are no joke.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only beat the Raptors Looker.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Remember last year Lebron almost beat a deadly Boston team all by himself

This team has legit shit to win it all, James greatest player since Jordan so watch out.

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

today was their 8th or 9th win of more than 12 points, but its there defense that really impressive

Godzilla
    Godzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still like Boston to come out of the east

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron had 3 poster dunks tonight...god I hope he comes to New York.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Remember last year Lebron almost beat a deadly Boston team all by himself

This team has legit shit to win it all, James greatest player since Jordan so watch out.
    JJ, at that time Boston was still getting used to being together in the post season, and didn't even get theiir first road win under their belt. It would be a totally different situation this year, in Boston's favor.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4891

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    The only beat the Raptors Looker.
    9th straight win, and I don't know how many straight with 10+ margin.

Tsoprano

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Still like Boston to come out of the east
    You have a good head on your shoulders.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Will easily win Central.

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    9th straight win, and I don't know how many straight with 10+ margin.
    Celtics are one a 12 game win streak, pretty much make it 13 because next game they face the Wizards.

Longest streak right now in the NBA, and they actually played tough teams. (Pacers, Pacers at home, Blazers, Magic, Cavaliers, etc)

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoprano View Post
    Celtics are one a 12 game win streak, pretty much make it 13 because next game they face the Wizards.

Longest streak right now in the NBA, and they actually played tough teams. (Pacers, Pacers at home, Blazers, Magic, Cavaliers, etc)
    They haven't beat the Cavs in that current streak, that was the first game of the season.

Cavs have a one loss sandwiched (Pistons that had to make a size able comeback to win) in between a 8 game win streak and a current 9 game win streak.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

I think Cleveland is one trade away from coming out the east.

I think they need a Hedo Turkolugue, or a Peja Stok. (however you spell that). Someone who is deadly from behind the arc

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    They haven't beat the Cavs in that current streak, that was the first game of the season.

Cavs have a one loss sandwiched (Pistons that had to make a size able comeback to win) in between a 8 game win streak and a current 9 game win streak.
    They will blow them out also!

Tsoprano

Lebron is a great player, but until he learns to knock down free throws in clutch situations, they will always be eliminated. Paul Pierce hits better than 90% in 4th quarters from the stripe, and gets to the line every time he gets the ball.

All teams have the same strategy, "foul lebron every time" down the stretch when he starts to steam roll it inside the paint. He can not brick the free throws, or split pairs...if he wants a ring.

Sooner or later, some player is going to foul him good, and he will be out, or the injuries will start to take affect in a critical way. Im surprised it hasn't happened yet they way he's been wrestled down so many times. Lebron has size on his side, which certainly does make a difference.

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

T, The Cavs are better this year... No denying that.

You say that the Celtics were jsut getting used to each other in the postseason? Huh? They played 82 games together in the regular season for that. Meanwhile, the Cavs traded for like 4 new players last year at the end of the year. Big Ben, Joe Smith, Delonte West, AND Wally. I have no idea how you think the Celtics were trying to get more accustomed to each other than the Cavs were.

Anyways, back to the initial statement. The Cavs are better and actually have some three point shooters in Mo Williams and West, and the ability to rebound the ball with Varejao, Z, and Big Ben. Cavs win the east this year. No stopping LeBron this year. This is his year.

Kingctb27

Also, LeBron is hitting 79% free throws this year... A clip up from last year.

I would also argue that FG% is a better indicator of success than is FT%... LeBron is a career 48% guy where as Pierce is a 44 or so I would imagine. KG has fallen off this year and my fantasy teams hurting because of it.

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

speaking of delonte west that dude really seems to bring a lot of spirit and energy to the team, really the kinda player who becomes a fan favourite

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by Kingctb27 View Post

You say that the Celtics were jsut getting used to each other in the postseason? Huh? They played 82 games together in the regular season for that.

Post season is a completely different situation.

Tsoprano

Quote Originally Posted by Kingctb27 View Post
    Also, LeBron is hitting 79% free throws this year... A clip up from last year.

I would also argue that FG% is a better indicator of success than is FT%... LeBron is a career 48% guy where as Pierce is a 44 or so I would imagine. KG has fallen off this year and my fantasy teams hurting because of it.
    King, free throws is a way bigger indicator of success. Anyone can knock down shots, but drawing fouls every other possesion helps the overall cause in many different ways. It forces a player to change his style when in foul trouble, gets the team into the bonus, causes frustration, etc. Now, when players are put on the line, between these two: Paul Pierce is definitely superior.

There is only a few percentile difference between the two with FG's, but how many games does it all come down to the last couple points (especially in the post season)? That's when free throws become critical.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

cavs suck without James

Kingctb27

Not true. FG% is far superior when it comes to winning championships. Look at the Spurs, Bulls, and Lakers. All of them have one thing in common. Efficient players who have VERY high FG%'s.

With the Spurs you have Duncan and Parker who excel in this category and actually are pretty bad at the line career wise. Manu is a pretty good shooter as well, especially for a guard. His career #'s don't suggest that, but since his sophomore season, he has never shot under 46%... With the # of attempts he takes, you gotta love that. Same goes with Parker. And of course Duncan is the best PF the game has seen on both ends of the court.

With the Lakers you have Shaq. Shot close to 58% and is probably the worst FT% shooter the game has ever seen on a make per attempt basis. I'd venture to say he's probably missed the most free throws in the history of the game. (Maybe Wilt has missed more.) Again, Shaq has won 4 rings. (Wade is also a very effiecient player from the field. Well over 47% in his career I would imagine)

Lastly, you have the Bulls who were dominated by guard play, but MJ shot over 50% from the field when they won their championships. Was he a good FT shooter? Of course, but if he didn't have those awesome numbers from the field these guys wouldn't even be in games to be able to ice the game at the end.

FG% prevails anyday over FT's.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Free throws win games, defense wins championships. Lebron might hit it in the regular season where they've been beating opponents rather handily but I still don't think he's a clutch player. I would still dare him to beat me from the outside. Opposing teams can force him to shoot jumpers all day and I don't think Cleveland would win like that. Despite his high FG%, it is a bit misconstrued because he takes so many high percentage shots, which is not a bad thing. I don't think FG% is superior. You can shoot horribly from the field, play great defense but still win games. Getting to the line helps you a lot and consistently hitting your FTs will allow you to win a lot of close games.
    Last edited by The_Kid; 12-10-08 at 12:25 AM.

Kingctb27

How are you going to force to make him hit jumpers? How? Standing 4 feet off of him is a death wish and no coach will do it. Even then, he can get past all the SF's in the east with his first step even with them playing that far off of him.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

I'll give him a little space and have him show me he can hit jumpers consistently with a hand in his face. I still don't think he's a proven jump shooter, so just make him beat you from the perimeter. I'd rather have LBJ beat me shooting 20 footers rather than dunking in my face all the time. If he makes them, props to him.
    Last edited by The_Kid; 12-10-08 at 03:02 AM.