cowboys for many years now.

RHB041000

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    The amount of idiocy in this thread is staggering.

So Romo doesn't get credit for comeback wins because it means he doesn't play well enough early... but also doesn't get credit when he plays well early and puts his team in a position to win late. Gotcha.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Terrible defense, terrible kicker. Not much you can do, if your kicker can't kick or your defense can't stop anyone.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen30 View Post
    Let's blame Romo..Are you fukkin clowns serious????
    Are you blind? Did you see that 3rd down play with 2 minutes left?
    Points Awarded:

Djstucky gave warriorfan707 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Dallas should trade for Tebow. He is awesome.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I love how Romo haters are resorting to using one incomplete pass(and not exactly a simple play either. Sure, the receiver was open, but the defender was still between Romo and the target meaning he had to drop it in... a throw good QB's make more often than not but still a throw that Brady or Brees or anyone misses somewhat regularly) as Romo's latest "Choke". Not an interception(Like Eli has thrown in a lot of big moments this year), or a fumble, or a botched snap, or a poor decision... an incomplete pass in a situation where their win probability went from .82 to .71(Though that's generic WP, not team specific which would probably skew things against my argument a bit)

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Tonight's game was not lost because of Romo but neither did he put his team in a strong position to win the game. Yes, he struggled and fought,etc to set up the game-tying FG but that's the point in my opinion. If you scramble and struggle that many times you're bound to make poor decision/rushed throws and so on which Romo does. Eli was absolutely spectacular in this game and the DAL defence was brutal but Romo was not great. Moments of greatness, moments of poorness. I don't hate on Romo but neither do I put him in one of my "feel secure with this guy on the field" lists...Cheers

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady missed it vrs the Bills, Brees missed it vs Rams and Bucs ..... I guess Aaron Rodgers is the only good QB in the league.
    pats are 10-3
    saints are 10-3

both have superbowl wins
    those players deserve some slack
    choking as many games as romo has choked .............
    u dont get to referenced along with those qbs

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Are you blind? Did you see that 3rd down play with 2 minutes left?
    Fukk yes...someone else that understands how big certain things are that don't show up on a stat sheet...

Djstucky

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    I love how Romo haters are resorting to using one incomplete pass(and not exactly a simple play either. Sure, the receiver was open, but the defender was still between Romo and the target meaning he had to drop it in... a throw good QB's make more often than not but still a throw that Brady or Brees or anyone misses somewhat regularly) as Romo's latest "Choke". Not an interception(Like
    Eli has thrown in a lot of big moments
    this year), or a fumble, or a botched
    snap, or a poor decision... an
    incomplete pass in a situation where
    their win probability went from .82 to
    .71(Though that's generic WP, not team
    specific which would probably skew
    things against my argument a bit)
    It wasnt an easy play??? How many chances do you get to throw the ball to a guy that has 2 steps on the defender??? Granted a blitz was on but it's the NFL...you make these plays to win games...or in romo's case you don't and lose them...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: warriorfan707

TexansFan

another idiotic statement that just proves my theory. Its only a big game if the Cowboys lose.

The only idiots in this thread are those that think he belongs in the top 3. This wasn't a big game?

How about this, since Romo has been in the league how has he done in the playoffs? Romo is a nice player when there's no pressure, but chokes under the pressure.

It's ok if you're a Romo homo, but please remove your head from your ass. Thanks.
    Points Awarded:

Djstucky gave TexansFan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

warriorfan707

Fukk yes...someone else that understands how big certain things are that don't show up on a stat sheet...
    The idiocy of some of these morons is unreal. The whole point is all the top 3 QB's in the league find a way to drop that pass in there.

Romo finds a way to fuk things up.

warriorfan707

Top 3 QB my fukkin foot

TexansFan

It's simple really, very few elite QB's in the NFL. Romo isn't one of them.

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last