Originally posted on 04/23/2016:

Like with everything, it can be a blessing or a curse.

Two examples of blessing:

1) You really liked a side and meant to play it but got distracted and missed the cutoff. Last week I loved the Mariners but forgot it was an early start. Because of live betting, I was not only able to jump in, but because they didn't score in the top of the first, I got them at a better price.

2) You like say an NBA home team to win but don't like having to give up the 8 or 9. You wait until the inevitable point in the game when the other team goes on a run and takes a small lead, then you jump on them for the -2 or -3 since you know that in the end in the NBA, the home crowd + the refs will likely bring you your winner.

Two examples of curse:

1) You're angry at how your night is going, as either all or most of your plays look to have been completely wrong and you're destined to drop eight units on the night. You need a quick fix for this, so you see what's out there and you start betting without having a clue what's even going on in the games. "Hmm, O's are down five runs? Well, they'll probably cut into that, lemme go huge on the +4.5"... or, "hmm, this random west coast game is 2-1 in the bottom of the eighth, let me go huge on "Under 4 runs." By the end of the night, you doubled your losses.

2) You're bored some night and needing action, so you start doing the most ridiculous of all live-betting options, the "First batter in the top of the fourth will: Reach via hit or error/ strike out or walk/ any other outcome." or, in the fall, "Third possession of the second half will open with: A rush for a gain/ a completed pass/ any other outcome." You do one for fun, lose it, say fukk that and add another, lose, get more pissed, say Okay for real, this guy is definitely striking out here, or this drive absolutely starts with a completed pass.. double-down, lose, get buried... Wash, rinse, repeat.