BlackAces
    Louisville +6.5 over UK
    BlackAces's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just need an explanation

Can someone please explain to me why LSU was the "square" bet last night? Thanks in advance.

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAces View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why LSU was the "square" bet last night? Thanks in advance.
    Cause they were ranked higher & a fav.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

ohh 90% of the public was on them, that's the reason.

Ohh and they were the square play because they are the better team.

There is no square/sharp play, people say "ohh msu is the sharp play" those people just want to sound like they are smart and think because they throw out the word sharp, that it will win

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

#3 in the land only laying a FG in an isolated game on primetime weeknight with 80% on them.

I for one shy away from high profile favs on primetime, isolated games but that's just me... may miss out on a few like last night but feel over time they hurt your BR more than help it. Not really big on the sharp/square talk either, just cap the game how you do and grind it out... don't worry about who is betting what.

BlackAces
    Louisville +6.5 over UK
    BlackAces's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys make good points. I want to throw this out there for consideration. Is it possible that Vegas can make a mistake from time to time? And when I say "mistake", I simply mean that a line can be off by a considerable amount. **I'm not saying Vegas lost money or won money on last night's game. I'm simply implying that if the game had been LSU -7, Vegas may have won big time. Thoughts?

Obviously, Vegas wants equal money on both sides. Do you believe they got that with this game?