Originally posted on 07/02/2019:

Quote Originally Posted by skeptastic View Post
One question I've had for some time is what time the overnight lines at 5dimes (my main book) actually open. Gonna give them a shout to find out, but if anyone here know, feel free to share.
welcome skeptastic, i dig the name, well done.

i set up my SBR odds page to display the Pinny opener and then Pinny, 5Dimes, BM, BOL and everyone else.

depending on the day, 5Dimes usually has lines out late afternoon, early evening for the next day's games. however, when they actually post the Nickel lines is a different matter. i live on east coast and wake up early for work, thus i go to bed early. i've never seen the reduced lines posted at night, except for the occasional weekend night. i've checked after 10 p.m. EST and the reduced lines were not posted.

just checked the Pinny history on that Tor line, that was a fun one. Tor got bet up slowly it looked like, then the large spike you pointed out near game time. then they dropped a full 10 cents before rebounding up some. makes me think certain syndicates or professionals had numbers they wanted to see. one of them loved KC +140 and 3 minutes later it was down to +129. the big bettor on the other side got the number down in the range they liked right before game time because it moved back to +133.

that was fun. unsure of your mindset, but i take a long term view on sports betting. this game line moves and result mean nothing. we would need a few hundred more of the same closing line before we begin to make assumptions or read things into situations. a single game means nothing. i don't trust weekly or monthly results either. i even beginning to question season long results.

point is, i don't know you as a bettor, but something like this approach is built to survive and profit over long term results (about 750 play per season). keep the bet sizes reasonable and best of luck!