Originally posted on 01/06/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
They're allowing tennis because the state I'm in currently does allow funerals, etc and was trying to ease restrictions finally (although they introduced new ones again yesterday). The state I'm referring to has gone rogue and has shut itself off from the rest of the country. Some of their residents love it and others obviously don't but the federal government can only "advise" not mandate to them. But they can in the case of international border entry. Just like it's not California Customs Control when you enter LA it's not Tennis Australia Border Control. The federal government runs it and they said no back in November.

About 8 months ago or so - don't shoot me if the timeline is a bit off as it's all now a blur - we were told we were going into a little 5 day snap lockdown to act as a "circuit breaker". We were in our 6th or 7th lockdown for something like 6 months instead. And now yesterday density limits have been reintroduced for hospitality, we have to work from home if we can, IVF appointments and elective surgeries are cancelled, etc. And those of us living here have seen this play out several times before so we know what's coming. Our last lockdown was for 5 cases. We now have 20k+ per day. This is precisely why the majority want Djoko and anyone else to play by the same rules the rest of us have to
You know why all of this is batshit? Covid isn't going away, ever. The quicker you learn to live WITH it Normally, the better.

Can't keep injections going on 4 times a year indefinitely