Originally posted on 05/16/2021:

you have to beat the rake, the juicing, the cheating, and not having the inside info

not to mention having discipline and br mgmt

i cant beat any of those things but im addicted so ill never stop

my handicapping consists of steam plays and trainer angles. maidens are my specialty. i used to be a chalk bettor but now i play more a style of what i hope will happen compared to the old days where i would play what i think it would happen...if im gonna lose i might as well go for the bigger payoffs.

my favorite bets are keying a chalk or 2nd/3rd choice horse on top of a $10 exacta (or even a steam horse sometimes) and key 2 or 3 horse behind for $20/$30. I'll use one long shot and 1 or 2 logical BUT NOT low odds horses. I like to look at the exacta probables to see whose getting steamed up in the exacta pool...i actually look at the pick 3 payables first. Sometimes the double probables. Find a long shot whose getting hit in those pools lower than their projected morning line in comparison to lower m/l horses with higher probables/will pays.

I then turnaround and key the same horse on top of the dime super with another horse i like and play some bombs behind them with all-all trying to catch.

pick 4's are my kryptonite. i love playing them but i always get fkd somehow from big money and then i cant sleep at night. ive been doing this shit for 22 years..i got some stories.

lastly my money maker is usually a good old fashioned win bet on a steam horse. the perfect bet is usually when a horse is 9-2 ml or so and getting hit at 3-1 thats usually a $100 win bet...then ill look for like 8-1 to 10-1 ml getting hit down to 9-2 or so...thats a $50 bet. of course they gotta be getting steamed in the picker pools.

of course all of this is when i just bet blind off the board...sometimes thats all it takes